peacock33
+0|6693
I have read hundreds of threads thru this forum regarding this subject..Does anybody have any detailed GAME info regarding the new sniper unlock in patch 1.2?
Wargru
+0|6693|Norway
I dont have info about it, but i have a question if anyone wanna answer.
Just wondering if the new sniper will be a bolt action one or semi auto?
(Kind of sic of the bolt action one)

hope u dont mind me putting my question in ur thread peacock33. (kind of silly to make a simular one when u already made one )
bs6749
+3|6770
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … p?loc=euro

Bolt action. Ten round magazine (In real life). My guess is stats such as deviation and anything else will be pretty similar to the M24/M95.
Trel
+70|6703
If I'm interpretating this correctly, the L96A1 is the Euro Force unlock, and it was mentioned that the Sniper and AT kits would have another unlock added with the 1.2 patch, effectively 2 new unlocks for each kit.

Bolt Action > Semi-Auto, so much more accurate, and thats what counts.  If you only take one shot to kill, you don't need semi-auto.

I'd love a 10 round mag, with 5 mags. I hate running out of Rifle ammo.

(The EF unlock will be bolt-action btw)
Good to be back.
SupRspi
+0|6686
I'd understood that there were only one new set of unlocks coming, that the sniper and AT would come out in the patch that came with Euro Forces but not be tied to it.  Can't remember exactly where I read that though....I'll try to look it up.
Wargru
+0|6693|Norway

Trel wrote:

If I'm interpretating this correctly, the L96A1 is the Euro Force unlock, and it was mentioned that the Sniper and AT kits would have another unlock added with the 1.2 patch, effectively 2 new unlocks for each kit.

Bolt Action > Semi-Auto, so much more accurate, and thats what counts.  If you only take one shot to kill, you don't need semi-auto.

I'd love a 10 round mag, with 5 mags. I hate running out of Rifle ammo.

(The EF unlock will be bolt-action btw)
Okay, gues il have a look at it when the patch is here.
Im not a sniper fanatic but its fun!
Trel
+70|6703
To be honest, I am not totally sure either.  I remember seeing a patch note that detailed new sniper and anti-tank unlocks, because they have one less unlock than the other kits, so with the unlocks in the patch each kit would have an even amount.

And then EF would add another unlock for each kit.

<shrug>
Good to be back.
rhodri_d
+-2|6691
im glad theres a new i sniper rifle on the way i fought the m95 was crap not very accurate, the m24 was better. but anyway the L96A1 has been in a couple of games in the past like in the delta force series and it was awesome hopefully it will be the same in bf2.
vjs
+19|6797
Use the search key there was a post referring to page shots of the patch. That's all we know thus far.

The sniper unlock sounded alot like the american vanilla.

Accuracy very high <-- fact and it's a bolt.

As for the damge I believe it won't be as powerful as the 1st sinper unlock. Probably something like 60 so that would be a two shot kill... same as the 1st unlock (2 shots 1 kill). Perhaps the accuracy will be higher or a faster reload but I don't think so.

The AT weapon is a P90...

http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_p90.html

The stated stats ingame are the same as what the normal kits have and the MP7.

I have a feeling it will simply be a slightly reduced fire rate, more damage, but yet inaccurate.

I've fired a P90 it's not that good. But it has it's place and purpose. Besides what king of gun can you carry around with a rocket launcher anyways.

--------------------------

The important thing to rember is all and I mean all of the unlocks are just that "UNLOCKS" not "UPGRADES"

They are generally no better or no worse, just different.

Some people say its better it's better... but depends on your style of play.

Take the AT weapon for example. DAO-12... It rocks I like it but die alot while reloading.

How about the G3, totally under rated weapon. It's really a great gun, but no noob tube. Why do I play assult I want the nood tube. But when I use the G3 in special forces I do well.

What these unlocks give you is a choice in gun for your style of play or map, thats it.

--------------------------

I've used pretty much all of the kits and weapons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard