+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
Awwwwhahaha pwnd
nonexistentusmc
+26|6453|Queens, NYC
Owwwww.....
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6635|UK
I reckon the thrower is feeling a bit guilty.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6629|London, England
I'm gonna say that I'm less shocked. Because I was expecting the other Javelin.
Scardaddy
+37|6400|UK
Not trying to be funny or anything but isn't that what they are orignaly made for.  Spears are for hitting people with right.  And I'm no expert but that guy who got hit dosen't even look that hurt considering he took a javilin to the back from like 400 yards or whatever.  I would have thought that that thing would go pretty far into you, and he's just like owwwww look at my hang nail or something, wow.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6275|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

Scardaddy wrote:

Not trying to be funny or anything but isn't that what they are orignaly made for.  Spears are for hitting people with right.  And I'm no expert but that guy who got hit dosen't even look that hurt considering he took a javilin to the back from like 400 yards or whatever.  I would have thought that that thing would go pretty far into you, and he's just like owwwww look at my hang nail or something, wow.
Agreed. I'd have thought it would skewer him to the ground.

Do you think they took him off in the ambulance with it still in him? To reduce the bleeding!
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6564|Kent, UK

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Scardaddy wrote:

Agreed. I'd have thought it would skewer him to the ground.

Do you think they took him off in the ambulance with it still in him? To reduce the bleeding!
that'd be hilarious. People at the hospital would be thinking "fuck, that was one hell of a nail bomb!"
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

No.  It would increase bleeding, as it's too big to immobilise.

Knives = bandage, leave in and immobilise.
Javelin = wait for paramedics, preferably immobilise (with large bandage or even a towel).

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-07-18 05:09:48)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6564|Kent, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

what they'd probably do is saw it off a few inches from where it protruded from his back until thy could removie it safely in the theatre
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

Buckles wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

what they'd probably do is saw it off a few inches from where it protruded from his back until thy could removie it safely in the theatre
Now THAT would hurt.

It depends - if it was near vital organs sawing would pull around the point and potentially server arteries/cause ruptures.

Meh - I'm not trained for that scale of weaponry, only small stuff and amputations.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-07-18 05:12:27)

Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6564|Kent, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

Buckles wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Now THAT would hurt.

It depends - if it was near vital organs sawing would pull around the point and potentially server arteries/cause ruptures.
I dunno, they have tose electric saws and jugsaw thingies for cutting shit up, or cutting through doors etc...

any paramedics on here who can comment?? "Is there a doctor in the house!"
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6398

Buckles wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Now THAT would hurt.

I dunno, they have tose electric saws and jugsaw thingies for cutting shit up, or cutting through doors etc...

No, but I have a first aid degree. XD
Fat lot of good that would be with a javelin.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6564|Kent, UK

some_random_panda wrote:

Buckles wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Now THAT would hurt.

No, but I have a first aid degree. XD
Fat lot of good that would be with a javelin.
ja, i'm first aid trained too. and i used to train cadets in 1st A a bit. but a javelin impaled in your back would be a difficult one to call on whether to pull it out, leave it in or hack it apart and leave the rest for the ER
l41e
+677|6656

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'm gonna say that I'm less shocked. Because I was expecting the other Javelin.
So was I. Guided anti-tank missiles hurt more.

Edit: Or the British AA. Either way.

Last edited by k30dxedle (2007-07-18 06:16:39)

Shakez
+39|6178
Outch. That'd hurt

Lesson of today: Sport is dangerous.
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6420|Belgium
For those of you interested in what the sports caster is saying:
Totally off course, there it goes, and it hits, in the little circle, the Frenchman Salim Sideri (something like that, doesn't sound French to me but anyway :p) who is preparing next to the track for his jump. Sideri is hit in the back and although it looks horrible and serious, according to the latest news from Rome it looks like he will recover without serious injuries
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6552|Sverige (SWE)

Special_Op wrote:

Outch. That'd hurt

Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6389|Oslo, Norway
You know it's not your day when such a thing happens... Man, I feel soory for both of them. Getting a javelin in his back, he's pretty lucky to get through it all with MINOR injuries. And the thrower? What do you think is going trhough his head???
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6666|San Francisco, CA
TSSSSSSSSCHHHH! I cringed, and clenched my teeth when I saw that. D:
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6706

I think that announcer spit in my ear.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea

znozer wrote:

Special_Op wrote:

Outch. That'd hurt

Therefore, You should play computer games
bennisboy
+829|6654|Poundland
I still cringe when I watch it.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
pretty sure that was one of the javelins with the spike on it, but a flat backing... doesnt look like it went in too far.... but it doesnt need to go in far to do alot of damage, it might be stuck in his ribs

lol that guy is sponsored by kinder

dont they make childs toys?

Last edited by krazed (2007-07-20 03:59:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard