Longbow
+163|6787|Odessa, Ukraine
I remember during 1.12 my friend shot his GP30 and killed both pilot and gunner in taking off cobra on Sharqi and then stole their cobra .
lol'ed it like crazy

Last edited by Longbow (2007-07-20 08:35:21)

kripp
+42|6882|Florida (305)

cablecopulate wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Only the M95 can penetrate helo/aircraft glass.

Please search next time, thanks.
Quit trying to act like a mod / forum nazi, 'cause everytime I've seen you do that you've been wrong.
Ive noticed that too. Hes a mod wannabe.

Last edited by kripp (2007-07-20 08:46:52)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6363|Escea

A couple of BF2s'ers were messing around with me on our server a while back when we waiting for more players to arrive. I was doing my leet F-35 hover stunts and everyone jumped on. When I pulled up the guy sitting on my windshield fell into the nosecone and knifed from there, this left my F-35 to spin spectacularly out of control like the end of Die Hard 4.0.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6331|Roma

cospengle wrote:

Wow. This thread really does contain a wealth of information on how to shoot down a chopper. I wish I'd read it earlier, I've just been trying to kill them with AA guns. Silly me.

BTW .50 cal is the next best thing if you're on the ground (unless you want to TK for the attack chopper in which case, yeah, that sniper thingy will do the trick). The .50 cal takes 'em down surprisingly fast actually.
Small-arms fire can damage choppers, but not that much.
If a chopper is smoking, shoot at it with anything you can, once it is smoking any little bit of damage might tip it into he red.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6282
.50 cal is, in many cases, far better than using AA.  Why?

1. They don't get a lock-on warning buzzer so they don't even know they're in danger.
2. They don't know they're getting damaged until they've lost a few bars a lot of the time.  If the pilot is a dozy idiot, he'll probably not even notice until half of the chopper's health is gone.
3. .50 cals aren't static; they don't immediately have a good idea of where you will be, especially if you've placed yourself in a nice hidden spot.
4. Flares don't work against .50 cals .
5. It comes down to my aim (which I am fully in control of) as opposed to what seems like a random number generator.  Sometimes two AA missiles hit even if the chopper flares, sometimes both miss even if the chopper has no flares.  .50 cal bullets don't fuck around.  I don't have to pray to the AA gods when I'm using a .50 cal.

I shot down the Mi-28 8 times in a row on sharqi the other day using a .50 cal.  The next day I was playing sharqi and was on MEC, and a few of the USMC guys spent the entire round calling whoever was in the chopper a bunch of stat-padding noobs who were using overpowered hardware.  You've got to laugh.  If people actually learned some decent anti-chopper tactics instead of complaining, they might just actually not get owned for once.  Even a good chopper team will take their eye off the ball once in a while and, even if you don't kill 'em a lot, you will force them to play a lot more cautiously and repair more often.

Wah! Wah! they're killing me!  It's not fair!  No wonder IO is so popular with that attitude.
MetalChont
+18|6689|Sydney, Australia
In a match we played a few months ago, (aK^ vs plus, aussies may remember it) our attack chopper pilot (LandaXe) was shot out of the chopper by a humvee's 50cal.  So there you go.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6363|Escea

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

.50 cal is, in many cases, far better than using AA.  Why?

1. They don't get a lock-on warning buzzer so they don't even know they're in danger.
2. They don't know they're getting damaged until they've lost a few bars a lot of the time.  If the pilot is a dozy idiot, he'll probably not even notice until half of the chopper's health is gone.
3. .50 cals aren't static; they don't immediately have a good idea of where you will be, especially if you've placed yourself in a nice hidden spot.
4. Flares don't work against .50 cals .
5. It comes down to my aim (which I am fully in control of) as opposed to what seems like a random number generator.  Sometimes two AA missiles hit even if the chopper flares, sometimes both miss even if the chopper has no flares.  .50 cal bullets don't fuck around.  I don't have to pray to the AA gods when I'm using a .50 cal.

I shot down the Mi-28 8 times in a row on sharqi the other day using a .50 cal.  The next day I was playing sharqi and was on MEC, and a few of the USMC guys spent the entire round calling whoever was in the chopper a bunch of stat-padding noobs who were using overpowered hardware.  You've got to laugh.  If people actually learned some decent anti-chopper tactics instead of complaining, they might just actually not get owned for once.  Even a good chopper team will take their eye off the ball once in a while and, even if you don't kill 'em a lot, you will force them to play a lot more cautiously and repair more often.

Wah! Wah! they're killing me!  It's not fair!  No wonder IO is so popular with that attitude.
The .50 is awesome for taking down choppers, get lucky and you can bring a jet down with one, when a jet comes in on a shooting run line up and open up on the cockpit, doesn't always work but I've shot the pilot out of the cockpit several times. But yes .50's rip through choppers.
ApolloRex69
+2|6276|Gardendale, Alabama
I'm still amazed by how many times a chopper will simply hover right in front of me in order to blow my tank up, apparently thinking I'm just going to sit there and watch or something. I simply elevate the main gun and *whammo*!!

At least I can take a couple of pilots to hell with me...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6363|Escea

I made a habit of shooting helos down on the EU serve the other day, I must have shot down the same two guys at least five time in one round just with the fifty, that was cool.
CodeBurn3r
+0|6265
i love taking down a chopper on its limp home with a pistol lol, its so disheartening to them, also i agree the .50cal is awesome for taking down choppers a few random shots at a passing helo and sometimes u get lucky with a kill assist.

best i have done was shot jet pilot out with a tank while he lined me up, and the jet just landed next to me then i attempted to jump in and steal the jet but i accidentally hit my bombs lol i was too shocked that the jet was fine.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6859|Melbourne, Australia
m95's are the only guns that can penetrate the glass and kill a pilot/gunner

however a well placed eryx to the glass can kill aswell as tank shells im not so sure about m203's/gp's
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6630|Gogledd Cymru

I.M.I Militant wrote:

however a well placed eryx to the glass can kill aswell as tank shells im not so sure about m203's/gp's
Tv missiles can if the chopper is just out of range and the asplosion kills them, however me and teddy were in a cobra i tv'd the pilot out of the havok when it was in range like 200m away and only the pilot survived, the gunner no mored when it crashed

plus jets can shoot you out
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6910|Canada, Ont
M95
AT Rocket
Primary Jet Fire
Primary Chopper Gunner Fire
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6363|Escea

Mr.Surgeons wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Tv missiles can if the chopper is just out of range and the asplosion kills them, however me and teddy were in a cobra i tv'd the pilot out of the havok when it was in range like 200m away and only the pilot survived, the gunner no mored when it crashed

plus jets can shoot you out
I've been killed out of the cockpit byt the Mi-28 cannon before during one of those really close helicopter fights.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-21 11:40:20)

ApolloRex69
+2|6276|Gardendale, Alabama

I.M.I Militant wrote:

Actually, lots of weapons can penetrate the glass and kill the pilot/gunner. That's what we've been discussing for the last three pages...
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6603|meh-land
I believe only the M95 can pierce glass

but if the hitbox is outside the glass/chopper, then whether the weapon can pierce glass is a moot point, as any weapon can kill an exposed hitbox
which is most likely the case is almost all of these circumstances
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6818|Middle of nowhere

RDMC(2) wrote:

USMCkilla wrote:

specops10-4 wrote:

OMfg... not again ... jets have machine guns, and they also have cannons!
You are a complete idiot. Modern Jets have cannons not machine guns. I think the last machine gun put on a US fighter jet was the F-86 Sabre back in the Korean war.
ffs...they both fire fuckin lethal pieces of metal at a high volocity, who cares if it is a machine gun or canon, cry me a fuckin river. Let the non-plane expert call it a machine gun and let the rest call it a cannon.
THANK YOU!!!  +1
spuddy1981
+10|6502|england
So basically choppers should be scared of everything.

Remind me to tell that to the next one that comes out of the sky raining bullets+ missiles on me.  Then it will know who's boss.

Cheers every one.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6520|MN

spuddy1981 wrote:

So basically choppers should be scared of everything.

Remind me to tell that to the next one that comes out of the sky raining bullets+ missiles on me.  Then it will know who's boss.

Cheers every one.
No.  They just need to be aware.  I don't fly around dreading someone is going to shoot me out of my choppah.  I try to avoid jets and kill everything else.  Occasionaly I kill the jets too.

But I do strongly agree Arnie_Z_Austrian>  it is very easy to change how a chopper team is playing.  I throughly enjoy hunting the choppers.  Most people run scared from a good chopper team.  Just turn the tables.  Get 2 vehicles with full rotating MG's and light them up.  There is a little more to it than that, but you get the idea.  1 or 2 determined chopper hunters will definetly change the tactics of ANY chopper crew.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6282
Exactly.  I played 64 player sharqi on a citymaps server yesterday with [MORK]Death and, in the cobra while lagging my ass off, I hit a 92 killstreak.  Guess how many times the MEC team tried to shoot us down?  Twice.  Twice!  They just rolled over and died and let us desecrate their collective corpse.  They had surveillance, hotel and plenty of .50 cals but didn't try and take us down with the AA or jeeps.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6361|Finland

RDMC wrote:

- Any bullet from an plane can kill a pilot
- M95 can
- Tank
- AT Rocket
- Tv Guided (Dont ask me how, but somehow I've managed to actually snipe a pilot out of his chopper with it , leaving the chopper in pieces and killing the pilot)
Eryx can do it too
fgsfds
+0|6260

[Fin]Dami3n wrote:

RDMC wrote:

- Any bullet from an plane can kill a pilot
- M95 can
- Tank
- AT Rocket
- Tv Guided (Dont ask me how, but somehow I've managed to actually snipe a pilot out of his chopper with it , leaving the chopper in pieces and killing the pilot)
Eryx can do it too
- knife
- mounted mg (USMC afaik)
- Type 88 (pla sniper rifle, 1 bullet)

Almost 2k hours, i've seen some odd things happen in this game.
spuddy1981
+10|6502|england
The other thing is the hit boxes for choppers.

Iv read that there all messed up.  So does any1 know where to shoot to hit the head of the pilot??
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6282
... Just shoot his head if the chopper is stationary.  If the chopper is moving then you have to lead the target and pray.
spuddy1981
+10|6502|england
Still find I can only usually kill them with AT or AA weapons.+ occasionally with M95

Havent killed a heli for ages with out AA

I think iv learn't  its best to hide till another day and re capture the flag/camp

Last edited by spuddy1981 (2007-11-26 15:32:23)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard