David.P
Banned
+649|6277
1. Correct to those who said teamwork! I saw this on taraba recently. They stopped our tanks from getting to the windfarm, I stopped them when we started bleeding, I took care of the 3 vodnik passengers with my 53a3 and blew the tanks with c4.

2. The answer is padding! When the fav is underwater the whole hitbox is too you can shoot in the water but it wont damage it, The mounted MG is not part of the hit box so with it exposed above the water the only danger is too the gunner, And each fav is full of 3 engy's right? With all the damage being done to it by the water the engy's repair it fast enough to never get past critical.(Also it depends on how deep the water is since the damage is dealt by percentage like the m95 against infantry) To those who said it's not possible you have'nt been playing wake very long have you? This is a trick i invented on my first account last year with a few friends when we got sick of the USMC cobra stopping our rape attempts.

3. Hard one but really it's teamwork. Some admins may call it statpadding but all in all it's just a squad helping their team win and being rewarded.
niomosy
+26|6692
1 & 3 are teamwork.

2 is stats padding, much like we were told the flipped vehicles in the water for repair points were a no-no.
fabiator14
+7|6154|Normandy - France
teamwork for all
Sgt.Gene
+215|6766

David.P wrote:

Quiz time! I'm gonna ask 3 questions, Each one is going to be an example of either statpadding or teamwork. Ready? Let's go!

1. 2 tanks whose drivers are support are blocking the only entrance to a control point, They have a heavy transport full of engineers in back of them, They come under attack by enemy armor and anti tanks, They take damage but are not dead since the engineers are repairing them and they have infinite ammo because the 2 tank drivers are resupplying each other. Teamwork or Statpadding?

2. On wake 2 favs full of engineers drive to the arty island, From there they drive into the water to the point of the .50 cal being exposed but the whole car and it's hitbox are submerged, They rape the carrier, Everyone is getting repair points and driver kill assists. Teamwork or Statpadding?

3. Mashtuur a blackhawk with 1 medic as pilot, 2 support as gunners, and 3 engineers as passengers, Is raping the enemy, The engineers repair the blackhawk when hit and throw down mines/nades while support get resupply points and if engineers get hit the medic heals them, All teamwork points are being given out at a high rate. Teamwork or Statpadding?
Its all teamwork. Stapadding is kill/revive.

Last edited by Sgt.Gene (2007-07-21 17:50:16)

bofh999
+1|6601
@david
you can hit the hitbox under water
(ok this what i say now looks often like a cheat)

lay down on the loor and shoot a little bit under the floor and line up over it (sorry i cannot explain it in english correctly)
it lloks like the roket games from the underground ... so you can shoot this jeep to

or more easy take an sniper and kill the engeneers
san4
The Mas
+311|6691|NYC, a place to live

David.P wrote:

2. The answer is padding! When the fav is underwater the whole hitbox is too you can shoot in the water but it wont damage it, The mounted MG is not part of the hit box so with it exposed above the water the only danger is too the gunner, And each fav is full of 3 engy's right? With all the damage being done to it by the water the engy's repair it fast enough to never get past critical.(Also it depends on how deep the water is since the damage is dealt by percentage like the m95 against infantry) To those who said it's not possible you have'nt been playing wake very long have you? This is a trick i invented on my first account last year with a few friends when we got sick of the USMC cobra stopping our rape attempts.
You're saying it's possible to get the FAV so far into the water that nothing can reach its hitbox? Even bombs from the F-35 and TV missiles from the chopper?

Even if the FAV is invulnerable, the gunner is vulnerable (as you point out), and once the gunner is dead the FAV is no longer an offensive weapon. Since he's a stationary target, the gunner should be relatively easy for enemy aircraft to kill. Hiding the hitbox is kind of sleazy, but I think this arrangement is still not statpadding because it can be defeated by the other team.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6569|England

All three: Teamwork.

1 & 3 is literally teamwork, using the basic game ideas and developing them into a winning formula in a "legal" fashion.
The blackhawk idea also applies to scout helis in AF. Its teamwork, not statpadding.

2 is kinda on the border because I suppose it is an exploit in the game mechanics (as is glitching inside buildings).
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6288|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Teamwork
Padding
Padding = only because of BFROE
David.P
Banned
+649|6277

san4 wrote:

You're saying it's possible to get the FAV so far into the water that nothing can reach its hitbox? Even bombs from the F-35 and TV missiles from the chopper?
Except those 2 things.

san4 wrote:

Even if the FAV is invulnerable, the gunner is vulnerable (as you point out), and once the gunner is dead the FAV is no longer an offensive weapon. Since he's a stationary target, the gunner should be relatively easy for enemy aircraft to kill. Hiding the hitbox is kind of sleazy, but I think this arrangement is still not statpadding because it can be defeated by the other team.
But the squad leader is in the drivers seat and if the gunner is in the fav with no SL it's just a simple matter of exiting and swimming over.

Sleazy? Thats nothing compared to what other people have done with my trick.

Believe me man it is stat padding, I got banned from so many server because of that(Especially kark, Raping the train accident with 2 humvees under water)

Allright guys gonna make a few more examples later brb.
Ryan
+1,230|6846|Alberta, Canada

1. Who cares
2. Who cares
3. Who cares
j4mi3-k1ll3r
+19|6650|Behind that RPK-74
I am going to drive a PLA truck to the arty
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6181|Wisconsin
Teamwork
Teamwork
Teamwork
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6526|the Netherlands
1 bf2
2 bf2
3 bf2

its both of course !
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6660|California
Im outta bubble gum...

Ok.. the first 2 never ever happened in gameplay... people dont work that good together.

At least I have never seen nor heard of this.

Now the third one....

That only happened back in the beginning of BF2... back when the blackhawk was... feared.

Yes you newbiecakes out there... the Blackhawk was the deadliest thing in the game.

A full one could cap a flag in seconds without landing, and would kill anything that moved.

It was the 2 seater that everyone left behind... 

*HMD sheds a tear*  that was how I got most of my ribbons.
Reiskis
+6|6153|Bartlett Illinois
team
padding
team
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6339

Samtheman53.000001 wrote:

1 teamwork
2 isnt possible
3 teamwork
TRUE you cant drive a car to the island.. i tried with 8 ppl repairing it blows up

i think you can do a tank with a lot or people.

stat padding no!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6574

Even stat padding takes teamwork, so...
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6832|Denver colorado
1. ~desu
2. DESU
3. desu

1. amazing teamwork
2. is that even possible?
3. thats alright.

Last edited by lavadisk (2007-07-21 20:24:37)

Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6134

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

1. /hax
2. /jesus
3. /fly
Yarlly
David.P
Banned
+649|6277

j4mi3-k1ll3r wrote:

I am going to drive a PLA truck to the arty
It's too slow. You need 2 full fav's of engy's moving up side by side in order to achieve it.

Im outta bubble gum...

Ok.. the first 2 never ever happened in gameplay... people dont work that good together.

At least I have never seen nor heard of this.
Maybe not when you play.

Now the third one....

That only happened back in the beginning of BF2... back when the blackhawk was... feared.

Yes you newbiecakes out there... the Blackhawk was the deadliest thing in the game.

A full one could cap a flag in seconds without landing, and would kill anything that moved.

It was the 2 seater that everyone left behind... 

*HMD sheds a tear*  that was how I got most of my ribbons.
Go play PR .5 basrah if you miss it that much, My squad fucken owned! Wrecking(My SL) would drop us off behind the front line and tell us to blow bridges/vehicles/etc. And when we were extracted we left a trail of so much chaos and destruction in that palace. Holy shit! I fucken miss basrah .5 and the Blackhawk. The merlin is nice but nothing compared to the blackhawk(Hass only 6 seats where as we had 7)

ChevyLee86 wrote:

Samtheman53.000001 wrote:

1 teamwork
2 isnt possible
3 teamwork
TRUE you cant drive a car to the island.. i tried with 8 ppl repairing it blows up

i think you can do a tank with a lot or people.

stat padding no!
It's possible you just need 2 good drivers that can move fast and stick together. Tank is the hardest to i tried to show it once to victim but fuck it was only us 2. I tried it again and you need at least 10 engy's to repair you.(And thats hard to do)

lavadisk wrote:

1. ~desu
2. DESU
3. desu

1. amazing teamwork
2. is that even possible?
3. thats alright.
Seriously less anime/j-pop and more action movies/metal.
Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6134
^Stat pad ftw^
David.P
Banned
+649|6277
Ok guys new ones.

1. On gator an entire seal squad made up of 6 medics is in a boat in the red zone They are being punished and being healed (etc Immortality Till headshot or SRAW/ERYX)

2. Gator an mec team lands on viewing deck with pkm's shooting an apache piloted by an enemy soldier not taking off just sitting there getting fixed.

3. (Hard one) On kark the lord of weed(or sisjennar or whatever the fuck he's now called) Is throwing nades and a support gunner stands next to him with ammo bag out resupplying him.

Guess wisely.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6750|The United Center

David.P wrote:

Ok guys new ones.

1. On gator an entire seal squad made up of 6 medics is in a boat in the red zone They are being punished and being healed (etc Immortality Till headshot or SRAW/ERYX)

2. Gator an mec team lands on viewing deck with pkm's shooting an apache piloted by an enemy soldier not taking off just sitting there getting fixed.

3. (Hard one) On kark the lord of weed(or sisjennar or whatever the fuck he's now called) Is throwing nades and a support gunner stands next to him with ammo bag out resupplying him.

Guess wisely.
Padding.
It's not really teamwork or padding...but if I had to choose one, I'd pick teamwork.
Teamwork.

The only thing I really consider padding is when you're doing something that gets you points but doesn't help your team to win.  The medics in the boat are just trying to get points.  The guy on Karkand is actually trying to kill people, and thus help his team.
HSG
+23|6477|British Columbia, Canada
wow its obvious thats teamwork
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6471
They are all teamwork, the last is pushing it though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard