David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Fucken sucks! I was just playing a round and i did'nt know wtf was going on. I got killed 3 times in a row even when i fired off the first shot. It's too damn confusing PR is alot better because it's more fun, I swear to god the layout sucks, All kits are limited, Squad Play is not there, And worst of all no medic or ammo giving abilities.(Btw engineers dont do shit!) If anyone else disagrees please dont flame me tell me nicely.

Mod-edit: added game title prefix.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-08 07:01:14)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Sorry but just because you aren't good at the game doesn't mean the game is bad. Ever thought that there are no medic or ammo abilities like in BF2 cause it doesn't happen? If you practice proper firing discipline you don't need ammo resupply anyways. And you can always pick up a gun from a dead guy.

Engineers, at least the USMC one, have a pretty good shotty. The M1014 can rip it up on places like Almaden. I personally found INS to be way better than PR.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
1. Next round i dominated with the m14.(45-10)

2. Well the m249 should atleast have an extra clip because the insurgents have 350 rpk-47 rounds which do more damage.

3. No both shottys suck compared to the other guns.

4. Nope in PR people actually use squad play.

5. The only good thing about insurgency mod is the sniper rifles are better then PR ones.
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

Don't give up after your first try. It gets easier, you know. It's way more realistic than PR as well. PRs graphics suck, INS mods graphics are awesome.

It's way better than PR imo.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

David.Podedworny wrote:

1. Next round i dominated with the m14.(45-10)

2. Well the m249 should atleast have an extra clip because the insurgents have 350 rpk-47 rounds which do more damage.

3. No both shottys suck compared to the other guns.

4. Nope in PR people actually use squad play.

5. The only good thing about insurgency mod is the sniper rifles are better then PR ones.
1. Nice

2. That was a bug, I think it got fixed in the new patch

http://www.insmod.net/downloads

3. M1014 has epic spread (that is to say very good spread) and what do you expect, it's a shotgun! Just click really quickly

4. k

5. yeah the sniper rifles rock, but insurgents need an SVD or SKS rather than an Enfield
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Hurricane wrote:

1. Nice

2. That was a bug, I think it got fixed in the new patch

http://www.insmod.net/downloads

3. M1014 has epic spread (that is to say very good spread) and what do you expect, it's a shotgun! Just click really quickly

4. k

5. yeah the sniper rifles rock, but insurgents need an SVD or SKS rather than an Enfield
1. Yeah it was pretty easy since it's 1 hit kills almost anywhere i did'nt have to aim for the head.(But i did anyway 10 headshots in a row)

2. Damn i did'nt know that. thx for the link.

3. I know the spreads are big but damn sometimes in CQC an assault rifle is better.

4. Glad you agree.

5. True thats one of the reasons why they could'nt counter snipe me.
TokyoJoe
+5|6547
you might not like this at first. it's not like BF2 where you run around in the open and bhop to avoid fire.

you have to use cover and peek around corners, use smoke to cross streets, secure key buildings, know the map, use comms between teammates.

squad play is very possible in this game. one guy in TS goes MG, riflemen assault/secure a position, MG moves up lays down covering/suppressive fire. riflemen continue to push up. rinse and repeat. when pinned down, pop smoke while others are covering your sectors. comms in this game are key.

beautiful, intense and fun mod.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6350|Belfast
look
this thread is a fail
PR and insurgency are both good
PR has good points
ins has good points

at least ins has 3D sights
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

I will respond to your arguments in a well built manner as you requested.

David.P wrote:

Fucken sucks! I was just playing a round and i did'nt know wtf was going on.
Welcome to Iraq private David.P. Thread lightly.

David.P wrote:

I got killed 3 times in a row even when i fired off the first shot.
A bullet is lethal. Cover, run, cover. Smoke. Welcome to real war.

David.P wrote:

It's too damn confusing PR is alot better because it's more fun.
It is quite clear. The sword/shield marks your goal. The double bar (Captains rank) marks your squadleader.

David.P wrote:

I swear to god the layout sucks.
Weapon layout? Or screen layout? Or map layout?

David.P wrote:

All kits are limited.
All kits are perfect as they should be. Please explain your vision on it.

David.P wrote:

Squad Play is not there.
That is depending on the server you are in. Same goes for PR. Some people do not understand the meaning of squadplay.

David.P wrote:

And worst of all no medic or ammo giving abilities.
That could be an issue that should be adressed. The you should be able to share a primary clip with a fellow teammate.

David.P wrote:

(Btw engineers dont do shit!)
The engineer is great for clearing tight spots. The shotgun is brilliant at close range.

David.P wrote:

If anyone else disagrees please dont flame me tell me nicely.
I did!

Ps. David, if you wish, add me on Steam! [email protected] Is my email, Bernadictus my screenname. I would love to tag along and play as a squad.
henno13
+230|6350|Belfast

Bernadictus wrote:

I will respond to your arguments in a well built manner as you requested.

David.P wrote:

Fucken sucks! I was just playing a round and i did'nt know wtf was going on.
Welcome to Iraq private David.P. Thread lightly.

David.P wrote:

I got killed 3 times in a row even when i fired off the first shot.
A bullet is lethal. Cover, run, cover. Smoke. Welcome to real war.

David.P wrote:

It's too damn confusing PR is alot better because it's more fun.
It is quite clear. The sword/shield marks your goal. The double bar (Captains rank) marks your squadleader.

David.P wrote:

I swear to god the layout sucks.
Weapon layout? Or screen layout? Or map layout?

David.P wrote:

All kits are limited.
All kits are perfect as they should be. Please explain your vision on it.

David.P wrote:

Squad Play is not there.
That is depending on the server you are in. Same goes for PR. Some people do not understand the meaning of squadplay.

David.P wrote:

And worst of all no medic or ammo giving abilities.
That could be an issue that should be adressed. The you should be able to share a primary clip with a fellow teammate.

David.P wrote:

(Btw engineers dont do shit!)
The engineer is great for clearing tight spots. The shotgun is brilliant at close range.

David.P wrote:

If anyone else disagrees please dont flame me tell me nicely.
I did!

Ps. David, if you wish, add me on Steam! [email protected] Is my email, Bernadictus my screenname. I would love to tag along and play as a squad.
well said
but:

Bernadictus wrote:

The double bar (Captains rank) marks your squadleader.
it marks you COMMANDER
not SL

PS: can i come too?

Last edited by henno13 (2007-07-19 03:45:21)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

henno13 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

it marks you COMMANDER
not SL

There is no commander, there is however a commanding officer (captain) on your squad that issues orders.
henno13
+230|6350|Belfast

Bernadictus wrote:

henno13 wrote:

Bernadictus wrote:

it marks you COMMANDER
not SL

There is no commander, there is however a commanding officer (captain) on your squad that issues orders.
hm
it says on the squad screen "Commander"
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6533
Contrary to what people are telling you. Quit playing.

The game will be so much better for the rest of us. This isn't a game to people with no patience and a short fuse.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard