crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6663|Teesside, UK
I have the sudden urge to buy another ps2!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6903433.stm

"Police are trying to trace the owner of 65,400 euros (£44,000) mistakenly sent to a 16-year-old boy who bought a Playstation Two for £95 on eBay.

The cash arrived in a box at the house in Aylsham, Norfolk, with the games console, but minus two games.

Police are holding the money under the Proceeds of Crime Act while the matter is investigated.

An eBay spokesman said the parcel's contents were "somewhat unusual" and it would help police with their inquiries.

The boy's parents, who are not commenting, alerted police when the parcel arrived on 20 March.

Family claim

Magistrates have given Norfolk Police until September to hold on to the money before the case comes up in court again.

But, if the money remains unclaimed the family could potentially apply for it to be returned to them under the Police Property Act.

A police spokesman said: "We have until 22 September before we have to go back to court to apply for a further order if necessary."

A spokesman for eBay said: "We know that eBay is a great place to pick up a bargain, although in this case, we agree that the contents of the parcel were somewhat unusual and we will assist with any inquiries the police may wish to make."
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6577|Mountains of NC

crimson_grunt wrote:

I have the sudden urge to buy another ps2!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6903433.stm

"Police are trying to trace the owner of 65,400 euros (£44,000) mistakenly sent to a 16-year-old boy who bought a Playstation Two for £95 on eBay.

The cash arrived in a box at the house in Aylsham, Norfolk, with the games console, but minus two games.
I wonder if they gave the seller a neg. feedback for the missing games or a postive feedback for the xtra cash
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6456|Boulder, CO
who the hell would tell the poilice that they recieved £44,000 by possible mistake i mean i'd just open a secretive bank acount somewhere ( i want to say switzerland but i don't know if they've changed there laws) and keep it untill i may need it. OR build a great pc for about £4000 and keep the rest in that bank account again.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6662|pimelteror.de
maybe because the owner could come to your home and wants his money back? alongside his five russian mafia gorillas?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6653

i need to buy more stuff off ebay, lol
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

buyer wrote:

What's this? £44 000? I think I know what I'm going to do with it!

*Takes money to police*
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6574|UK
sounds like a good old drug pay off gone wrong
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6141|Scotland!
On one hand, I'd want to keep it and spend it, on the other, god knows who's the original owner and what they'd do to you if they found out you'd taken and spent their money
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6767|06-01
EBay ftw!
paper_pigeon
God Status
+26|6235|Mildura, Aus
i just bought stuff on eBay and the prick didn't send the items lol he said he did, but its been like 3 weeks so im guessing he just stole my money, was only $55.00AUS but still. thats alot of beer when i go out
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6674|NT, like Mick Dundee

paper_pigeon wrote:

i just bought stuff on eBay and the prick didn't send the items lol he said he did, but its been like 3 weeks so im guessing he just stole my money, was only $55.00AUS but still. thats alot of beer when i go out
Australia Post = "ALL ABOARD THE FAILBOAT!"
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Crypto_420
+25|6852|Portland
i would buy 90,000 junior bacon cheese burgers from wendys
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6141|Carnoustie, Scotland

I'm Jamesey wrote:

On one hand, I'd want to keep it and spend it, on the other, god knows who's the original owner and what they'd do to you if they found out you'd taken and spent their money
Seconded.
golgoj4
+51|6783|North Hollywood

Funky_Finny wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Seconded.
what he said. that has 'bad ending' written all over it. Especially with a paper trail like that!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6586|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Stupid fucking people...Hey i just found a big bunch of money in the order i placed...must be an error. *dial 911* Hello there! I would like to tell you that i received my parcel with my brand new ps2 today and an extra bunch of cash..can you please send some 1 to get the cash ASAP!

People stupidity break new bound each day.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6535|Milkystania, yurop
SHIT that was my money i got from eeeeh.....Miguel for eeeh......flowers or sumthin...i want it back
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6630|London, England
Idiots.

The lot.

The seller, the buyer.

God damn
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6630|Gold coast, Aus.
protips:

1: receive money
2: buy lots of shit
3: when questioned by real owner say you never received said money
4: ???
6: Profit!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6749
You would have it would have been cheaper to use Bubble wrap than Euro's for packaging.
Dragonclaw
+186|6314|Florida
Why the fuck did they give the money to the police? Dumbasses.
Dersmikner
+147|6507|Texas
That kid is worse than the dumbass who turned in his hot teacher for screwing him. Jesus, what has happened to kids?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard