Longbow
+163|6635|Odessa, Ukraine

Noobpatty wrote:

How the hell do you run out of ammo? Are you reloading after every kill or what? I think 5 magazines is enough to use before you reach someone as support class. Plus, ak-101 is so accurate you only need a few shots. You have to be spraying or wasting ammo.
Or killing 20 ppl in a row maybe ? Come on , it is easy ... noobs are still around , I'm often run out of ammo but noobs use support a lot ,so never mind... I take their kit and ressuply myself ... not a big deal ... but still would be better to get 6+1 mags instead of 4+1 ... and more GL nades ... 10 GL nades - my dream
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6379|Penrith,Nsw, Aus

Noobpatty wrote:

How the hell do you run out of ammo? Are you reloading after every kill or what? I think 5 magazines is enough to use before you reach someone as support class. Plus, ak-101 is so accurate you only need a few shots. You have to be spraying or wasting ammo.
or maybe hes a pr0 and kills 20 guys and doesnt die. or maybe running out of ammo for him is when he runs out of his 4 nades and cant go on.
simmy.uk
+117|6427
You usually need mor shots when in combat with the M1A.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6512|Little blue planet, milky way

Noobpatty wrote:

At least a reply that seems to answer at least PART of the original question.
that said, I can easily understand how you run out of ammo if you fire on burst.... if you hit say.... 40%, and you need 3 bursts to kill armored, that means you have to fire 2.5 times the original 3 bursts = 8-9 bursts to kill a target which in essence is an entire clip ! Even if we take into account that 25% of people will be wounded when you're engaging them ,and that you get 5% heatshots, and 60% of targets are unarmored (yeah RIGHT !) we're still talking about 5-7 bursts pr kill, enough that it will be foolish NOT to reload between each kill. So with only 5 spare clips, that's not a lot of kills. Pray for nearby nadespammers to be willing to get a free ammo point. If you're on a vehicles server, or everyone is playing medic... you're screwed... I have tried to get revived time and again by senseless medics who didn't realize that I was out of ammo which was why I had to pull my pistol to defend them every time they tried to revive me (a shortlived experience for us all, I might add). sux to have a low accuracy. And constant reloading is the cost.

My reply to the original question is this.

First thing to remember is that the ammo loadout was changed in patch.... ahm... I think it was 1.21 or 1.3 to adress some balancing issues, and the accuracy and base deviations were changed for most rifles to futher affect balancing, for instance the P90 would on full auto spread MORE than a shotgun at 5 meters (!!!!) prior to this patch. Not that anyone in their right mind would EVER fire the P90 on full auto anyway.. But you get my point.

Secondly, remember that each consequtive shot fired from your rifle during burst or auto does LESS damage than the shot before it (I believe the actual number is 20%, but I'm not 100% certain). Hence you need 3 bursts to the body of an armored target to kill him (total of 9 shots) with the M16, but "only" 4 shots on single shot (less than half the ammo, but one addtional "hit" is required.
The "other assault rifles" (not counting the unlocks here, just the stock, AK101 and AK47), have lower accuracy, so in theory you need less ammo with the M16 than with other rifles, but they also have higher standard deviations so they miss more EVEN if fired on single shot. I know the AK101 FEELS like it kills you rightaway, but that's actually not the case when looking at accuracy and damagecodes alone.
Because, if you fire the M16 on single shot, you should be able to get more "bang for your buck" so to speak than with the AK101. You just spread it out more than with the other rifles. You trade ammo for accuracy, you get fewer bullets, but higher accuracy. So if you just use it on single shot, you'll win out every time, only downside is that if you go against unarmored targets you need 3 shots, or two bursts, and armored is 3 bursts or 4 shots. In either case you need one additional press of the fire key, so if you have a tendency to mis, you may want to use burst ANYWAY.

The "other rifles" (SCAR-H and L85A2) follow the same pattern, being almost identical to the rest of the rifles. They have no auto option, like the M16, but lower deviation pr shot, also making these rifles preferable to use on single shot like the M16.

But take a good look at the G3. Less clips, smaller clips but higher damage. Same deal, BUT here you trade off ammo for damage, you also dont have the burst function, as one burst should cause about as much damage as a bolt action sniper bullet. Fired on single shot, it's less accurate than the M16, in fact less accurate than ANY assault rifle other than the F2000. It's all about getting max damage pr hit, which is a good trade off if you're either VERY good at hitting people, or very bad (because if you're good you want to kill the most people with the least shots, and if you're bad, you want to do the most damage each time you hit, in the hopes the guy is wounded enough that he will die, I've always assumed this is why so many smurfs play sniper).

I haven't quite figured out how the F2000 figures in in all of this, as this seems to at least fall out of the category. It has higher shot and base deviation and lower damage than ANY of the other rifles. And in fact, the ONLY thing the F2000 has that makes it a viable choice is the zoom (well that and flash bangs with the kit, but that's not the rifles fault).

I hope this help.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6547|Hungary
Its because BF2 is a USA centrical game...why does all maps have USMC ?
Hidden propaganda....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard