Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6682|Espoo, Finland

TerrorDoll wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

WTF? Dolphin diving not possible, it was really part of bf2... Helicopter 7 missiles less! Medic paddles reload without use!?!?!? Omg i play medic a lot and i must say they really made the game to let the n00bs play better. This sucks big time. I haven't really played bf2 a lot after they introduced the SF and now this. Sometimes patches ruin the game....
Dolphin diving was really part of the game? Idiots like you ruin games more then patches ever could. Unless of course we are talking about SOE, which means the idiots are doing the patching, but that's neither here nor there.
Since these trained soldiers aren't really able to do much in this game, dolphin diving made some things possible (I'm not talking about spamming it nad bunnyhopping).

Taking it away completely rather than making it harder to repeat (some time between each timeyou can do it) is not a good idea IMO.
ProDicTeD
+2|6805

Gawwad wrote:

TerrorDoll wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

WTF? Dolphin diving not possible, it was really part of bf2... Helicopter 7 missiles less! Medic paddles reload without use!?!?!? Omg i play medic a lot and i must say they really made the game to let the n00bs play better. This sucks big time. I haven't really played bf2 a lot after they introduced the SF and now this. Sometimes patches ruin the game....
Dolphin diving was really part of the game? Idiots like you ruin games more then patches ever could. Unless of course we are talking about SOE, which means the idiots are doing the patching, but that's neither here nor there.
Since these trained soldiers aren't really able to do much in this game, dolphin diving made some things possible (I'm not talking about spamming it nad bunnyhopping).

Taking it away completely rather than making it harder to repeat (some time between each timeyou can do it) is not a good idea IMO.
thank you for understanding. I don't do dolphin diving a lot, but this was always a way for me to jump into small spaces and therefore getting away from tanks quickly. I wonder how i'm going to do that now? It really is going to be complete rampage now.

btw: Maybe somethings just don't need changing if people whine. It's part of the game that they bought. I hate bunny hopping assault people, but i live with it. What i don't like is when Bf2 adds new things, which i didn't pay for.

Last edited by ProDicTeD (2006-02-01 11:30:06)

Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6710|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

ProDicTeD wrote:

What i don't like is when Bf2 adds new things, which i didn't pay for.
Pray tell, what are these new things that are being added?  Usually, getting new things for free (i.e. not paying for them), is a good thing.

Last edited by Bubba_Bubberson (2006-02-01 11:47:11)

ProDicTeD
+2|6805

Bubba_Bubberson wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

What i don't like is when Bf2 adds new things, which i didn't pay for.
Pray tell, what are these new things that are being added?  Usually, getting new things for free (i.e. not paying for them), is a good thing.
Just compare it to a car. I buy myself a ferrari. I love it, but the car does dissapoint me some times. (Engine doens't want to start). So i go to the garage and complain about it. Nice they listen to my complaints and decide to give me a free service. Only they don't fix the problem and put in a weaker engine. Which takes a lot of fun away.

The same with BF2, I complain about bunnyhopping they try to fix the problem (don't think what they added will really fix the problem) and they take away "the shock paddles reload when used thing"! Takes away a lot of fun and they didn't really fix anything.
Bubba_Bubberson
I crap bigger than you
+0|6710|America!! Fuck Yeah!!!

ProDicTeD wrote:

Just compare it to a car. I buy myself a ferrari. I love it, but the car does dissapoint me some times. (Engine doens't want to start). So i go to the garage and complain about it. Nice they listen to my complaints and decide to give me a free service. Only they don't fix the problem and put in a weaker engine. Which takes a lot of fun away.

The same with BF2, I complain about bunnyhopping they try to fix the problem (don't think what they added will really fix the problem) and they take away "the shock paddles reload when used thing"! Takes away a lot of fun and they didn't really fix anything.
Mmmm. . .  I guess my subtlety did not work.  I was trying to get you to see that they are not 'adding' anything to the game, but are attempting to fix glitches and exploits that, IMHO, should have been caught in beta.  Now, if you agree/disagree with those changes is one thing (I am still trying to follow your arguments, you lost me with the Ferrari metaphor), but we should at least admire EA/DICE for addressing these issues. Or not.
Adonlude
+2|6776
I am mostly happy with the patch as I believe most of these fixes will greatly improve gameplay and realism. The dolphin/bunny stuff was just rediculous to begin with and anyone who actually wants this in a game does not belong here. The arming timer on the GL is extreemly necessary since this is how they work in real life to protect the user. No one should be launching grenades at their feet to get kills.

I am upset that they reduced the blast radius on the GL though, this reduces realism. With little to no blast radius the GL becomes merely a large slow moving bullet, kind of like the rocket launcher when used on infantry.

Last edited by Adonlude (2006-02-01 13:07:51)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard