Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6683|NT, like Mick Dundee

Need help on where to find System Shock 1 or 2. Both is preferred but I'll be overjoyed just to have one.

Can anybody help? I know it's lazy of me but I don't want to go on EBay/Amazon and pay for something that somebody here can probably find a cheaper/free version of for me...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6727|Charlie One Alpha
You might wanna try www.abandonia.com for system shock 1, since it might be considered abandonware by now... I have no clue where you'd be able to get system shock 2, though. I have a copy lying around here somewhere but I'm not willing to part with that since I love these games.
Good luck mate those games are definately worth the effort!
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
pedigreeuk
I'm English, not British!
+113|6789|Rotherham, England
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Thanks to both of you, karma on the way yeah.

I missed out the first time around but I love the Dues Ex games so a mate's Dad told me to track those two down. (no. 1 in particular... No. 2 was a little "meh" after the brilliance of 1... )
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6727|Charlie One Alpha

Flecco wrote:

I missed out the first time around but I love the Dues Ex games so a mate's Dad told me to track those two down. (no. 1 in particular... No. 2 was a little "meh" after the brilliance of 1... )
Really? I LOVED no. 2. Did I mention you can play it cooperatively?
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

I'm sure I have System Shock 2 on CD somewhere, never got round to playing it, guy I bought my first PC off threw it in for free with some other stuff.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Really? I LOVED no. 2. Did I mention you can play it cooperatively?
I mean Invisible War, not System Shock 2...

Dues Ex: Invisible War... Storyline and gameplay were both watered down, shallow versions of Dues Ex: The Conspiracy...
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6703|United States of America
Damn, I hope I can find my System Shock 2 CD now. I really want to play it again after reading all this. I was a good deal into that game and it was interesting. I started playing when I was somewhat young and screamed my way through that and Ravenholm.
You really should watch me play scary (i.e. stuff popping out and shiznit) games sometimes; it's a bit of silence in a dark room then "AHHHHHHHHHH" *spray smg*!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Got the sound working...

Now I can't get it to run past where you pick which profession to take.

Last edited by Flecco (2007-06-07 05:10:46)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6703|United States of America
Awww yeah! I found my System Shock 2 CD today. It's time to get some old school, futuristic FPS fun now!
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Tried again... Works fine now.

Bloody tense...... Anybody got any tips on what kind of character to build first?
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6713|South Africa
Any ideas why i get an error when i try start a new game?

The error says : "Direct3d device driver does not accurately report texture memory usage,
Contact your 3d accelerator vendor for updated drivers."

I am running an AMD 3800+ x2, 2GB DDR2, Geforce 7900GT... Updated drivers...

I wanna play...

*EDIT :
-Open your System Shock 2 game folder
-Find the file 'user.cfg' and open it in notepad (if user.cfg doesn't exist, create a new file of that name and ensure that its extension is .cfg)
-Enter the following text on a line of its own:

safe_texture_manager
Works like a charm.

*EDIT2 : until it crashes 2 minutes in...

Last edited by Phatso (2007-07-21 11:05:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard