Braddock
Agitator
+916|6312|Éire
I agree with with what Cam and Serge have already posted. The Jewish culture and religion is often very closed off to outsiders (much like Islamic culture is perceived to be today) and on top of that the Jews regard themselves as 'the chosen people' ...add money and success to that and you have a perfect recipe for jealousy and resentment.

In modern times many hard liners from the Jewish world (mostly people with Zionist agendas) have attempted to equate dislike of Israel with dislike of Jews in general, this is just propaganda ...one can disagree with Israel's behaviour while having nothing against Jewish people as a race.

I strongly disagree with Israel's aggressive tactics but I still have Jewish friends ...okay I've got two Jewish friends (there aren't many Jews in Ireland!).
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6482|UK
I don't I'm friends with everyone I hold no grudge against the majority when it could be a few perpetuating the stereotype. Besides I don't know any Jewish people. I'll make my decisions about them when I meet one. I'd admit I was foolishly angry at the Jewish for the bombing of Lebanon last Summer.

I dug deeper and read about the Zionists and stuff and also how its not the entire Jewish populace urging to level the shit outta Lebanon.
Isn't it interesting how views change over time.

The Jews as a race have suffered alot over the years, its not happening now. Stuff like the Holocaust should be put in the corner and always looked at with the corner of our eye but it should not detract us from re-building burnt bridges. Take a look at Barbara Streisand recently doing a tour of Germany and how she regretted not touring there before.

Last edited by wah1188 (2007-07-20 07:56:04)

Ettercrab
+11|6673|Finland

Masterstyle wrote:

Ettercrab wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

Why dont the Jewish people just convert to another religion then they wouldn't be hated anymore.
I always thought that Jew was "race" and Judaism religion
A Jew is a person of Jewish faith I dont get how a religion could be a race, so I guess since I'm christian I'm part of the Christian race?
Maybe I have misunderstood something but in my opinion people can be Jewish without participating in Judaism(religion) and the other way as well. So Jewish people can be christian, muslim, hindu or atheist and still call himself Jewish.

Wikipedia wrote:

Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים, Yehudim; Ladino: ג׳ודיוס, Djudios; Yiddish: ייִדן, Yidn)[1] are members of the Jewish people, an ethnic group originating in the Israelites of the ancient Middle East and others who converted to Judaism throughout the millennia. The ethnicity and the religion of Judaism are strongly interrelated, and converts are both included and have been absorbed within the Jewish people.
Wolphoenix
+3|6171
I dont hate them. But when i went to work in Holland at a supermarket i always used to hear from the dutch workers that they hated the Jews for continuing to whine and moan about the holocaust while doing the same thing to the arabs there.
san4
The Mas
+311|6710|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

Most reasons have been covered above. Not integrating with communities into which they immigrated would be one of the main ones and the fact that the Catholic church banned moneylenders from charging interest, which gave Jewish folk an important and unfair advantage allowing them become rich throughout Europe.

In modern times its mainly about the unjust imposition of the state of Israel on the middle east that draws ire. It's nothing against Jews in particular though, for example 35,000 Jews live normal lives in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
I decline to believe that there was irrational anti-Jewish hatred for 2000 years and all of a sudden in 1948 it turned into "mainly" rational protest against Israeli injustices.
RECONDO67
+60|6657|miami FL
one more thing today the Jews are mad because the harry potter book was release today and today it's a holiday for them.

WTF the book was released world wide not just for the Jews

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard