tgust5
+22|6598
does anyone here like playing single player?  i play single player a lot now and its pretty fun.  it can also be good practice for stuff like choppers or jets.
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6203
I do it to mess around.  Sometimes its fun to TK a lot, but I kind of feel bad when I do it to real people.  And like you said, it's a great place to practice with vehicles likes attack choppers and planes.

Last edited by sexecuti0ner (2007-07-20 17:22:31)

Zubakov
+7|6103|Australia, Newcastle
I just teamkill in single player....its fun.....but not when the bots kidnap you
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I once went -298 in single player on Karkand.

I believe we still won. I have a screeny somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Samtheman53.000001
Banned
+30|6100|My mummys tummy
nope its pointless
ApolloRex69
+2|6106|Gardendale, Alabama
I played Battlefield 1942 for five years only on singleplayer! In fact, I had never played BF2 online until just a couple of months ago (when I finally broke down and got a high-speed connection).

Singleplayer is very useful for learning how to drive the vehicles and fly the aircraft well. I also learned to aim and shoot pretty well just from playing singleplayer.

However, the bots never throw out health or ammo packs, they don't lay mines, they don't C4 your tank and bots just aren't very good at driving vehicles, so switching to multiplayer was a big adjustment in a lot of ways. But the biggest thing I'm having to adjust to is that "real" players are much faster at acquiring a target and firing accurately on said target. About 70% of my deaths in multiplayer are when I'm facing another player, we both fire, and I die.

On the other hand, "real" players don't have the "Sixth Sense" that enables the bots to always know where you are, so in some minor ways the bots are actually better than real human players...
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas
All the time.

Mostly screwing around with my personal mod though.

*MadKatter hides his Eryx that fires MK82 bombs

Last edited by MadKatter (2007-07-20 18:49:30)

agent146
+127|6357|Jesus Land aka Canada
only when i use my 'bot changer' and make it 32 versus 32.....but then my comptuer lags....
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas

MadKatter wrote:

All the time.

Mostly screwing around with my personal mod though.

*MadKatter hides his Eryx that fires MK82 bombs
/hijack

Ahem... Speaking of, if anyone wants to help me with ideas about modding, im making an "overpowered" mod... Not overly overpowered, but stuff like a 50m knife, an eryx that shoots bombs, a silenced svd with less recoil, etc.... Trying to make a wrench damage people, and it's tough...

Anyway, if you have good ideas or modding experience, Xfire/MSN me

/endhijack
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6325|West NY

tgust5 wrote:

does anyone here like playing single player?  i play single player a lot now and its pretty fun.  it can also be good practice for stuff like choppers or jets.
Have dial up, or something?
Only reason I'd play is if I couldn't play online or because I got a new, cool, fun mod. Expert bots are pretty good, too. For exp, just incase you can't play online for a while just play w/ expert bots so you don't lose your skillz.

Last edited by Noobpatty (2007-07-20 19:31:37)

Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6389|Florida
Well due to financial reasons I recently had to nix the internet for a few months, so I had nothing but single player. Good thing I had my BFSP64 mod.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6253|Pennsyltucky

tgust5 wrote:

Once and awhile I play for practice with helis etc.

TBH honest though, If I'm too drunk to play against real people I'll play a round or two of SP.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL
piloting practice mostly...

I explored all the maps on my own before going into a live round too, just so i knew where stuff was.

Its also good for sniper practice, since bots dont run in circles when capping a flag.
SkrawnyJ
+1|6111
Pretty much just use it for target practice
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6418|Chicago, IL
change the bot names to something realistic and make a fake pwnage vid...

Ill bet people have tried that one before though

Better yet, change them to the leaderboard guys names for ultimate fake pwnage.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6200|NSW, Australia

yep for me just pilot practice and testing settings
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6460|Gogledd Cymru

S.Lythberg wrote:

I was gonna change them to irc peoples names, i got bored and gave up
Tomeis
+1|6142|Canada
Singleplayer sucks. I lag all the time when playing it. It's like the "There is a problem with your connection" lag in multiplayer, but I get it every 30 seconds. Yes, I know my computer sucks, but multiplayer performs much better than singleplayer, which is pretty dumb.

Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by Tomeis (2007-07-21 07:29:05)

Strngs012
Could I have 10,000 marbles please
+40|6389|Florida

S.Lythberg wrote:

lol, I have a bunch of the bot names changed to people I dislike, upper management at the company I work at, kids that bullied me when I was younger, ect, ect.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6135|California
THE greatest SP Mod for BF@, the WTF_Mod.
for those who haven't played it, ur missing out!
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere

Strngs012 wrote:

Well due to financial reasons I recently had to nix the internet for a few months, so I had nothing but single player. Good thing I had my BFSP64 mod.
I <3 that mod

and i've been playing singleplayer a lot now b/c i don't have an interweb connection fast enough to connect to BF2

But it's good practice for me when bots are on expert b/c it's like playing against a whole team w/aimbots, so it makes you kill people faster, which is always a good thing

i hate bots sometimes though b/c they never go prone like real people, so it's hard to practice pwning people that way as it's so easy to kill someone who's crouched

S.Lythberg wrote:

i changed my names to people i know from school

and i've actually considered doing that fake pwnage video, but i figured that people would figure out that the enemies are bots as they never go prone or anything

Last edited by genius_man16 (2007-07-21 09:58:00)

simmy.uk
+117|6409
Single player is good for doing stuff like tv practising or jet stunts. It's good for things you wouldn't do or not allowed to do on an online server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard