cpt._crust
+3|6511
What causes that?

I was playing on Karkand as squad leader.  My team was doing wonderfully, my squad was following my orders, the commander was focusing on me, we were rolling over flags, my K/D was immaculate...  Then, when the enemy had about 70 tickets left (and we had about 200), I got shot, and was promptly switched to the other team.  Autobalance was on, so I couldn't switch back.  I can take a loss, and my K/D was great, so it's not the end of the world, but man is it annoying.  I lost my squad and my winning team for no apparent reason.

Why?  How?  I was once told that if you're in a squad, you have less chance of being switched through autobalance.  Does an admin do that, or is it just random?  Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by cpt._crust (2007-07-14 13:36:52)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
Admin could have switched you.

Or if the teams were actually balanced so there was no direct need for switching than it could have been that you were set to ''Switch to <Insert army here> on next death, so than when you die you get switched even if the teams are fair. 

Last edited by RDMC(2) (2007-07-14 13:39:04)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!
I'm guessing it was an admin, I'm pretty sure a squad leader is one of the last to be teamswitched.

I play as squad leader a lot and I'm never switched normally
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6500|so randum

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I'm guessing it was an admin, I'm pretty sure a squad leader is one of the last to be teamswitched.

I play as squad leader a lot and I'm never switched normally
Hey jamesey, good to see you
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6637|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Yea it really pisses me off, more than anything actually.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6536|Las Vegas
I hear ya Cpt, same thing happens to us all the time, they switch one of us from our squad, when there are plenty of others who are not even in a squad. Basically, it's just lame ass admins, trying to improve their chances for a W. I leave the server, and rejoin the correct side when I can. Screw em.
cpt._crust
+3|6511

Snipingruven wrote:

I hear ya Cpt, same thing happens to us all the time, they switch one of us from our squad, when there are plenty of others who are not even in a squad. Basically, it's just lame ass admins, trying to improve their chances for a W. I leave the server, and rejoin the correct side when I can. Screw em.
Are you sure?  I posted on the server's forums and the admin insists that it was the server that switched me, that autobalance switches the very next person killed, squad leader or no.  Any insight on this?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6272
Back to the 1.0 days,a lousy admin switched me to the other team for no reason while i was flying with a friend of mine
although i didnt die.Mec and US in the same chopper.Skuzzlebutt took the pic,not me
look at the chopper seats lololol(not photoshoped)
/offtopic

https://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5884/looolglitchkw3.png
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6653|pimelteror.de
it happens sometimes, that one team gets owned, so many players leave. if autobalance is on and the other team has far less players, you donĀ“t have to wonder why you have been switched.
and i think it is a good thing to do as an admin, to always take a look on the teambalance. if one side only has pros, the other side will leave soon. and it is better to switch some players manually, instead of having an empty server next round.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

cpt._crust wrote:

Snipingruven wrote:

Are you sure?  I posted on the server's forums and the admin insists that it was the server that switched me, that autobalance switches the very next person killed, squad leader or no.  Any insight on this?
The server I am an admin on will not move any one to the other team if they are part of squad, or commander (automatically, with Autobalance)- you have to move them manually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard