Paintball65%65% - 124
Airsoft34%34% - 64
Total: 188
joker8baller
+68|6664

HURLEY wrote:

HURLEY wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Yeah. Considering that is a HUGE fps. Most guns that are auto shoot 400 max. Can't imagine anyone with a 800fps m249...

True. But it's really only getting to a better position to shoot, and hopefully not turning around and blindfiring half of the opposite team. A lot of luck when you turn around and spray.... Like grenade tossing on Karkand..

Airsoft takes a lot more skill than that, you have to use military strategy to outmaneuver and capture/kill the entire team. It's not simply of being able to shoot, it's when to shoot, not press the trigger as much as possible. Airsoft utilizes large strategies and if MANY of the people whoever tried went to an ACTUAL skirmish, where people show up for a real airsoft battle than many would change their mind. Most places that host airsoft skirmishes are there with over 200 people on a huge acre lot where there are 10-30 squads and you use radios and everything to communicate. Especially those 3 day events.

Mainly in the US, paintball is popular. Anywhere else in the world, airsoft is a lot more popular. In the asian countries especially, you'd get laughed at for wanting to paintball..

Russia is real big on it and so is Europe in general... that is for airsoft...

If you can use your gun effectively FPS doesn't really matter if your just doing backyard wars.
Ok, your are RETARDED!

What don't you get about the fact that there is Woods ball where they do the same thing as you?

Europe? lollllllll, is that why one of the best guns on the market (sl74-ego) comes from Europe?

Also to your remark earlier, something about teflon hoppers? my hopper is made out of the same thing as your whole gun, so stfu...

250fps limit? what kind of course do you play on? mines 300fps...

Edit: Oh ya, as someone said below, russia has one of the best teams in the world... Russion legeion. Although there team is not completely russian, they all know how to speak it and use it on the field to there advantage.
Hey, i think you missed this post^^, or maybe you realized what a dumb ass you are.

I dont give 2 shits what you perfer... those are good guns, and I really don't know how much airsoft cost, but i can bet that pistol isn't "top quality" like a shocker, DM6 DM7, 06 07 ego (the guns that cost 750-1000) plus thats a fucking pistol, it cost 130 for a pistol in paintball, but they're useless and a waste of money

do you use them  in airsoft? because I'd rather have a gun (if you ran out of ammo, what does that get you, 15 shots?), and I know guns cost more than pistols, so why dont you tell me how much a nice gun cost... (I know its not as much as a paintball gun, but I'd still like to know.)
The pistol does a specific purpose in airsoft. I love my pistol, and it's about on par with the size + gas usage of an airsoft gun. An AEG will cost about $100-400... depending on what you want, upgrades, and how you like it.

I actually use my pistol in the MOUT scenarios, among other things. I love the thing to death, hell, I'm stupid enough to use it in Woodland and get kills with it.

For an average gun, it's anywhere from $100-$400... More if you want to do other stuff with it. Like my SR-15, I'm actually in the process of putting real gun parts onto my airsoft gun, for realism and durability... The average is about $300 for a very nice gun.

A MPEG (Medium Priced Airsoft Gun) can run from $80-140... again depending on who you buy it from. These are also full length rifles and can stand up to the more expensive stuff such as Tokyo Marui... They're an entry-level gun that shoot just as much as the good stuff.

Woodsball is somewhat the same, but it's not as realistic as airsoft, and still involves people randomly spraying instead of using precise and accurate fire. There is no need to change mags, as most players use hoppers that hold 100+ rounds. That and the fact that the paintballs themselves aren't very accurate at farther distances. Once again, it doesn't have as much realism to it, especially when you're shooting something that doesn't even resemble a gun (Rap4 don't...)

Russia is really big on it.Btw, I said tuberware hoppers... Might want to learn to read?

Anyways, Europe, airsoft is very popular, but after your guys weird ban on guns everyone's freakin out. Still in any Asian country, you'd get laughed out by saying paintball... they airsoft.

Over here in America, when I did paintball, the fields limit was 250 fps, and that was the "professional" level, and guns couldn't shot hotter than that.

---

Paintball, the one the majority knows is really all about angles, and how many balls per second you can shoot with your fingers. Speedball is about getting lucky off the break, sliding around, and  wearing bright jersy's while spraying the various bunkers and doritos. Again, all you have to do is get a good angle and just start shooting. Realistic? Kinda, but not everyone suppresses fire...

Woodsball, again, realistic somewhat. Guns don't really look "real", hoppers don't hold 30 rounds, guns... aren't that accurate, and places usually require full face mask.

Airsoft - Most people associate this with the cheap $10-30 springers they get from Walmart and little kids run around with and get shot. That's true for maybe 1% of the population... Airsoft with the big league is basically a full scale war, involving squads as small as 4, to teams as large as 200... Airsoft also has a lot of military bases, that's helped along with the military (I don't know if paintball does this, as I have quit many years ago), as well as a LOT of former military leaders/personnel in it. Remember Blackhawk down? 2 of those guys actually run HUGE airsoft events around the US...

Airsoft interests a lot of former and current military personnel not only because the guns look real, but they're highly effective for training. A friend of mine's team leader has 5 top-of-the line airsoft guns DESIGNED for military and LE training, instead of the simulations that cops use. We have a team out here in California over 30+ strong. Every single save for one is former or current military... and the other guy's a doctor. The real deal with airsoft is real life tactics put in a real life scenario. You gotta take into fact your number of magazines, how much ammo you got left, when to shoot, which way to flank, while commanding squads, and giving orders to multiple guys. From here, you're learning and practing how to switch your magazines in under a second, how to ambush in a military way. You're engaging multiple hostiles and you're running out of ammo, slinging your rifle quickly, drawing out your pistol and shooting the last few of them. You're recreating scenario's from Tears of the Sun and Blackhawk Down, and you're doing it with guns that actually look real, that are accurate, that aren't affected by weather, by doing it without paint all over a forest, house, or warehouse...

The decent paintball guns are nice, but that's not what the majority of the professionals are using hm? The high end stuff for airsoft is like $400-500... more if you decide to put in real steel gun stuff... But in the end it looks more realistic.

Still even if you get a cheap gun.

$300-400 for the gun.
$50 for a tank
$50+ for a decent hopper...

And that's without pods, rigs, or a mask... Then factor in the paint that most fields FORCE you to buy. Cost a group (12-14 guys) $85 per case of paint... and that was discounted.

Skirmishable airsoft gun

$100-140
$50 for a box of 10 mags
$30 for a tactical vest. (Hell you don't even need this)
And you're set to go...

$10 for a bag of bb's...

But really, nice try on bringing up stuff I didn't say, stuff that really had nothing to do with my post, and stuff that really... just isn't true. (Hurley)

Congratulations you have a teflon gun, I'll stick to my gun that has real gun parts on it...

I'll leave ya at this.

What looks more realistic?

https://specialopspaintball.com/shop/prodimages/1000012a.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/joker8baller/DSC00200.jpg

Anyways, RAP4 seems to have come along now...

https://rap4.com/paintball/real_action_marker/rap47_1000.jpg

Still. Effective range of 120 feet, and it shoots 400fps. I don't know where that would be field legal...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/joker8baller/DSC00224.jpg

The AK-74 on the left shoots 387fps, and it shoots 180 feet reliably... That falls easily under field legality for airsoft.

---

https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/ShiroSham/DSC00163.jpg

That's what I shoot ^^

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-16 20:40:19)

agent146
+127|6384|Jesus Land aka Canada
Ya its joker8baller! a fellow airsofter!. ya i just have to recreate the last fight scene of 'tears of the sun' <<<bad ass
joker8baller
+68|6664
lol. We were doing the center peel and retrograde fire during the last skirmish we were at... Our squad of 8 had 4 of our M4's down, and everyone is down to 2 mags. We're surrounded by 20+ dudes, and we're in open field. We got our team to flank and we went forward... So fun...
HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6680|The Lou

joker8baller wrote:

The pistol does a specific purpose in airsoft. I love my pistol, and it's about on par with the size + gas usage of an airsoft gun. An AEG will cost about $100-400... depending on what you want, upgrades, and how you like it.

I actually use my pistol in the MOUT scenarios, among other things. I love the thing to death, hell, I'm stupid enough to use it in Woodland and get kills with it.

For an average gun, it's anywhere from $100-$400... More if you want to do other stuff with it. Like my SR-15, I'm actually in the process of putting real gun parts onto my airsoft gun, for realism and durability... The average is about $300 for a very nice gun.

A MPEG (Medium Priced Airsoft Gun) can run from $80-140... again depending on who you buy it from. These are also full length rifles and can stand up to the more expensive stuff such as Tokyo Marui... They're an entry-level gun that shoot just as much as the good stuff.

Woodsball is somewhat the same, but it's not as realistic as airsoft, and still involves people randomly spraying instead of using precise and accurate fire. There is no need to change mags, as most players use hoppers that hold 100+ rounds. That and the fact that the paintballs themselves aren't very accurate at farther distances. Once again, it doesn't have as much realism to it, especially when you're shooting something that doesn't even resemble a gun (Rap4 don't...)

Russia is really big on it.Btw, I said tuberware hoppers... Might want to learn to read?

Anyways, Europe, airsoft is very popular, but after your guys weird ban on guns everyone's freakin out. Still in any Asian country, you'd get laughed out by saying paintball... they airsoft.

Over here in America, when I did paintball, the fields limit was 250 fps, and that was the "professional" level, and guns couldn't shot hotter than that.

---

Paintball, the one the majority knows is really all about angles, and how many balls per second you can shoot with your fingers. Speedball is about getting lucky off the break, sliding around, and  wearing bright jersy's while spraying the various bunkers and doritos. Again, all you have to do is get a good angle and just start shooting. Realistic? Kinda, but not everyone suppresses fire...

Woodsball, again, realistic somewhat. Guns don't really look "real", hoppers don't hold 30 rounds, guns... aren't that accurate, and places usually require full face mask.

Airsoft - Most people associate this with the cheap $10-30 springers they get from Walmart and little kids run around with and get shot. That's true for maybe 1% of the population... Airsoft with the big league is basically a full scale war, involving squads as small as 4, to teams as large as 200... Airsoft also has a lot of military bases, that's helped along with the military (I don't know if paintball does this, as I have quit many years ago), as well as a LOT of former military leaders/personnel in it. Remember Blackhawk down? 2 of those guys actually run HUGE airsoft events around the US...

Airsoft interests a lot of former and current military personnel not only because the guns look real, but they're highly effective for training. A friend of mine's team leader has 5 top-of-the line airsoft guns DESIGNED for military and LE training, instead of the simulations that cops use. We have a team out here in California over 30+ strong. Every single save for one is former or current military... and the other guy's a doctor. The real deal with airsoft is real life tactics put in a real life scenario. You gotta take into fact your number of magazines, how much ammo you got left, when to shoot, which way to flank, while commanding squads, and giving orders to multiple guys. From here, you're learning and practing how to switch your magazines in under a second, how to ambush in a military way. You're engaging multiple hostiles and you're running out of ammo, slinging your rifle quickly, drawing out your pistol and shooting the last few of them. You're recreating scenario's from Tears of the Sun and Blackhawk Down, and you're doing it with guns that actually look real, that are accurate, that aren't affected by weather, by doing it without paint all over a forest, house, or warehouse...

The decent paintball guns are nice, but that's not what the majority of the professionals are using hm? The high end stuff for airsoft is like $400-500... more if you decide to put in real steel gun stuff... But in the end it looks more realistic.

Still even if you get a cheap gun.

$300-400 for the gun.
$50 for a tank
$50+ for a decent hopper...

And that's without pods, rigs, or a mask... Then factor in the paint that most fields FORCE you to buy. Cost a group (12-14 guys) $85 per case of paint... and that was discounted.

Skirmishable airsoft gun

$100-140
$50 for a box of 10 mags
$30 for a tactical vest. (Hell you don't even need this)
And you're set to go...

$10 for a bag of bb's...

But really, nice try on bringing up stuff I didn't say, stuff that really had nothing to do with my post, and stuff that really... just isn't true. (Hurley)

Congratulations you have a teflon gun, I'll stick to my gun that has real gun parts on it...

I'll leave ya at this.

What looks more realistic?

http://specialopspaintball.com/shop/pro … 00012a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/ … C00200.jpg

Anyways, RAP4 seems to have come along now...

http://rap4.com/paintball/real_action_m … 7_1000.jpg

Still. Effective range of 120 feet, and it shoots 400fps. I don't know where that would be field legal...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/ … C00224.jpg

The AK-74 on the left shoots 387fps, and it shoots 180 feet reliably... That falls easily under field legality for airsoft.
Jezz, you were really doing good until the russia part.

This is my hopper
https://www.pboutfitterz.com/image.php?productid=16191
Does that look like "tuberware" which I think you may mean Tupperware... well its not..

Also I know the "professional" level is 300fps.

Then you just turned into some Assuming monster.

Angels? everyone lolz at angels because everyone that knows nothing about paintball always thinks angels are the best gun available...

Then, you guys always bring in the factor of how yours look more real, tbh... I don't really care what the guns look like, and i like the look of paintball guns the way they are milled. And was that teflon thing supposed to be an insult? lol.

$85 a case? someone should have arrested that man for robbing you blind. I play at 2 fields, one doesn't even require you to buy there paint and the other is $40 for a case of 2000

If a person wants a more realistic gun, then they buy a tippmann a5 for around $200 and put another $100 into making it realistic.

Whats wrong with a full face mask? They have thermal lenses that don't fog... and if you get a flex it weighs practically nothing....
geNius
..!.,
+144|6439|SoCal

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

well, with paintball, you have soo much more fun IMHO and it can be as tatical or as gung-ho as you want to it be.

with airsoft you get cool looking guns but thats about it. the shots dont even hurt when they hit ya.

soooooooooo would u rather play paintball or airsoft?
My airsoft guns hurt plenty.

.|microphage wrote:

well...airsoft is ALOT cheaper than paintballing...but paintballing is more fun because you can see where you hit and it actually hurts when you get hit - even with soft armour on.
I'm not sure whether you're talking about guns you buy at Target or what, but I have a few guns in the thousand dollar range.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
joker8baller
+68|6664
I prefer goggles...

I said tuberware, you thought I said teflon? Yeah...

Actually Hurley... that looks like a futuristic gumball dispenser... I dunno why...

The cheap paint that I used to buy from Walmart was $45 a case... The field has some high end brand that I forgot the name of that's about $80... I've known my friend who owned a DM4 to spend $100+ on a damn case...

I don't like the angels myself, nor do I think they are the best gun. My friend who wanted/almost turned pro was obsessive about em. He owned 4 $600+ guns back in the day...

I can't shoot ugly guns, or things that don't even represent a gun... It's my opinion for that.
---

lol what do you have a frickin WA 2000? 1 of the 2 that are in the US?

I'll go crazy on upgrading my gun to real steel specifications ><

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-16 20:57:26)

Parker
isteal
+1,452|6391|The Gem Saloon
played them both, liked them both.

sported an evolution autococker back in the day.....that thing was a fucking badass.
had a marui SG552 on the chest, a gas M9 on the left thigh and a gas glock 18 on the right thigh.

real guns>airsoft>paintball.
insanchef711
+6|6472|Indiana USA
i have an Orracle autocoker with an egg hopper  i can shoot faster than most airsoft guns about 16balls a second,  i have 200 rounds in a hopper you have what in an airsoft gun 50 if you want accuracy.  i can kill you in under 15 seconds with paintball ( then i need a reload).  There are tactics involved plus a shitload of upgrades to get your gun better such as electronic grips etc. airsoft no electros.       

Paintball = for real men who can take   pain.

Airsoft = for pussies who want to feel like real men (but cant afford a real gun or too lame to join the military to get a real gun) and act like they are tough as shit when thier shots dont hurt.  i used to run a paintball/airsoft store and field.  i have felt both and have  played both.  Paintball def better if you can take the pain, or better yet dont get shot and kill everyone else. then look ma no welts
agent146
+127|6384|Jesus Land aka Canada

insanchef711 wrote:

i have an Orracle autocoker with an egg hopper  i can shoot faster than most airsoft guns about 16balls a second,  i have 200 rounds in a hopper you have what in an airsoft gun 50 if you want accuracy.  i can kill you in under 15 seconds with paintball ( then i need a reload).  There are tactics involved plus a shitload of upgrades to get your gun better such as electronic grips etc. airsoft no electros.       

Airsoft = for pussies who want to feel like real men (but cant afford a real gun or too lame to join the military to get a real gun) and act like they are tough as shit when thier shots dont hurt.  i used to run a paintball/airsoft store and field.  i have felt both and have  played both.  Paintball def better if you can take the pain, or better yet dont get shot and kill everyone else. then look ma no welts
ya man your so going to get flamed......BY ME. as both airsoft / paintball shot, assuming on quality are both good, at 330- 350 fps. as paintball has larger "balls" momentum would allow them to hit harder.
but as i said before: dont' wear long sleave shirt and your going to look like you have chicken pox in an airsoft game. And two: you can't buy automatic weapons and have "fun with your friends" by shooting at them; three: the military is a career its not all about shooting brown people aka "terrorist" you can be a dentist or a pharmachist and be in the military and never have to see a battle in your life; four: there are people i have seen in full military rig as well in paintball and just have that "tough as shit" attitude. its a about fun. to me it boils down to: do you want a "gun" with a "hopper which contains 200 rounds" and a co2 tank to lug about or something that looks like a real steel rifle that uses 30 rounds only- such as in rl?  ya ofcourse insanchef711 you will pwn indeed with that 200 round hopper but just you wait till i get my 2000 round c-mag drum . btw airsoft may not have "electronic grips" but they certainly got alot of realsteel accesories to add on

Last edited by agent146 (2007-07-16 21:18:21)

HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6680|The Lou

joker8baller wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Get your shit straight dude....

joker8baller wrote:

I prefer goggles...

Actually Hurley... that looks like a futuristic gumball dispenser... I dunno why...

The cheap paint that I used to buy from Walmart was $45 a case... The field has some high end brand that I forgot the name of that's about $80... I've known my friend who owned a DM4 to spend $100+ on a damn case...

I don't like the angels myself, nor do I think they are the best gun. My friend who wanted/almost turned pro was obsessive about em. He owned 4 $600+ guns back in the day...

I can't shoot ugly guns, or things that don't even represent a gun... It's my opinion for that.
---

lol what do you have a frickin WA 2000? 1 of the 2 that are in the US?

I'll go crazy on upgrading my gun to real steel specifications ><
Obviously you need to buy the cheap shit since your the one bitching about how it cost to much.

theres no such thing as a case of paint that cost $80 without the people ripping you a new asshole...

marbs= best brand http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INT … D36p6lA_2s

55 dollars, 65 would have been a really good profit for them (yes i know it says $80 is the original price but when it actually says that they cost that much i'll admit that paintball isnt as good as airsoft)

the other best brand is draxxus gold http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INT … FAy%2eVned

$60, if they charged you $80 and just made a 20 dollar profit, hahahahahahahah that was easy money right there... let alone your friend who "supposedly" spent +100 on a damn case of paintballs...

Last edited by HURLEY (2007-07-16 21:54:28)

joker8baller
+68|6664
Ok, so prices went down since 4 years ago. No reason it shouldn't since they should perfect technology...$55 is still a lot more than $10... And I can get 2k bb's for that price.

insanchef711 wrote:

Ok, don't use punctuation, spelling, or grammar. You def. look like you ran a shop and/or field. Trust me, when I light you up with my gun, and you feel BB's going into your skin, it'll be painful, at the field, and at the hospital. There's a REASON why people don't shoot each other within 20 feet.

Tactics involved, ok yeah. Angles.

Upgrades to shoot better? Do we have electronic grips in real life? Is that realistic? Making an M16 shoot 16 times within a second?

HA. 50 rounds if I want accuracy? Does that even make sense? The amount of rounds don't affect accuracy. I carry 30 in my mags, but if I need to I can carry 600 to over a few thousand in a drum mag... You ran an airsoft shop/field. Bullshit.

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-17 08:38:19)

Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6359|Vancouver
It is difficult for me to hide my bias for the sport of paintball, but it is something I do for recreation, which I cannot say for Airsoft. I can speak from my perspective. Obviously, each has become separate in their operation, despite a fairly similar basic manner of customer service. Yes, many have had that desire to pretend to be army men, to act out rather masculine impulses to emulate our action heroes.

However, I personally find that emulation, so profound within Airsoft, undesirable, if not childish. Dressing up in gear and attempting to simulate real life military weapons, likely for the pleasure of having that sensation of acting out every Counterstrike game of our video game lives, is perhaps an excellent motivator for new recruits into your game. That's fine, but I prefer the attitude of paintball. Although I will admit that their is a percentage of amateurs attempting to create a military simulator, most players find it to be a more recreational activity that attempts to prevent that sort of military combat simulation. Most striking of that would be paintball's markers. Particularly, as I can see from this thread, Airsoft players must have perfect copies of actual military weapons. I cannot see that as an advantage.

Simply put, the appearance of the gun does not matter for the reason of simulation. You speak of realism, but is that necessary? You wish to pretend to be a soldier, but that is of little relevance to the matters of entertainment. Largely, it is a replacement for an actual firearm or lack of military service. Paintball refuses to follow that path. It is a game for the office, for the class, for the buddies, for the sports team. I laugh when I see people mock the look of the paintball marker. They are deliberately attempting not to be realistic, for several reasons.

As I cannot try to explain the difficulties of Airsoft, as I have little clue to its operation, I will speak of paintball. It is a difficult sport. It does not simply operate as a way to pour paint out of a marker. There are large amounts of stories of amateurs with excellent markers who were defeated by rental markers used by experienced players. If you can step onto a paintball field and naturally dominate, I congratulate you. You have talent. If you claim that it is a sport with little difficulty, you obviously have not played it.

I have been shot by Airsoft guns before. There is little pain. Even at close range. With no clothes. Honestly, I would love an Airsoft player to explain why some claim it hurts- Different ammo than little plastic BBs that I have been shot with? Paintballs, on the other hand, are painful. Particularly if they bounce. Or hit fingers, heads, crotches, or parts of the legs or arms with tight skin. It can cause bleeding injuries. However, paintball is largely a safe sport, and most pain is temporary; bruises the only lasting effects of most players.
Komdoom
And Lame I know....
+1|6126

specops10-4 wrote:

They are equal, with airsoft, you can have very realistic firefights and generally better tactics.  Most of the GOOD guns can be fitted with real scopes, flashhiders and extra pieces.  Yet paintball is more popular and there is a much bigger risk to getting shot (unless there are high FPS guns, i can tell you it hurts like hell to get shot by a .3 sniper BB in the cheek from 10 yards at 500 FPS!)  It is also easier to pick up because you can rent guns from places to see if you like it.

BTW, the guy who shot me got banned from the place after he shot me.  The max BB size was .25 and FPS was at 450.  I dont know why they didnt know what the specs of his gun were.
Im a semi high level airsofter in denmark, and the guns arnt weak, nor cheap.
cant see why people think that.

lets make a calculation on my setup:

AEG NOT a sniper. (snipers goes around 600fps)

Primary Gun - 450$ (350fps)
Primary Gun upgrade - 100$ (520fps)
Magasines - 5x80$
Optics for gun - 150$
Night optics - 1500$

Pistol - 120$
Pistol upgrade - 300$
Tactical gear - 1000$ (too much to specifie)
ammo, special high polished 0.30g bb's - 20$ for 1000pcs.

Thats a little above 4000$
Who said airsoft was for the poor, and weak and cheap?

I cant see either why this FLAMEWAR between airsofters and paintballers.
They are werry like the same, but airsoft rely more on realisim.
And paintball is about ADREANALIN!!

Wanna see good NOT ceap airsoft equipment go here:
http://www.airsoftzone.dk/community/viewtopic.php?t=170

CUSTUM is the main word in danish airsoft, i spend 20hours a week with tuneing, tweaking and personaliseing my gun, and about 5 hours a week on shooting.

So dont make a flamewar, and dont call paintball or airsoft stupid, its too much the same to say that.

When its too late for airsoft, i go play BF2 its pretty much the same, and yes in airsoft we DO use jeeps too. and we did had 3 tanks once i an skirmish.

Paintballers, cant you get enugh paintball? go play digital paintball, fun ant much like paintball .
Ive also played paintball, i can see both sides of the story.

insanchef711 wrote:

And your 16balls in a sec is NOT much form a airsoft perspective, a normal UNTUNED gun goes about 20 per sec. and a Hichspeed gun can go 40 per sec. THATS HIGHSPEED!
and airsoft dont use 50 shots magasines, a normal magasin contains about 300shots and a serios hicapacty had up to 6000 and a custum can contain more than 10.000 shots! thats a 6 mins spree! not your silly 15sec.

And why does the magasin capacity chance the accuracy?
And airsoft "no electros" you say? it depends, a fullauto gun is driven by a motor, a sniper is usually spring or gas operated.
And no pain in airsoft, tell me that when you have 4 bullets floating around under your skin and you barely can walk because your legs fells like they have been shot off.

Last edited by Komdoom (2007-07-18 01:38:43)

joker8baller
+68|6664
Lol. You got strange mags. I assume you're only using hi-caps.

DrakeF - Next time I'm in Vancouver, I'll hit you up and show you airsoft. Or come down to Cali and I'll show ya ^^

It may be childish for outsiders, but when you consider most of the "real" airsofters are adults, some change their views. It's a different kind of play when you actually get into it, as a different kind of adrenaline hits you. Using real military strategy is what picks up a lot of airsofters, as again. Many former and current military airsoft, not only to keep up with tactics, but because it's fun, and it helps them train.

As I cannot try to explain the difficulties of Airsoft, as I have little clue to its operation, I will speak of paintball. It is a difficult sport. It does not simply operate as a way to pour paint out of a marker. There are large amounts of stories of amateurs with excellent markers who were defeated by rental markers used by experienced players. If you can step onto a paintball field and naturally dominate, I congratulate you. You have talent. If you claim that it is a sport with little difficulty, you obviously have not played it.
I do, and I do find it easy, especially when you have a good team. When I played I played with a few friends who were going professional. Again, it's all about angle and luck. Who you get off on the fast break, as you turn around, what bunker you land up in. And what angle you have on the guy in the other bunker. You move up, and then just slaughter a bunker with paint, and you keep shooting... and shooting... and shooting. Eventually they have to poke out their heads and shoot back or they're gonna get surrounded... Easily. You're playing in a relatively small arena...

The brightness of paintball really does turn me off, but still. I like the good old MOUT scenarios as you break into a house, open doors, not knowing where the enemy is and then getting off that precious shot. We don't replicate Counter Strike, that's just idiotic, we replicate real life scenarios, real wars, Zombie's... (Biohazzard ftw!).

Anyways, when asked about airsoft there are 2 kinds of people. Dumbass kids who run around their house shooting each other with clear springers and without eye protection... and then there are the people who actually airsoft. An interesting study I did on airsofters. The majority of players I have met, are current or former military officers or LE officers. Then comes the doctors (Almost all of the doctors I know, airsoft and hunt.. and shoot real guns), and the minority - kids... Contrary to popular belief.

That and the fact that paintball seems to have died around here... and led to gang wars. The last field closed down because a guy was accused of cheating... He showed up later that night, declaring the owner as racist and had 20+ people with real guns... aimed at the owner. All of the close fields closed down after that.

I recommend you visit an Asian country say Hong Kong or Japan... If you want the average worker, who wants to go out and play it's most prevalent there. On average on each field 100-200 people show up for a single game. EVERYONE knows of airsoft, hell they have their own street set aside for airsoft shops. The weekend is where all of the office workers show up, and then start huge firefights in the mountain.

I don't quite know what kind of airsoft guns you were shot with, but I highly doubt that they were of any "real" type. A.) In Canada you must be 18 to buy an airsoft gun. B.) Airsoft is both legal and illegal in Canada. C.) Any player who would get a high quality gun in Canada must buy through a licensed gun broker. D.) Any player who would buy a high quality gun would belong to AirsoftCanada and know not to bring them out in public.

It's basic physics. My gun shoots 400fps. That's 120 m/s. Which is 268 miles per hour... Now P = F/A... A (.25g * 120 m/s)/.009m is 3333.333Pa...
That and the fact that on average, our engagements are within 50 feet.. At this range the BB can actually break through skin...
Now imagine that, with my sniper rifle. It shoots 550fps with .20 grams, but  I use .36's... It shoots about 490 with .36's. That in itself is 334 miles per hour. Trust me, it hurts. Sometimes, players who go out with bare skin have to get surgery to remove the bb's... That being said, most players merely end up with welts that hurt for a while... Airsoft is an honor sport, which is why the majority of players are adults...

Komdoom - Most airsoft guns shoot 800RPM stock, that's 13 RPS... But good god, they overcharge like HELL. I picked up most of my good guns around 200-300...

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-18 08:54:41)

HURLEY
Ima Crunchatize you.
+170|6680|The Lou

joker8baller wrote:

I do, and I do find it easy, especially when you have a good team. When I played I played with a few friends who were going professional. Again, it's all about angle and luck. Who you get off on the fast break, as you turn around, what bunker you land up in. And what angle you have on the guy in the other bunker. You move up, and then just slaughter a bunker with paint, and you keep shooting... and shooting... and shooting. Eventually they have to poke out their heads and shoot back or they're gonna get surrounded... Easily. You're playing in a relatively small arena...

The brightness of paintball really does turn me off, but still. I like the good old MOUT scenarios as you break into a house, open doors, not knowing where the enemy is and then getting off that precious shot. We don't replicate Counter Strike, that's just idiotic, we replicate real life scenarios, real wars, Zombie's... (Biohazzard ftw!).
Joker, I think you are a very small minded person that believes paintballers only play speedball. Although that is all the pro's play, people do play other scenario games, http://www.oklahomadday.com/files/aboutbunker.htm. Hey, I don't think that airsoft is even a professional sport, it'd be like watching golf (or pro soccer(sorry i had to say it)).... slow... I'd rather watch the 30 second highlights...

Edit: not to mention that other airsofter just said different to about all that you just said... Shooting fast, it's apparently not cheap, and if you have 300 in a mag then its not realistic...

Edit 2:

TheOwnage wrote:

Btw Give Me Karma As A Present Tooo And Dont Ban Me Cuz I Had A Birthday I MATURE WHEN I HIT 11 I GOT AN AIRSOFT GUN TOO
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p1607473

lol.

Last edited by HURLEY (2007-07-18 18:18:25)

joker8baller
+68|6664

HURLEY wrote:

joker8baller wrote:

Joker, I think you are a very small minded person that believes paintballers only play speedball. Although that is all the pro's play, people do play other scenario games, http://www.oklahomadday.com/files/aboutbunker.htm. Hey, I don't think that airsoft is even a professional sport, it'd be like watching golf (or pro soccer(sorry i had to say it)).... slow... I'd rather watch the 30 second highlights...

Edit: not to mention that other airsofter just said different to about all that you just said... Shooting fast, it's apparently not cheap, and if you have 300 in a mag then its not realistic...

Edit 2:

TheOwnage wrote:

Btw Give Me Karma As A Present Tooo And Dont Ban Me Cuz I Had A Birthday I MATURE WHEN I HIT 11 I GOT AN AIRSOFT GUN TOO
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p1607473

lol.
I know, I read Wired. However, it isn't that realistic, combined with the accuracy of paintball guns... It doesn't really come close to being a scenario. It still uses the SAME principle of speedball, which is shooting as much paint as you can at an enemy...  Airsoft isn't a professional sport, and many will say paintball isn't a professional sport. It'd actually be more like watching a war movie.

A high speed setup is frigging dumb. Why would you need to have 40 RPS, when most real guns can't get that kind of firepower. 300 in a mag is for those who either A.) Are too poor to buy more than 1 mag, or B.) A squad support gunner.

Last edited by joker8baller (2007-07-18 19:03:50)

manitobapaintballa
+32|6616
why do people say "paintball is better because it hurts more??" it don't hurt.  if you think it hurts go play with nerf guns.........

ok i'm done

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard