DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180
I just saw this and this radio host hit the nail on the head. I don't agree with how the host started his rant, but if you listen to this whole thing, especially when he calms down....he really gets to the point of how regular Muslims do not stand up to the hi-jacking of their religion and how they rarely speak out against the crimes that are committed in the name of Islam.  A cartoon can tick them off, but not the beheading of children?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3af_1184708307
Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6204
Well if they get so pissed off at a cartoon, that shows that they aren't apathetic. Therefore, their failure to stand up against these atrocities probably means they support them.
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6166|California
I don't know what to say, I neither want to say I agree or disagree, i will just remain quiet...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

Well if they get so pissed off at a cartoon, that shows that they aren't apathetic. Therefore, their failure to stand up against these atrocities probably means they support them.
the whole cartoon thing just proved the stereotype that the cartoon observed...

I see jesus and god made fun of on a daily basis, and, not only do i not strap a bomb to myself, I laugh.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
So true, This is why i bash islam and muhammed all the time everywhere. They dont stand up unless you say shit about their belief's.

Stop bullshitting and make a stand against these bastards. Condemn them and disown them! Dont shlelter them. Look at that guy who called osama a coward in that oklahoma mosque. They disowned him! Why because he was standing up?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
I see little more here than thinly-veiled attempts to denigrate Islam.

Last edited by Spark (2007-07-18 18:29:06)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
elstonieo
Oil 4 Euros not $$$
+20|6339|EsSeX
did he just call for the extermination of 1.3 Billion people if that's not sick i dont know what is
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Spark wrote:

Nope he's just owning them hard about being cowards against those who use their religion to kill.

elstonieo wrote:

did he just call for the extermination of 1.3 Billion people if that's not sick i dont know what is
Well their leaders called upon the extermination of 5.2 billion people.

Last edited by David.P (2007-07-18 18:40:45)

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

elstonieo wrote:

Beyond comprehension.

These people are worse than the Nazis.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

Nope he's just owning them hard about being cowards against those who use their religion to kill.

elstonieo wrote:

Well their leaders called upon the extermination of 5.2 billion people.
No, fuckwit.

Where did you get this idea from? If you're trying to justifiy a second holocaust, gtfo.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:

More like...  they don't have the balls to stand up against them.

However, it should be noted that most of the people that freak out over cartoons are extremists themselves.  I'm sure many Muslims were offended by the Mohammed cartoons from Denmark, but only the crazy ones burned buildings over it.

Maybe we can use cartoons as litmus tests of extremism.  It seems logical to assume that someone who reacts violently to a cartoon is likely to be the same kind of extremist that would support killing innocent people.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180

Spark wrote:

I know M3th will make note of what I am about to say, here it goes anyway.

I was married to a Muslim woman and live among family and friends for years who are Muslim and honestly this is the attitude that I saw from the very beginning. Very little is said about the crimes and hi-jacking in the name of Islam. I sometimes see Muslims who live in countries like England, United States..etc. speak out but they feel safe speaking out from that platform. I rarely see any kind of rally or march IN a Muslim country denouncing what is going on around them by radicals.

The people I lived with and around actually never spoke up because there was a fear over their heads...it was quite noticeable. My wife had no problem talking about things here in the U.S...but not back in her home country. There is constant harassment from the radical side against regular Muslims. I also see that they intently watch for the West to put a foot in their collective mouth and jump on the opportunity to criticize the west. It is quite a double standard sometimes but this broadcaster hit it on the head.

Like I said, a few things he could have gone without saying, but the basic premise of what he said is very true. At least from my experience.

Last edited by DeathBecomesYu (2007-07-18 19:02:44)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Spark wrote:

No, fuckwit.

Where did you get this idea from? If you're trying to justifiy a second holocaust, gtfo.
I dont intend to try to justify anything(Even though us humans can justify anything no matter how stupid it is by just using these 3 words in the sentence of justification. God, Peace, They)

I'm just making a counter point if you dont like it then please you Get the Fuck Off/Out(depends which one fits better)

If you are going to be so weak as to defend them and their actions to save your own life, Then you dont deserve anything(Neither Life/Liberty/Nor the Pursuit of happiness granted to all beings on this planet which feel emotion and not just act on instinct) Anyway's back to asshole posting. /Smart and Diligent.

EDIT: This is Dst please stop insulting me as a way to get your point across it never works just gets you an AWM.

Last edited by David.P (2007-07-18 18:57:40)

Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

David.P wrote:

Spark wrote:

No, fuckwit.

I dont intend to try to justify anything(Even though us humans can justify anything no matter how stupid it is by just using these 3 words in the sentence of justification. God, Peace, They)

I'm just making a counter point if you dont like it then please you Get the Fuck Off/Out(depends which one fits better)

If you are going to be so weak as to defend them and their actions to save your own life, Then you dont deserve anything(Neither Life/Liberty/Nor the Pursuit of happiness granted to all beings on this planet which feel emotion and not just act on instinct) Anyway's back to asshole posting. /Smart and Diligent.

EDIT: This is Dst please stop insulting me as a way to get your point across it never works just gets you an AWM.
I will defend anyone I see worth defending.

That includes a whole fifth of the planet.
~ Richard Feynman
blendiys
+8|6529|Belgium

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I just saw this and this radio host hit the nail on the head. I don't agree with how the host started his rant, but if you listen to this whole thing, especially when he calms down....he really gets to the point of how regular Muslims do not stand up to the hi-jacking of their religion and how they rarely speak out against the crimes that are committed in the name of Islam.  A cartoon can tick them off, but not the beheading of children?

Ban that link. Listen the way the commenter talks! This make no sense!
I'm Muslim too, I don't believe that crap; I do respect people, my mother, father and family! Remember guys, Christians beheaded too, it's the part of the human culture. Why this guy don't talk about Ku Klux Clan, and their hate??
Fuck them, fuck them who pretends to fight in the name of god.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

Podedworny wrote:

So true, This is why i bash islam and muhammed all the time everywhere. They dont stand up unless you say shit about their belief's.
Did you ever consider the possibility that things might not be exactly as they are being portrayed by the media?
ƒ³
David.P
Banned
+649|6275

Spark wrote:

I will defend anyone I see worth defending.

That includes a whole fifth of the planet.
Really? Will you protect someone that will kill you later on? Or will you protect someone who killed a relative? I dont intend to protect someone that fucked with me and my family personally.

oug wrote:

Podedworny wrote:

Did you ever consider the possibility that things might not be exactly as they are being portrayed by the media?
Lol! FUCK THE MEDIA! I know this from my own personal experiences with them. If you think i take my cues from the media then you sir(or mam) are a moron.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

Podedworny wrote:

blah blah blah
A wiser man than me thinks I'm wasting my time with you. So.
ƒ³
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180

blendiys wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

Ban that link. Listen the way the commenter talks! This make no sense!
I'm Muslim too, I don't believe that crap; I do respect people, my mother, father and family! Remember guys, Christians beheaded too, it's the part of the human culture. Why this guy don't talk about Ku Klux Clan, and their hate??
Fuck them, fuck them who pretends to fight in the name of god.
This post makes my point. You get mad about something that is about someone expressing his freedom of speech. You want to shut the messenger up and post something about "banning" this link. Have you spoken up against the people who are highjacking your religion? How come I haven't seen a post in here from you condemning radicals for what they have done to your religion.

I am not a Muslim but I have lived and was married into a Muslim family. They of course were good people and were not the radicals that are trashing your religion. Now you are in Belgium, so you feel free to practice your religion the way you want to. But my wife and her family did not feel free to practice their religion they way they wished in her OWN country. They were harassed by radical elements and even forced to stay away from places because they feared reprisal for visiting "western" places.

Yes, this commentator said some things he shouldn't have but you missed the basic message. Real muslims are NOT standing up for their religion. You only hear from them if their religion is questioned...exactly what you did here. If you listened to what he said, he said there are true, peaceful Muslims but what he is also stating is that many people, like yourself, don't say a word against the people who are USING and HI-JACKING your religion and killing in the name of Islam.

This thread was not made to bash the religion, it was made to show that REAL muslims need to stand up and clean house and rally against the real people who are ruining your religion. Get mad at what is happening to your religion, not at a commentator, a cartoon or things of that nature. Get mad at the people who are turning your religion into something people fear, loathe and think negative about even after just hearing the word.

Last edited by DeathBecomesYu (2007-07-18 19:38:54)

David.P
Banned
+649|6275

oug wrote:

Podedworny wrote:

blah blah blah
A wiser man than me thinks I'm wasting my time with you. So.
Wow. That is so childish if you're going to do that then please fuck off. /Ignore

@Death see they dont like being criticized. I love them double standards sometimes. They can call me an Infidel for worshipping a "False Son of God" But yet you cant tell them anything demeaning against their religion. Go ahead keep calling me an Infidel Jew lover! I'll just go on with my business as i do everyday. Until you stop this childish behaviors and calling people who are not part of your group, I will keep insulting your beleif's as you do to mine

EDIT: I love you Jews! I love you Buddhists! I love you Hindus! I love you Atheists! I love you Wicasts!(I think thats how it spelled)I love you Christians of all sects! Protestant,Catholic,Mormon(Even though they consider themselves something else) Etc etc. And to any religions that i missed I love you too! We live in peace because we can make concessions with each other. I wish you all peace and love!

Last edited by David.P (2007-07-18 19:53:00)

Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6345|New York
A true Muslim is one who lives in peace with his fellow man, loves his wife, and raises his children the best he can.
blendiys
+8|6529|Belgium

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

This post makes my point. You get mad about something that is about someone expressing his freedom of speech. You want to shut the messenger up and post something about "banning" this link. Have you spoken up against the people who are highjacking your religion? How come I haven't seen a post in here from you condemning radicals for what they have done to your religion.

This thread was not made to bash the religion, it was made to show that REAL muslims need to stand up and clean house and rally against the real people who are ruining your religion. Get mad at what is happening to your religion, not at a commentator, a cartoon or things of that nature. Get mad at the people who are turning your religion into something people fear, loathe and think negative about even after just hearing the word.
I don't get mad @ my religion, I get mad @ priestess raping children. I hate to kill in name of god but I can't imagine fucking in name of that.
I have no problem with my religion, because I'm not part of that shit I hear I see every day.
And speaking by freedom of speech..............?? C'mon, what you know about it??
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle

elstonieo wrote:

Spark wrote:

good posts.

this talk show host is completely mislead. he thinks that the muslims are commiting violent acts around the world and that they should be ashamed of themselves. In reality, Western nations have been continuously attacking the middle east for much of history, and particularly the last century in the case of Europe, Russia, the United States, and its financial partner, Israel.

This region has been decimated to the extent that some desperate muslims have committed a few insignificant terrorist attacks that consume much of the attention of our mainstream media. The most significant of these attacks would be 9/11 where about 2,800 people died, and then about ~50 attacks occur each year globally, usually killing less than 10 people each (http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ho/pubs/fs/5902.htm).

Since 2003, roughly 70,000 iraqis have died due to US occupation (http://www.iraqbodycount.org/). this doesnt even count the numbers that died in afghanistan or the civilians whose deaths will never be reported. over 100,000 iraqi civilians died when we bombed their water supplies in the first iraq war. Did any of you know that 5 million Vietnamese were killed when we had our "conflict" there? 4 million of them were civilians(wikipedia). (Hitler executed about 6-7 million). To add insult to injury these countries are occupied. The U.S. has never been burdened by a war on its soil, and one simply cannot compare the hardship of a single terrorist attack to life with military occupation. The latter is just so much worse for the people.

Considering the VAST disparity between the amount of QUANTIFIABLE damage done by the U.S. and its "foes," it is obvious that this radio host is completely backwards in his ideas. He claims to have a problem with all Muslims because they don't speak out against terror attacks. Why isn't the radio host speaking out against the U.S. when he knows they kill so many more people and damage so many more critical resources?

Anyway, he was a terrible radio host and you can tell that even he realizes his point of view doesn't make sense. Thats why he cuts off the caller any time he gets even close to bringing up the OBVIOUS opposing point of view. Congratulations to any of you that are bad enough at critical thinking that you bought this shit. He's a racist. Just like Hitler. And so are you. Repent or you will suffer the wrath of your own God.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-07-19 15:52:27)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6763

Marinejuana wrote:

Since 2003, roughly 70,000 iraqis have died to US troops .
Say what?
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle

usmarine2005 wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

Since 2003, roughly 70,000 iraqis have died to US troops .
Say what?
ya that would be like 50 world trade center towers falling in a country that hardly has a sky scraper to begin with. so who is honestly trying to compare the situation of the muslim with that of the american? Do you think you would have time to scold the rare individual that gets violent while u are busy burying your family?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-07-18 20:44:58)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard