eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6836|Sacramento, Cal
Ok I just watched a segment on nightline about bible toys, which will be sold in 400 Walmarts.  The toys will have buttons that say phrases "Thou shalt not kill" and other stuff like that.  Well I ask does this toy line stand a chance like the G.I. JOEs or Transformers like you and I grew up on?

em~

Last edited by eMarine (2007-07-20 13:39:19)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6549|Kent, UK
omg, lame!
reminds me of the Flanders brothers playing they're crappy boardgames
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP

Buckles wrote:

omg, lame!
Yeah I know, like bible baseball cards or whatnot.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

eMarine wrote:

Buckles wrote:

omg, lame!
Yeah I know, like bible baseball cards or whatnot.
- See boys, isn't learning about religion fun?
- Learning?
- Religion?
- Lets get outta here!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
CommieChipmunk
+488|6562|Portland, OR, USA
another way religion brings in the money for the higher ups....$$$$$
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6387|Evilsville
I will destroy your Optimus Prime with my Jezus dude doll...yeah...wohoo!
/fail
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6650|San Francisco, CA
lol, wow. I think I'm definitely going to have to buy a few.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6650|California
Isn't that a sin....
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
I think it's an effort to reduce crime. Indoctrinate the poor children with the 10 Commandments and they will stop stealing
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Isn't that a sin....
zomg idol worshipping
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North
why is the jesus doll white?
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida
*Shivers*
Ohhhhh it pisses me off....

Giving kids no choice in the matter. Forcing then into the religion lie before they have the capacity to understand theres another option. Thats how it was with me...

What bullshit...
15 more years! 15 more years!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6772|Great Brown North

Mitch wrote:

*Shivers*

Giving kids no choice in the matter. Forcing then into the religion lie before they have the capacity to understand theres another option. Thats how it was with me...

What bullshit...
well hey you turned out ok (kind of) so there's hope still
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6614|Gold coast, Aus.

Mitch wrote:

*Shivers*

What bullshit...
At least we agree on something?
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP

krazed wrote:

why is the jesus doll white?
The main reason is, most Christians will insist he was; so despite the fact; he was born in the middle east or North Africa...

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/eMarine/Other/shotgun_jesus.jpg

Last edited by eMarine (2007-07-20 13:51:39)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Alot of Middle Easterns do look white though. He probably looked Middle Eastern white instead of European White though. (Black Hair etc..)

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-07-20 13:36:47)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6438|The Land of Scott Walker

Mitch wrote:

*Shivers*

What bullshit...
A doll is forced religion?  Does the doll have mindpowers that hypnotize the child into conversion?

Every parent worth their salt that is "religious" would teach their kids about it.  Religious or not, parents are given the task of instilling one value system or another into their children up to the point of adulthood.  Then the children have the choice whether to explore the faith more or choose a different one.  Kids do understand other options, too.  I was fully aware of other religions at age 6, though I certainly did not understand all the details of each one.
dc_involved
+13|6523

DesertFox- wrote:

I think it's an effort to reduce crime. Indoctrinate the poor children with the 10 Commandments and they will stop stealing
lol, don't they sell guns n shit in walmart?

That would be excellent, a moses doll spurting thou shalt not kill next to a gun rack!
dc_involved
+13|6523
I wonder if you can get golden calf dolls and villagers. Then the kids could listen to moses shouting thou shalt not kill before pretending to slaughter the idol worshippers :p

Last edited by dc_involved (2007-07-20 14:05:06)

eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP

dc_involved wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

lol, don't they sell guns n shit in walmart?

That would be excellent, a moses doll spurting thou shalt not kill next to a gun rack!
for sure.
dc_involved
+13|6523

Stingray24 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

*Shivers*

What bullshit...
A doll is forced religion?  Does the doll have mindpowers that hypnotize the child into conversion?

Every parent worth their salt that is "religious" would teach their kids about it.  Religious or not, parents are given the task of instilling one value system or another into their children up to the point of adulthood.  Then the children have the choice whether to explore the faith more or choose a different one.  Kids do understand other options, too.  I was fully aware of other religions at age 6, though I certainly did not understand all the details of each one.
Good point, i was made to say my prayers everynight as a kid. I still made my own mind up when i got older. Despite being agnostic myself i would probably consider making my future children do the same if only for them to verbalise and instill appreciation and recognition of the things they should be thankful for
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
But note: when they said they would put the dolls in walmart, they are testing how well sales will be first.
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6840|Germany
Bible toys... like those ones here?
http://www.thebricktestament.com/index.html
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP

NiMhurchu wrote:

Bible toys... like those ones here?
http://www.thebricktestament.com/index.html
haha no.