• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • anyone know of a program that streams TV on your computer?
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
I use to have one that played cartoon network and other things, but didn't have discovery channel and other good channels...

Anyone know of a good program that streams discovery and other channels? Tried google, couldnt find a program with discovery channel .
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
http://www.joost.com/

Ask pedigreeuk for an invite
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Discovery channel is bullshit now. Its documentaries are a joke you don't learn anything. The only thing it's good for is Mythbusters.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Barka84
+5|6285|Newcastle UK
or try this site, www.tv-links.co.uk
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
I miss cartoon network on streaming
were you using tvunetworks?

Last edited by =NHB=Shadow (2007-07-13 19:05:23)

MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
ah you know I think I was using that

anyways, does joost have discovery channel? because I searched their site but couldnt find anything
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6566|Toronto-Canada

Ty wrote:

Discovery channel is bullshit now. Its documentaries are a joke you don't learn anything. The only thing it's good for is Mythbusters.
i like Mayday, Mythbusters, hazard pay
daily planet and dirty jobs r shit!
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6567|Michigan, USA

lxcpikiman wrote:

Ty wrote:

i like Mayday, Mythbusters, hazard pay
daily planet and dirty jobs r shit!
Your kidding right?  Dirty Jobs is great, never seen daily planet, Hazard pay however is complete junk, along with the show with the big guy who goes to construction sites or whatever.  Mythbusters is great, the ebst next to Dirty Jobs, but History Channel still owns all others
CommieChipmunk
+488|6540|Portland, OR, USA

Ty wrote:

I know

It's all loose spinoffs of reality TV.

Reality TV will be is the downfall of modern tv....
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
If you are after American TV (ESPN, ABC, FOX etc) then TVUPlayer is the best program I have come across! Well that and a TV site you pay a monthly subscription too, although you get to stream it through Winamp etc which is great.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Buy a TV Tuner Card, and plug your cable into your computer..  Assuming that you already have Cable..
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY
You can also try TVU, http://www.tvunetworks.com/
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

I second leetkyle and dubbs on the TVU thingy. And I second that Discovery is uber crap now. National Geaographic spits out some good documentaries. But they also have way to many of those documentaries about making a documentary. You know when a camera crew is trying to record something in wild life and another camera crew is recording them doing it. And they put all this fake "tension" in it... will they make it or will they fail. And than they argue.. "oh you never listen to me" and crap like that.

But TVU is still a good solution.
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
ah well, the whole discovery channel thing is for my sister, she wants to watch mythbusters/man vs. wild, TVU and joost don't seem to have discovery
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6515|Sverige (SWE)
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • anyone know of a program that streams TV on your computer?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard