Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
great if it made a difference for him.

I was surprised to see my name at the end though
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6637|Norway
Did you also notice that the video was made for the bf2s community? I wonder... could this thing be posted here before?
r00ts
xD
+81|6531|Netherlands
yeah i think it has been posted before, at least the vid seemed familiar to me
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6637|Norway
Works well with inf too
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6636|I smell corners
has been posted before
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6131
I wouldn't recommend messing with that setting if it works in the same way as Half-Life's interpolation.  Basically, it acts as an artificial buffer -- what you see on the screen is x ms behind the action.  The further behind the action you go, the smoother the game appears to be, but other players will see a more up to date version of the game world meaning you may be shot and killed before you even see the guy who's shooting at you.

In short, tread carefully.  It may work, it may not.  Don't just blindly type it in and expect to get all benefits and no drawbacks.  Very often these settings are a balancing act that make tradeoffs.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6673|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
yay sarge 1.4 and helios helped they are from here lets go on a scavenger hunt and find em
Jamesey
I HATE you
+26|6144|Scotland!

Arnie_Ze_Austrian wrote:

I wouldn't recommend messing with that setting if it works in the same way as Half-Life's interpolation.  Basically, it acts as an artificial buffer -- what you see on the screen is x ms behind the action.  The further behind the action you go, the smoother the game appears to be, but other players will see a more up to date version of the game world meaning you may be shot and killed before you even see the guy who's shooting at you.

In short, tread carefully.  It may work, it may not.  Don't just blindly type it in and expect to get all benefits and no drawbacks.  Very often these settings are a balancing act that make tradeoffs.
It's not really that sensitive, you can have everything set to 9999 or 0 and see little difference.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6485|UK , Birmingham
Tweakerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssss

Zomfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6637|Norway
People bitch a lot with me on servers about me tweaking, and yes i do, and yes my rego is <3 on most servers now. However, it's not that big of an advantage i think, because people kill me a lot easier now too, i get nailed by noobs with mp5s all the time. Tweaking is just fine in my book, as long as you dont try to make yourself more smoky. I know a lot of people do that...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6667|Middle of nowhere
there is no way i'll remember that command
ah well
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6278|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

genius_man16 wrote:

ah well

Two words:

Pencil

AND

Paper.

Last edited by cowami (2007-07-05 15:37:26)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Danorge
+7|6146|Denmark // 69! Az
lol tweak for BF2. thats just worth laughing about. No come on play BF2 Vanilla with no Tweaks imo

Well guess it's your choice but some make it sound like the game is not worth playing without tweaking it.
HSG
+23|6463|British Columbia, Canada
for noobs
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6452|meh-land
Interpolation frame  = how often your computer gets the exact location of key points on all moving objects in the game, in between updates your computer moves the objects
this should be set low, but never below 1/10th your ping, or below 10, which can cause servers to catch teh lagz

extrapolation frame = essentially the same thing as interpolation, but it involves guessing where the model will be, and do NOT set it really below 1000 or you can really kill servers, this is a tough operation to run and having it too low also causes servers to catch teh lagz

mods/bf2/settings/usersettings.con
much easier
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6641|pimelteror.de
that vid was made, when we have read sarges thread about fixing the hitreg.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6512|Little blue planet, milky way
Search for the old post.... You'll notice that after testing everyone agrees, that the exact setting depends on your connection speed to the server, and your TARGETS connection speed to the server.
Basically, if you set it REALLY high (or was it low, I dont remember), and YOU dont lag, and your TARGET dont lag, it's usually good. But of ONE of you lags just a LITTLE, and I'm talking more than 40-50 ms ping, then you'll miss HORRIBLY every time you get into inf battle, where the hitboxes are MUCH smaller (this also includes the MG on the helo).

Last edited by Twist (2007-07-15 16:26:01)

senor_fulff
+25|6748|Yorkshire, UK.

cowami wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

ah well

Two words:

Pencil

AND

Paper.

that's three... lol
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6428|Brisbane, Australia

senor_fulff wrote:

cowami wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

ah well

Two words:

Pencil

AND

Paper.

that's three... lol
nice joke

from what i remember of sarges thread, this is more placebo than anything
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6610|Gold coast, Aus.

Tushers wrote:

yay sarge 1.4 and helios helped they are from here lets go on a scavenger hunt and find em
*points at first post in this thread*

Last edited by gene_pool (2007-07-15 23:19:24)

N1nj4.$haoRaa
+41|6227|israel
rem
rem Settingsfile automatically saved by bf2
rem
SettingsManager.boolSet GSClPunkBuster 1
SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.120000
SettingsManager.boolSet GSExtrapolateFrame 1
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 1000\800
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 120
SettingsManager.U32Set GSPerfLogAtPlayerCount 30
SettingsManager.stringSet GSPlayerName "xxxxxxx"
SettingsManager.boolSet GSShowNetGraph 0
SettingsManager.boolSet GSUseObjectCache 1

i hear this is a killer tweak.. didnt try in thu \:
but i will!!!!!!

Last edited by N1nj4.$haoRaa (2007-07-16 02:27:43)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6452|meh-land
nah....

i know a better one.

in reality it doesn't make that much difference though, some people have naturally awful hitreg *cough* and some people have naturally incredible hitreg and some people are naturally almost impossible to reg on
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6290
Sorry to say, This did not do shit for me along time ago.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6641|pimelteror.de

Blehm98 wrote:

nah....

i know a better one.
so please post it!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard