FeloniousMonk
+0|6746

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I'ma coward because I dont like killing? Go join the military if you've got balls.

DID I SAY I HAD A PROBLEM WITH ADF? They probably know they dont have enough men to defend Aus anyway.
Freedom isn't free.

I've known a few of the RAAF and RAN guys that were/are in the officer exchange program. Very capable and dedicated individuals.

the_heart_attack wrote:

the movie team america was a perfect example of what america thinks.
Grossly untrue.

Flavius Aetius wrote:

Truly, America has earned the right to stamp around the world. Why should I give a damn what some other person in another country want me to do? I am an American. I live How I live, and I am at the top. You may claim your weapons are better, that may be the case, but we have good weapons in numbers. We have a force that is unstoppable. Everyone is always bashing us because we are at the top. If our president wants us to go fight, then we'll go fight. If we don't like it, we'll choose a new guy. I don't care if you hate me, because I know, that if it came down to it, my army could kick your ass. Get over yourselfs.  And Greenie_Beazinie your comment on why we were in Vietnam, well, last time I checked you were there to. Maybe we should stop saving the world.
You do not represent America.
bustamante8151
+0|6681
Ok people lets not get it twisted.... Our American government does not represent our collective thought on the war or its policies. Although we are a democratic nation, those that have some sense know or realize that those who are privileged and at the top do what’s necessary for them to remain and stay at the top. Oh well, every country does it, not as publicly as the US but everyone does it. I didn't agree with it when I was younger but as you grow older and learn how some of the luxuries you live with everyday are attributed to foreign policy you tell yourself, sure why not go over there and help/invade/stabilize (somewhat lol)/and so on.
Brainwashed/ing... you are right to an extent. Patriotism, national pride, self preservation all forms of brainwashing. So what’s your point? I’m sure you fall into one of those categories.
Australia, greenie, is not off the terrorist radar. It’s inevitable, tragedy will hit. It may not be on a grand scale like NY, but Aussies are in Iraq doing their fair share dirt. Don't know how far into the country you live, but what if something happens in OZ and one of your family members are killed in the process? Are you gonna go down to local recruiters? Just sit back and say it’s all Bushes fault? Ahhhh what I would give to be 16 again... no worries or cares, just sit at home play games, go to a girls house make out and play hooky. Enjoy your time as a teenager and play BF2 from the comfort of your home.

Oh the original question:
I'm a Marine (11 years now). First combat experience in 99 I was about 23. We were mortared by 8 103mm out of a makeshift tube rigged to some yugos. Initial reaction (after my hearing came back) was WTF just happened. Didn't seem real to me at first until my gunny picked me up and said shoot at the field. 10 secs later it hit me, and all you want to do is survive and hope your buddies next to you don’t get hit… not just because they are your brothers but because if they go down your chances of survival are shit. Fight or flight!
Then OIF I & III more firefights, mortars and missile attacks... yadaydayda. Haven't seen any freeze ups, a lot of kids wiggin out though. Then again I'm ground support not infantry so I didn't patrol everyday, but I did patrol. One thing for certain every time I was in “it”, it never seemed real to me. You lose sense of taste, little bit of hearing, heart pounds out of chest (well for me anyway), feels like your dreaming.

I joined knowing I may be engaged in combat someday, but at the time there wasn't anything going on like what we have now.

I'm not a redneck, far from poor, have a degree but that doesn't mean I'm educated... I joined because I come from a long line veterens, that and I liked the uniform. PLUS I’M A HOTHEAD!!!!
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6782|Atlanta, GA USA

Kaosdad008 wrote:

Chuy - Please close this one down.  It's degraded to more Anti-American Faffery and there are three other topics for that (at least).
Why is it that nearly every thread on this forum turns into another flame against the USA?
FeloniousMonk
+0|6746
where 'bouts in Atlanta are you from? I spent 16 years growing up in gwinnett, north & south fulton, and cobb counties
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6782|Atlanta, GA USA
I live and work in Gwinnett County right now (live in Buford, work in Norcross).  My wife works in downtown Atlanta, so has a hell of a commute.
I have also lived in Dekalb County.  I've only lived here ~7.5 years; I'm originally from Tennessee.  I like it pretty well.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6746
Good area. Last place I lived in GA was in Norcross, right off Burns a couple miles from 85. Used to go up to Buford all the time for landscape work at my buddy's family's land. I miss the south.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6690|Broadlands, VA

FeloniousMonk wrote:

I miss the south.
Oh, that'll get you flamed you red-necked, confederate flag flying, oil whoreing globe stomping American, you!
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6705|San Francisco
Alright, everyone.  Take a deep breath, step back, click on the Page 1 link down there, and read the first post.

Try to respond properly, or I will close this one down.  Berserk_Vampire wants an answer, not a huge flame-war.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6699
So about 2 or 3 people stayed on topic then the rest of the people went back to the other topics.

American Bastardization.
We are on top of the world.
Oil.
My army can kick you're armies ass.

Its things like  those that make most of us hate the U.S and the thing that is more annoying is the people "Were on top" "My Army can kick you're ass" Arent even in the army and is some stupid fat little kid.

Well with comments like are army is better then yours and we are on top then when people talk back you think the topic should be  closed? Thats not fair leave it open.

I wanted to join the Army when i was younger about 16 or 17 and im not sure if its still like this now but i think it said you have to have grade 10 education or higher and i only had Grade 9 and some of 10 (I left school and worked for my uncle) So i didnt join.

I read on the website the pysical test its really funny i work out every day since i was 16 i can probably do more then any one at those tests. But i didnt want to join the Army to defend my country or Protect people because there isnt anything to protect or defend lol the reason i wanted too is to become Stronger (pysical training) and Learn how to handle weapons and meet some people not to kill people.

I think if you're in the battlefield when you're fighing and you "have" to kill people because they are shooting at you then just dont think of anything just shoot cause if you think about life and death and people or anything you'll just screw up and die.

This thread for some reason just made me think about Full Metal Jacket when that fat guy kills himself in the bathroom, does stuff like ever happen? Thats pretty fucked up i felt bad for the guy (in the movie)
Speed84
+0|6781|Norge/Norway/Norwegen
You got a point there. But sometimes, you think on anything BUT the action. Due to the gross nature of combat. The thought of murder hits you later on. Attempts to justefi it rarely helps!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6852|Cologne, Germany

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

So about 2 or 3 people stayed on topic then the rest of the people went back to the other topics.

American Bastardization.
Oil.

Its things like  those that make most of us hate the U.S and the thing that is more annoying is the people "Were on top" "My Army can kick you're ass" Arent even in the army and is some stupid fat little kid.

Well with comments like are army is better then yours and we are on top then when people talk back you think the topic should be  closed? Thats not fair leave it open.

I wanted to join the Army when i was younger about 16 or 17 and im not sure if its still like this now but i think it said you have to have grade 10 education or higher and i only had Grade 9 and some of 10 (I left school and worked for my uncle) So i didnt join.

I read on the website the pysical test its really funny i work out every day since i was 16 i can probably do more then any one at those tests. But i didnt want to join the Army to defend my country or Protect people because there isnt anything to protect or defend lol the reason i wanted too is to become Stronger (pysical training) and Learn how to handle weapons and meet some people not to kill people.

I think if you're in the battlefield when you're fighing and you "have" to kill people because they are shooting at you then just dont think of anything just shoot cause if you think about life and death and people or anything you'll just screw up and die.

This thread for some reason just made me think about Full Metal Jacket when that fat guy kills himself in the bathroom, does stuff like ever happen? Thats pretty fucked up i felt bad for the guy (in the movie)
Berserk, I don't know you very well, but let me give you two words ( sentences rather ) of advice:

1. get the hell back in school and get a quality education ( if you haven't done that already )
2. if you don't want to kill people, don't join the armed forces
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6699

B.Schuss wrote:

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

American Bastardization.
Oil.

Berserk, I don't know you very well, but let me give you two words ( sentences rather ) of advice:

1. get the hell back in school and get a quality education ( if you haven't done that already )
2. if you don't want to kill people, don't join the armed forces
1. I only had three hours of sleep and i never correct any typos or spelling mistakes this isnt scool everything doesnt have to be perfect like fat nerds are used to like yourself.

2. I said the the reason i wanted to join is to get stronger and learn to handle weapons and not to kill as in my reason for joining isnt just to kill people but i would if i had to defend myself understand now? I suggest seeing the doctor and getting you're eyes checked.

3. Someone who is so mentally obese over spelling didnt use any capitals.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6769|MA, USA

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

... Its things like  those that make most of us hate the U.S and the thing that is more annoying is the people...
Some of the people who stayed on topic were Americans.  Some of the people who digressed were not.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824

Cougar wrote:

What the fuck?  I'm convinced you special ed rejects couldn't stay on topic if the topic was tits and there was some tits in your face.

Greenie, your such an emo fag.

I quit these retarded forums.  Nothing but a bunch of 12 year old idiots in here.
I wear workwear/nike/adidas, not black shit. I listen to krunk music/rap, not emo shit. I drink beer, not chicks drinks. My hair is short, not comeover.

Cunts who are always calling everyone 12 year old fag emos are generally the real bitches.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6694|Stillwater, Ok
Greenie if your seriously can't respond intelligently then don't at all.  And if your really are from Australia then i feel sorry for whoever knows you.

To Beserk_Vampire and your comment about full metal jacket.  Unfortunately there have been things similar to but not always like that.  Marines and Navy are the most likely to commit suicide.  Navy primarily happens on their ships, i mean a 9 month deployment in steel ship seeing ocean and sky for most of that would drive me insane as well.  Most marines end up commiting suicide from a certain code that they are taught during boot camp.  A marine would rather accept death than to be dishonored is the most common way of thinking.  There are those few who take it to all points in life.  But I am sure there are cases in all militaries where people commit suicid. Hell even civilians commit suicide for some weird crap.  I really feel sorry for those that see death as their only way out.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824
Fuck you, you dont know shit about me... so suck my peter
Gunny_Prixxon
+0|6723|atlanta

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

I'm trying to justify for myself that only stupid or desperate people do stupid shit.
Pure ignorance. So, fighting for our country, and freedoms is stupid?
PLEASE fucking tell me what the fuck Iraq has to do with your country? What did vietnam have to do with your country? What did Korea have to do with your country?

Fucking go join the military if you wanna ride their dick
What did Guadalcanal have to do with my country? The US Marines were sent to Guadalcanal to protect Australia and the impending Japanese invasion back in 1942.  Without that success, you and your parents would all be speaking japanese.  On the bright side, your japanese would be spoken as poorly as you all mates speak English.

My credentials?  15 years in the Marine Corps and a degree in History from an honors university.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824
The Japanese never had a invasion plan for Australia.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6686|Canberra, AUS

Gunny_Prixxon wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Pure ignorance. So, fighting for our country, and freedoms is stupid?
PLEASE fucking tell me what the fuck Iraq has to do with your country? What did vietnam have to do with your country? What did Korea have to do with your country?

Fucking go join the military if you wanna ride their dick
What did Guadalcanal have to do with my country? The US Marines were sent to Guadalcanal to protect Australia and the impending Japanese invasion back in 1942.  Without that success, you and your parents would all be speaking japanese.  On the bright side, your japanese would be spoken as poorly as you all mates speak English.

My credentials?  15 years in the Marine Corps and a degree in History from an honors university.
There is no evidence that Japan wished to invade Australia. They merely wanted to keep the Americans from having a base there. I just did a course on this, btw.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6769|MA, USA

Spark wrote:

There is no evidence that Japan wished to invade Australia. They merely wanted to keep the Americans from having a base there. I just did a course on this, btw.
Hindsight is 20/20.  Whether it is true or not that the Japanese did not intend to invade Australia, nobody knew it at the time, and Australians were flipping out, thinking they were next on the Block.  All of my reading on the subject led me to understand the Australians were quite happy with US actions in the Pacific, at the time they took place.

Surely you understand that the point Gunny_Prixxon was trying to make is that folks are ready to have an adventurous US when it suits their needs, and just as ready to whine about it when it does not.  Someone is always pleased, and someone is always not.  If you are an American, you feel 'damned if you do, and damned if you don't.'  Since we can't count on other nations to be consistent, probably the best thing is; 'to thine own self be true.'

Greenie:

Vietnam:  Not a lot in the way of US interest there.  Our activities were purely Altruistic...and the aftermath of the North Vietnamese 'win' showed our worst fears to be true.  Many thousands of people were murdered because of who they were or who they knew.  Lots more were dispossessed and re-educated.  You are probably too young to remember, but the seas were flooded with Vietnamese 'boat people'; refugees fleeing the country for fear of being killed for the flimsiest of reasons (not an unreasonable fear either).  Additionally Laos and Cambodia fell to Vietnamese sponsored Communist insurgents (hello, domino theory?), and the 'killing fields' under Pol Pot are infamous.  What was our interest indeed?

Korea:  Clear cut case of an aggressive, Communist backed state trying to absorb a weaker neighbor by force.  At the time, most of the countries in the world (except those under Russia or China's spheres of influence) agreed that using force to stop them was the right thing to do.  Looking at what North Korea has become, I'd have to say I agree.

Neither of these are good examples for the argument that the US should stay home (in fact, the events southeast asia post 1975 are a pretty good argument that we should have stuck it out).  Actually, Iraq is the only one in recent memory that is questionable...and there are still some good arguemnts for that action (they just aren't the arguements that our not-too-bright chief executive uses, or is motivated by).

Last edited by whittsend (2006-02-06 12:09:05)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6727
Greenie weenie... you sound like an idiot... are you planning on joining the military... lmfao...
God Bless the military... taking care of terrorism...one maggot at a time... CB
Love is the answer
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6694|Stillwater, Ok
Lol Greenie sounds like he has small man syndrome.  I think it is you who should be sucking my peter, I have atleast seen combat and reacted to such situations.  You don't have the pair to join much less kill someone should the need arise.  I fight for my rights, not sit back and act all tough from the safety of your computer.  I swear you sound like a cocky ass 15yr old still in Secondary Education if that.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6824
I'ma cocky ass 16 year old still in secondary education

You guys are really hurting my feelings... im going to cry myself to sleep tonight.
bustamante8151
+0|6681
Ok I have a dumb question.... what the hell does EMO mean? I've seen it a couple of times but I cant draw the meaning from the context.
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6776|Dallas
"Emotional"

In laymens terms, that means a fag.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard