Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6847
lets just hope we get to scrap everything before we ever have to use it. lets just kill eachother in these games instead.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6558|San Diego, CA, USA
I agree...time to resurrect this program.  If anything the fact that the Chinese blew up a weather satellite with a missile means that we are very vulnerable.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Harmor wrote:

I agree...time to resurrect this program.  If anything the fact that the Chinese blew up a weather satellite with a missile means that we are very vulnerable.
Thanking you for searching.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria
GREAT IDEA!

and people think Russia is being belligerent NOW....

Star Wars is like putting a lion in a cage and throwing rocks at it.
DSRTurtle
+56|6696

K8Kommunist wrote:

kr@cker wrote:

alright, you wait til someone's shooting at you to go to the store to buy a kev vest

the patriots actually had a hard time hitting the scuds because they (the scuds) were so poorly built they couldn't stay on a proper flight path
No, you wait until there's a possibility someone can shoot you before buying the vest.
That's driving down the road everyday.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6300|Éire
What makes the US feel the world should sit back and allow them to develop devastating weapons systems that would enable it to hit anyone they like and yet expect us to be up in arms at the idea that someone like Iran or North Korea would try and develop weapons systems? The US is by far the most unpredictably belligerent power on the world stage at the moment, if you were a little more focused on non aggressive intervention we might all be a little more inclined to trust you.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina

Braddock wrote:

What makes the US feel the world should sit back and allow them to develop devastating weapons systems that would enable it to hit anyone they like and yet expect us to be up in arms at the idea that someone like Iran or North Korea would try and develop weapons systems? The US is by far the most unpredictably belligerent power on the world stage at the moment, if you were a little more focused on non aggressive intervention we might all be a little more inclined to trust you.
Good points... I just like the idea of minding our own business while developing defense systems.  If we stop bothering North Korea and Iran, we'll look less hypocritical when we create our own systems.

As for Russia and Pakistan, I think we rightfully are wary of them.
PureFodder
+225|6295

Turquoise wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Good points... I just like the idea of minding our own business while developing defense systems.  If we stop bothering North Korea and Iran, we'll look less hypocritical when we create our own systems.

Developing an defensive weapons system makes them rightfully wary of the US. MAD isn't a deterrent if only one side will get destroyed, hence the other side will make their own defence system and improve their missiles and it's off to the arms races again.
Turquoise
O Canada

PureFodder wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Developing an defensive weapons system makes them rightfully wary of the US. MAD isn't a deterrent if only one side will get destroyed, hence the other side will make their own defence system and improve their missiles and it's off to the arms races again.
You don't think Russia would decide to create their own defense system regardless of whether or not we do?  They want one just like us.
PureFodder
+225|6295
10   Improve missile defence system
20   Wait for other side to improve missiles
30   GOTO 10
Turquoise
O Canada

PureFodder wrote:

10   Improve missile defence system
20   Wait for other side to improve missiles
30   GOTO 10
Don't get me wrong...  I think the arms race was a colossal waste of money in certain respects.  I think we would have been better off spending about half as much as we did, and then maybe spending the other half on improving our healthcare system.

Still, I think it goes without saying that both the U.S. and Russia will always spend a certain amount on beefing up their defense systems, as they should.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Please refer to Bloom County comics for details on Star Wars programs. I like the ring of dollars around the planet. That's a good idea.
golgoj4
+51|6784|North Hollywood

Capt. Foley wrote:

Yea pretty much, what did you expect from kerry and kennedy and the UN faggots.
Wow, thats just a retarded way to think. But i guess strategy is something that evades you.  They make an EXCELLENT point about escalation. We've already seen it in the form of new ballistic missiles that are specifically designed to defeat our ABM shield. Hence all of the recent hubub between Putin and Bush. And a radar station in Azerbaijan. Lol.

I guess what im saying is before you determine people to be 'faggots' as you so eloquently put it, you may want to actually try and defeat the argument you so whole heartedly dis-agree with.

You and the rocket scientist above you obviously are clueless to weapons development since the dawn of history. New defense is invented, then its overcome or neutralized. If bows and arrows were so damn efficient why do we have stealth planes and ground hugging cruise missiles than can avoid radar?

Think about it...then post.
golgoj4
+51|6784|North Hollywood

Horseman 77 wrote:

Bush talked about renewing and updating our ballistic missile defense and was ridiculed for it by liberal democrats, academia, media and the hollywood elite

(pre 911 of course)

They are never held to task for their gross misjudgment or lack of foresight by the media when events and history prove them wrong ( oh well another thread for that )

Reagan was ridiculed for being a Warmonger when he proposed SDI initially as was his approach to the aggressive moves the USSR had been making through the late 70s. Of course history bore him out and left the people who " thought he was a Cunt" looking rather impotent and weak.

History looks back more kindly on the winners.

Who will remember the losers and champion their ineptness and staggering miscalculations that the USA paid so dearly for ?

A list of posters on BF2 comes quickly to mind.
Still wondering where that ballistic threat is coming from? Any terrorist organization is NOT using an icbm...so thats useless. North Korea? Maybe if they could actually build a nuke. BTW, how would the ballistic missile defense have helped on 9/11?

Regan just had to outspend a system that wasn't designed to keep up. Everyone can say he is the savior of the us, but I don't bite. There is plenty of other shit that went down under his administration that clearly DIDNT help America.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard