AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200

Dersmikner wrote:

but they aren't willing to kill a bunch of innocent bystanders to spread their version of the "the word".
Google the Lavon Affair
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

The problem is that he would probably put Israel before America so i don't think its a good idea.

Oh wait its already the case and the president is not jewish.. never mind.

Edit: i correct my statment.. serge is jewish and if he was president of the USA, he would NOT put Israel before America..

sergeriver 2008 !
I'm not American citizen and besides I'd never be into politics.  Most politicans suck big time.
Dersmikner
+147|6499|Texas

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

but they aren't willing to kill a bunch of innocent bystanders to spread their version of the "the word".
Google the Lavon Affair
I did. Interesting stuff. Two things that stick out to me: (1) it says nobody was killed, and (2) the guy responsible was held responsible. That seems to be a departure from the way those same people are treated in the Islamic world.

It's terribly sad, and I hate it, but it seems to me that we're basically going to have to say that they want our way of life to end and they want the whole world to be Muslim, and sooner or later, since they aren't about to adopt a universal "live and let live" attitude, we're just going to have to grease them, innocents and others.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Dersmikner wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

Google the Lavon Affair
I did. Interesting stuff. Two things that stick out to me: (1) it says nobody was killed, and (2) the guy responsible was held responsible. That seems to be a departure from the way those same people are treated in the Islamic world.

It's terribly sad, and I hate it, but it seems to me that we're basically going to have to say that they want our way of life to end and they want the whole world to be Muslim, and sooner or later, since they aren't about to adopt a universal "live and let live" attitude, we're just going to have to grease them, innocents and others.
Who are 'they' precisely and how many of 'them' are there?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6200

Dersmikner wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Dersmikner wrote:

Google the Lavon Affair

Only a minority of Islamic fanatic want that. You sound like Hitler, you want to kill an entire people just because a few of them scares you.  Just relax, vote for Ron Paul, get out of the middle east, stop funding Israel, pakistan etc and bring you troops home.. They will forget about you..and you will be safe.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

I wish there was a president - ONE president, who didn't have the feeling that his or her campaign had to include shots at the other presidents. I wish there was a president, for once, who could say what he or she is good at, and make you want to vote for them without putting others down. It's what irritates me the most about commercials in general in the USA. They never just advertise themselves. They do negative advertising for the others.

-konfusion
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

ATG wrote:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20070716/D8QDMK381.html
Old news, and what do you want?  They have 10,000 Palestinian prisoners and they freed 250, wow, I think Olmert should win the Peace Nobel Prize.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

1. Just over 2 percent of the population is Jewish. Not great odds.
2. Why not.
3. Turkey has an Arab population and is an official member of NATO, Israel isn't.
4. Americans support Israel for a variety of different reasons and I do not have the arrogance or capability to speak for "the majority".
5. If they felt they were the right candidate.
6. Ridiculous question. Instead of starting a topic with lofty insinuation's next time apply simple logic. There are five times as many black people in the US (35 Million).
6-I knew someone would come up with the "blacks are about 12% of the population" thing, but is it relevant?  I think your logic doesn't apply at all.  At the end of 2005, about 1 out of every 136 U.S. residents was incarcerated either in prison or jail, about 2.3 million.  Using your logic, there should be about 280,000 blacks.  37% of prisoners are black people, not just 12%, so they are about 850,000 people.  About 10.4 % of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, compared to 2.4 % of Hispanic males and 1.2 % of white males.  Percentages don't mean anything when it comes to minorities. 

Btw, I didn't make a lofty insinuation, I pointed the facts.  If you wanna call that a ridiculous question be my guest, but use real statistics, not just your opinion.  Do blacks represent the 12% of all the members of the federal government?  How many black people are in the current administration?
When you are talking about odds yes it is relevant. It was your OP that decided to bring percentages into the topic. Are we supposed to toss the other percentages out since they do not apply to your suggestion? That is weak. The rest of your post is just kicking up dust to cloud the very simple fact that there are way more blacks than Jews in America, thus increasing the probability of them being involved in anything. Like five to one....

Yes it is lofty and transparent to say the least. It's not like I am the only one who has noticed.

Sergriver wrote:

"Percentages don't mean anything when it comes to minorities.  "
Unless of course it is a Jewish minority.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

1. Just over 2 percent of the population is Jewish. Not great odds.
2. Why not.
3. Turkey has an Arab population and is an official member of NATO, Israel isn't.
4. Americans support Israel for a variety of different reasons and I do not have the arrogance or capability to speak for "the majority".
5. If they felt they were the right candidate.
6. Ridiculous question. Instead of starting a topic with lofty insinuation's next time apply simple logic. There are five times as many black people in the US (35 Million).
6-I knew someone would come up with the "blacks are about 12% of the population" thing, but is it relevant?  I think your logic doesn't apply at all.  At the end of 2005, about 1 out of every 136 U.S. residents was incarcerated either in prison or jail, about 2.3 million.  Using your logic, there should be about 280,000 blacks.  37% of prisoners are black people, not just 12%, so they are about 850,000 people.  About 10.4 % of all black males in the United States between the ages of 25 and 29 were sentenced and in prison by year end, compared to 2.4 % of Hispanic males and 1.2 % of white males.  Percentages don't mean anything when it comes to minorities. 

Btw, I didn't make a lofty insinuation, I pointed the facts.  If you wanna call that a ridiculous question be my guest, but use real statistics, not just your opinion.  Do blacks represent the 12% of all the members of the federal government?  How many black people are in the current administration?
When you are talking about odds yes it is relevant. It was your OP that decided to bring percentages into the topic. Are we supposed to toss the other percentages out since they do not apply to your suggestion? That is weak. The rest of your post is just kicking up dust to cloud the very simple fact that there are way more blacks than Jews in America, thus increasing the probability of them being involved in anything. Like five to one....

Yes it is lofty and transparent to say the least. It's not like I am the only one who has noticed.

Sergriver wrote:

"Percentages don't mean anything when it comes to minorities.  "
Unless of course it is a Jewish minority.
What are you suggesting with unless it is a Jewish minority?  Explain it please, then I'll address your post.  I just want to know what you meant with your statement.

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-07-16 07:48:41)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

It meant it seems only relevant if it applies to your cause. When you say 7 million it seems like a lot, but not really in a country of over 300 million.

You need to understand how statistics work. They are there to show the likelihood. They do not guarantee results (especially criminal).

If you really want to try and implicate discrimination you should look for statistical data that can show us how many Jews have attempted to get elected. Then we can compare the results.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

It meant it seems only relevant if it applies to your cause. When you say 7 million it seems like a lot, but not really in a country of over 300 million.

You need to understand how statistics work. They are there to show the likelihood. They do not guarantee results (especially criminal).

If you really want to try and implicate discrimination you should look for statistical data that can show us how many Jews have attempted to get elected. Then we can compare the results.
You said I talked about percentages in the OP, but I only said there were 7 million Jews in America.  The main question remains unanswered.  Would the Christian majority vote for a Jew?  Why does the US support Israel, but there were few Jewish people in the federal administration in US history?  Does statistics work for black people and prison population?  You didn't addressed that.  Black people represent 12% of the US population and 37% of the US prisons population.  So, we can say statistics are irrelevant. 
I never implied discrimination.  I feel you are too sensitive with this issue.  Defend your arguments better instead of making asumptions or putting words in my mouth.  Feel free to debate whenever you want to back your statements.
san4
The Mas
+311|6690|NYC, a place to live

sergeriver wrote:

...Why does the US support Israel, but there were few Jewish people in the federal administration in US history?...
Maybe because it's the right thing to do and in the US national interest?
topal63
. . .
+533|6720

Kmarion wrote:

That [above] pretty much sums it up - for me [the premise of this thread].
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6759|Argentina

san4 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

...Why does the US support Israel, but there were few Jewish people in the federal administration in US history?...
Maybe because it's the right thing to do and in the US national interest?
It's not the right thing to do, maybe it's the best in the US national interests.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

sergeriver wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

You said I talked about percentages in the OP, but I only said there were 7 million Jews in America.  The main question remains unanswered.  Would the Christian majority vote for a Jew?  Why does the US support Israel, but there were few Jewish people in the federal administration in US history?  Does statistics work for black people and prison population?  You didn't addressed that.  Black people represent 12% of the US population and 37% of the US prisons population.  So, we can say statistics are irrelevant. 
I never implied discrimination.  I feel you are too sensitive with this issue.  Defend your arguments better instead of making asumptions or putting words in my mouth.  Feel free to debate whenever you want to back your statements.
When you decided to post a number like 7 million it seemed you were suggesting that was a large amount. Given the context of your post (No Jews as president) I know where you were headed. Statistics are relevant. If you have a larger pool to chose from your options are greater.
All those questions were answered in my first response. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 5#p1598665 . Americans would elect a Jewish President if he was the best candidate. The media would probably attack him too some degree, but we Americans have learned to live with and accept our diversity. (At least most of us.)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6527|South Florida
Heres the thing. I have a hard time trusting the most important decisions in the hands of a president who believes a magical being with unlimited magic powers created our planet and the universe so that he could be warshipped.

Mhmm... OK...
15 more years! 15 more years!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Cougar wrote:

PleaseSerge.............. Clips Cugar on the ear for giving me thread to clean Edited by badhq
Cougar.

lol
Dersmikner
+147|6499|Texas
If we pulled completely out of the Middle East they'd still be in Spain trying to force burkas down everyone's throat, and in Florida demanding to wear towels on their heads in driver's license pictures, and pretty soon they'd be setting off bombs in God knows where to achieve control of that place.

The Koran (and yes, I have a copy) basically says to spread that shit everywhere and take out anybody who doesn't like it.

They're looking for this to be Planet Muslim, and if you don't like it you're just in the way. Sorry. Is that insensitive to the little girl in Saudi Arabia who is a kid just like yours and mine? Tough shit. Is it heartless to condemn the well-meaning 50% who neither commit acts of terrorism, nor fund them, nor sympathize with them? Rats.

Sadly, the goal of lots, and I mean lots, of Muslims is for all of us to live under Islamic Law, and to avoid that, yes, I'd say kill them all. If that's you, you fucked up not getting a handle on your shit sooner.

Don't elect me to anything. I won't pussyfoot around like Bush does.

Last edited by Dersmikner (2007-07-17 05:54:32)

Cerpin_Taxt
+155|6204

Kmarion wrote:

If people listened to Kmarion, this place would be far more sane.

Cougar wrote:

Enough will Israel/Palestine/Jews/so on and so forth... for the love of Christ man.  I'm pretty sure that the only reason we haven't had a Jewish president is because we don't have a Jewish majority.  Also, I'm pretty sure that any topic having anything to do with Israel/Palestine/Jews/etc, has literally been beaten to death at this point and is merely an characteristic of some obsessive compulsive disorder like fascination you, and all the others have, with this beat up, worn out, dragged in the dirt and run-over-multiple-times-with-a-bulldozer topic.

God, make it stop.
Seriously. I am honestly shocked that it is still going on. I figured "what the hell, I'll see what's going on at BF2s today" and right on cue, I see this thread.

Last edited by Cerpin_Taxt (2007-07-16 18:37:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard