fannwong00
+6|6692|Paris, France (Sporean)
Hey all,

I was on "EA UK Jolt.co.uk #4 - City Maps Only" today where I applied for MEC commander, got the job, got auto-resigned, reapplied, got auto-resigned. I disconnect and when I reconnect, I see a guy who's about a few ranks below me arti-ing every 30sec. Btw, the US commander had the 30sec arti too. It was really disruptive.

Next round in Karkand, I am commanding when my arty starts auto-targeting with the 30sec interval, I didn't auto-resign but the same ex-commander was playing in the game.

Anyone has this happening lately? I have been on BF2 for a year and I have NEVER seen this before. Is this a hack that PB cannot detect yet?
-TL-
Srs lurker
+25|6492|Oklahoma City
Yeah, this has been around for a long time. I've never seen it myself, but there are a few old threads around here about it.

Last edited by -TL- (2006-11-24 16:56:45)

LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada
Yes, there are Commander hacks, even in Patch 1.4..

Filmed this about about a week ago, before Patch 1.41..

But don't be quick on the draw and Assume the commander is the hacker.
The hacker can be anyone in the server, he doesn't have to be commander to drop arty and such..

fannwong00

-TL- wrote:

Yeah, this has been around for a long time. I've never seen it myself, but there are a few old threads around here about it.
Thanks TL, read some of the old threads. Man, it REALLY spoils the game for everyone. Both the MEC an US team tried hunting him down but since there were no admins in game at that time, he stuck on for some time.
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6671

-TL- wrote:

Had this happen to me, my squad were the only ones on Karkand not at Hotel.. we were doing stupid shit like trying to cap flags and win.

So anyway, everytime we got to a flag we would get arty drooped on us, every 20-30 secs.  Was extremly fucking annoying.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6594|Iceland
Victim EA cant fucking ''fix'' a hack u brainless shithead, its clientside so they can allways do it.
adv3rsary
+28|6715
seen the 30 sec arty hack.. but not autoresign no
p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6401
lol..sounds like mdk, people "subscribe" to what kinda hacks they want, people pay for custom private hacks, now i saw that a "bfs ultimate hack" was 150.00 per year (meaning they pay for a year, and whenever the hack gets detected by punkbuster they wait for them to make the new undetectable hack, so it goes on for a year til their subscription is up) first of all i dont know what idiot pays 150.00 to cheat on a game using paypal/visa over a website, if i had 150 bucks i'd buy some new hardware, pay some bills, not pay the money to be ~"BETTER"~ at a game, which obviously u arent cuz u gotta cheat, i wish some millionaire came along, went to that cheat website bought the ultimate hack and turned it directly in PB, cuz they cant do their job as fast as these hackstars can, they need some assistance
LT.Victim
+1,175|6562|British Columbia, Canada

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

Victim EA cant fucking ''fix'' a hack u brainless shit head, its client side so they can always do it.
Big Man now, calling people brainless Shit heads. Did someone have a rough day, and you have to take it out on  on the forum? Its alright, go cry to your mom, or maybe EA if they are listening.

Thats not what I meant by "fixing" it.

In 1.4 patch They changed the vehicle drop so that you couldn't drop it on any vehicle, commander asset, building, Runway/helipad and the carrier.

Making it pretty much impossible for Hackers to do this on any other map besides Open Maps with little Buildings and crap..

So I thought they would give up on the whole spamming Car thing... But apparently not..

Maybe I should be more descriptive in the Video so Morons like you don't flame me for everything I do.
But, why should I do this when half the people who watch the movie don't read the credits. How do I know this? because I put all the programs, song names, and all that crap in the credits, and they still ask me what they are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go cut your wrist or something.
Ur-Jack
+4|6377|England
Have seen the effects of this hack in action a few times with the numerous supply and vehicle drops for a month or two.  Yesterday however was the first time I saw it in action when I was actually as commander.  I too got auto-resigned from the position, which I initially thought was just myself accidentally clicking on the button so I then re-applied.  The vehicle drop command started spamming like mad so I then realised what was going on.  I resigned myself in fear of getting the blame and joined a regular squad.  Seems this hack is capable of a lot of stuff if it is able to remove active commanders without mutinying.  Makes you wonder how much rcon power it is able to takeover if indeed any.
0akleaves
+183|6613|Newcastle UK
Its allways wake too.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6623|EU

Today I was commanding US and before I could send supplies to my team, they already were there. On map was that little icon etc. Supplies on my screen were still reloading when there went another supply crate... Someone just could call supplies by his own. And, no, those werent supplies of enemy commander.
I saw that before only on utube, now I "felt" that on server too.
samfink
+31|6555
so it can keep the actual commander powerless too. about the only way of telling who is hacking is to kick every player one by one and get them to re-join until finally the cars stop dropping until someone re-joins. then ban that person. and if everyone has rotated except the admin.......... well,it's either two or more hackers or the admin is the hacker.
fannwong00
hopefully the hacks will lessen over time when those guys shift over to 2142. it's already bad enough with TK-ers and redtag bugs. i didn't see any comm hacks today in Jolt. there was tk-er teabagger though. :-)
Flyboy63
+8|6704|South Australia
I got this email reply a few days ago after reporting the arty hack:

"EA has been made aware of the issue.  A patch is in the works, and hopefully this will be addressed in that patch.

Thanks for the heads up".

Glenn Courington
Research and Support
Even Balance, Inc.
[email protected]
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6550|CH/BR - in UK

TheMackumSlayer wrote:

Its allways wake too.
I guess that's why I haven't seen it...
I play SF more than Vanilla, and if I play Vanilla, I play Karkand and Gulf of Oman ^^
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6439|canada
when i was playing mashtuur i placed a vehicle drop and a a couple hundred cars dropped, i dont know why it happened i dot have hax, i was lagging real bad before i was commander to, sometimes when i throw a nade it lags as im about to throw and i end up throwing 2, maybe its the same thing as what you guys have seen?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

Someone got a vid of the arty hack?
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA
That nade thing happens to me too every once in awhile & it's always when I'm lagging so I assume it happens to everyone. The car/ammo thing is definitely a hack though & not just a little glitch, I've seen it on Wake twice.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6463|meh-land
there are two ways to get a mass car drop, if the commander is lagging he can get a glitch that drops a ton of cars.  Usually its a hack though
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6770|Canada, Ont
That Cartillery Thing with 100's of Cars kinda just Happens sometimes, It could be forced with a Hack but it has happened to me while I was Commanding and I never hack. It didn't happen while I dropped it, it happened at the end of the round, I have a screenshot somewhere in this forum.

It hasn't happened in 1.41 for me yet.
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6752|Estonia
i had this kind of hacker in my server few days ago, while i was commander it autoresigned many times in middle round, most annoying thing was that idiot hacker did it on purpose, it was clear winning round for my team(mecsf) about 60 points before double up at end, about 10 tickets left on seals team autoresign started again, like twice got my commander status back but when it was like 1 ticket left then autoresign again and i lost my good score, as i said this scumbag did it on purpose, what a sick fuck

Last edited by KuriVaiM (EST) (2007-07-18 13:56:07)

HSG
+23|6474|British Columbia, Canada
I saw this on a sharqi server about a week ago. By the alley way base.
Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6131
lol yea.. happens all the time in our server.. but we all watch and laugh on ts... then we have a short game of.. "KICK suspected haxors till it stops" haha
McCullough
+7|6838
I saw this happen today when i was playing on Insomnias Mashtur 24/7 server. Our team had no commander but still it rained arty and vehicle drops all over the place, the opposing team had the same issue.  After about 10 kicks it finally stopped though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard