AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6534
I really appreciate this guide. For a new jet player, it helps a ton. I will be putting this to good use.
TuataraDude
+115|6521|Aotearoa
I've only just recently started to use jets frequently and found this very useful. Thanks man.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
Make a table of contents or something. That's way to sloppy to find anything specific.
SamFisher199
Airwhore
+40|6312|Netherlands
No1s gonna read that, only tip to be good in jets: practise...
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6489
It's kind of funny everyone says this is a long guide, well there is so much to cover.  If you want to get better I suggest you take the 5 minutes out of your life and read vs. the 5 days of being shot down over and over and not knowing why... IMHO.
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6189|Bay Area, CA
Yo MOBB...great guide. I saw this over at one of the other BF2 forums and have been working on integrating your tips into my decision making when I fly. It's really helped me to stay alive and especially when flying the F35.

To everyone,

I've played quite a few rounds with and against MOBB and he's a standout pilot. This guy didn't get those stats just whoring J10's either....his F35 skills are up there with almost any pilot I've seen.

Good stuff, thanks for the post.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6486
If you don't +1 this, then your crazy! Love the guide! I still suck at flying jets, can't see anything and can't aim that machine gun worth crap, but it's fun to practice!
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6489
I didnt think this would get stickied since it just seems like common knowledge if you just step back and look at whats going on in a game, then adapt and overcome
Bidasse_Jason
+5|6741
Nice guide. +1

Do latency compensation and interpolation settings affect your air to air missiles accuracy?

Last edited by Bidasse_Jason (2007-06-08 10:20:36)

aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...

||3rb||MOBB wrote:

I just had a couple of jet tips if anyone was interested
what if he had posted a lot of jet tips?

Last edited by aj0404 (2007-06-08 10:19:57)

yoohoo313131
+1|6690
||3rb||MOBB

Enjoyed the guide. I also have a 19-1 ratio and found some things you were saying spot on. Whenever there is an enemy pilot that Im up against that is good, it takes away from my killing spree. I end up being more careful and looking behind me more. Sometimes if Im up against a good pilot, I can go the entire round without dying, but, I might only get 10 kills for the round. I played a round of Wake as China. Me in a J-10 is pretty unstopable. I was up against a F-35 pilot whos name was something like GomerPyle or Private pyle. I never got shot down that round but it was difficult to stay focused. He was on me alot and where I find 99% of the F-35 pilots are rediculously easy...he was in that 1%. I shot him down a couple of times, but it wasnt without planning...ie...flying higher and finding him first. A good pilot like him can take another good pilot on a J-10 out of their game.

On a side note, I was dissapointed in the way the texas team server treated you. I play there because of ping. I can honestly say from my experience with you that you are not a cheater. Which servers are you likely to be on these days as i also enjoyed the run and gun squads that you had.

http://bf2s.com/player/45534605/
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6349|Iowa...
i like the guide,but can you explain the stratorun a bit more?i mean,how do you avoid stalling and sailing up until you die while maintaining enough speed?from my experience once you reach +650 m up it becomes insanely hard to turn.
||3rb||MOBB
+68|6489
well the strato run is when you go up to around 800 - 850 meters and punch your after burner... you just out run missles chasing you.  This isnt going straight up, I see some pilots do this and I just follow them wait until the flares go bye me and fire... you want to level out at 800 - 850 then just fly at afterburner speed.  you also usually lose the enemy pilot chasing you in the J-10 or whatever jet they are in.  It always works, and is the only way i know to not die every 30 seconds in a F-35.  Keep in mind it is only 100 percent in the F-35.

To answer another question, yes missle acuracy is dependant on your ping... anything under 75 and you should be ok, but youll notice a huge difference if you play in a server where you have under a 30 ping... trust me.
davepenman
+1|6156||-=Scotland=-|
This guide has inspired me to jet whore now, Great guide
bofh999
+1|6597
agree......
why its so late? 1.5 years bevore we could make a smal workook and sell it *g*

come on make the next for bf2142 and we will be getting rich lol
bofh999
+1|6597
PS: to the stratorun. it works also in the su (im a pure bomberpilot) and in emergency fly out of controll in fact you have controll here is the trick

if the jet is stalled and rotate dont worry slow down look at your map if the jet is running out of the map wait until your direction is to the map psh shortly the burner als long your in the right direction
when you see all white and right direct push as max as you can you ll speeup down back to the map
once you rotate on the other direction slow down,.. and so on

if your in the middle of the map you can also just slow down and wait the jet is falling down bu what your altitude
when youre at 800 meters speed up it takes some time to speed up.. if you dot it at 500 or 400 youll be in the crap. if youre in an mig or su you wont get fast enough on speed.

(but it looks funny when you jet crush from 900 meter to 0 without a speed and his back forward lol
wargallion
+5|6473|Sweden

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

this post feels like homework...

IMHO.. planes NEVER won a battle...

they cant cap flags...

So if you think you and your plane won the battle... HAH!!!

It's coz the other team was garbage...

"My Grandmother can fight better than you"

Crom laughs at your airplanes.
Ever played with good pilots? they will win the battle for the team.
Dude u need to see how much a pilot like him does for the team!
U have 56 hours as aviator and telling someone with almost 700 hours in planes and over 80.000 kills planes aint a huge factor?
And yes they might not cap the flags, they will make sure the other team wont cap flags. and they will make the area safe for the ground ppl to cap flags.
The other team was prolly YOUR team.
WarG
Ratzinger
+43|6391|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

wargallion wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

they cant cap flags...

U have 56 hours as aviator and telling someone with almost 700 hours in planes and over 80.000 kills planes aint a huge factor?
And yes they might not cap the flags, they will make sure the other team wont cap flags. and they will make the area safe for the ground ppl to cap flags.
WarG
I'm sure it IS a factor.....but I never seem to see these l33t pilots, all I ever see is tk'ers who want the jet to whore lots of points on armour and infantry, invariably taking out friendlies at the same time.

I would be hard pressed to remember a round where I felt the jet pilots won the battle for us......
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6492|N. Ireland
Tip: Don't do huge blocks of writing. It makes it hard to read and / or enjoy.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6648|Norway

Ratzinger wrote:

wargallion wrote:

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

they cant cap flags...

WarG
I'm sure it IS a factor.....but I never seem to see these l33t pilots, all I ever see is tk'ers who want the jet to whore lots of points on armour and infantry, invariably taking out friendlies at the same time.

I would be hard pressed to remember a round where I felt the jet pilots won the battle for us......
If you ever play a round as usmc on a pla map without being battered by j10s all the time, most of the time you can thank your pilots.
aj0405
+19|6159

Fredrik wrote:

Ratzinger wrote:

wargallion wrote:

WarG

If you ever play a round as usmc on a pla map without being battered by j10s all the time, most of the time you can thank your pilots.
or bad J-10 pilots for actually getting shot down.
Oak1eaves
+1|6129|UK

specops10-4 wrote:

I knew 95% of the stuff on here, but a great guide none the less.
yet you still cant fly.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6739|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France
nah theres just 1 rule :

Dont engage enemy jets but just drob bombs on the infantry non stop
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6141
Good guide, the only part I disagree with is this:
also, set your sensitivity for your jet controls to 10 as well as your yaw and pitch, there should be 3 settings one after the other in the control menu.
AFAIK, if you set your sensitivity way high, it doesn't make your jet turn faster -- it just means you lose some fine control.  So in essence while you're able to make slightly more responsive manoeuvres, you may not be able to 'nudge' the jet so well.  I used to fly with the default sensitivity (I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo which I personally think is a garbage joystick -- crap tracking, poor throttle position etc.) but found it very difficult to make fine adjustments to shoot choppers in the canopy and stuff, but I reduced my sensitivity to 0.2 and now I find it a lot easier.  I'm still a fairly average pilot, but at least I can hit stuff now (particularly in the J-10).

I tried a few things and basically found that if you ramp up the sensitivity it will make your joystick's input curve climbs very quickly (so you have to move it less to get the same result), whereas if you set it lower, the input curve will climb very slowly until it heads towards the threshold (so if you move it slightly, you get an even more slight result).  Regardless of the sensitivity, if you push the stick to the threshold, it should still turn at 100% of the maximum. 

So now I can both make fine adjustments and I can still out-turn mouse & kb pilots.  IMO the joystick's biggest advantage is that it is an analogue device.  If you crank up the sensitivity it reduces this advantage.  I'm sure a lot of people could kick my ass using mouse & kb or a joystick with 1000000 sensitivity (as I'm not a great pilot), but personally I found it doesn't make sense.  Just sayin''''''''''''''''

Oh and that person who said that jets don't win anything is a clown.  Next time you're getting bum-raped by a fighter, a bomber and two choppers (who have free reign over you because your jet pilots are worthless) then please consider that statement.  I bet you could almost win a round solely using air power even if you had no flags -- ticket bleed comes from killing as well as holding flags.

Last edited by Arnie_Ze_Austrian (2007-07-17 08:40:12)

JT_001
+17|6419|Canada
What the hell is the point of being a medic when you're in a jet 1000 feet in the air and going 400mph? 

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard... what good is that going to do?  I'm not going to jump out of my jet just because I saw someone who got shot, just so I can revive them.

And like other people have said, setting your sensitivity to 10 is stupid too as you'll lose your precision control.

Stupid stupid stupid.

Last edited by JT_001 (2007-07-17 08:45:30)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard