biffking1980
+0|6124
I am tired of the way EA has been dealing with the stats issue or any other issue for that matter. They refuse to give you any support whatsoever. The only thing they will say is they are aware of it and are working on it. They say stats are fixed, but they are still not working for alot of people including myself. We started a thread at EA forums with a digg link for unhappy customers. This thread has just magically up and vanished like many others there. If you are upset with the way EA has been treating you or its customers the Digg this! [url]http://digg.com/pc_games/Battlefield_2_stats_system_broken_EA_still_taking_money[/url]
fabiator14
+7|6141|Normandy - France

mr. LuxusLexus wrote:

1) Be sure your system time and date is correct to your geography. You may need to check the time stored on your system CMOS as well as the time in the Microsoft Windows operating system. To adjust the time on your system CMOS please check with your system manufacturer, or owner's manual.
lol I like this one ! this is not EA's fault but your computer fault !!!

everyday they are inventing apologies
EA : challenge everything
tthunderhawk
+0|6139| Sweden Gimo
Written by "gameseany" on easports battlefield forum.  I agree whit him!

99% of these replies are just complaints. Don't get me wrong, I was one of em, and I think its good to vent, but EA is NEVER gonna read it... the most I can see them doing is skimming the posts looking for examples of lost stats.. but at this points they've been given more than enough material... they just don't seem to know whats going on, or they lack competence in the programming to fix it.

The funny thing is, the people that care about these stats are more or less the hardcore players. Lets admit it, if you play this game once or twice a year for a few weeks.. your still a corporal and only have a few basic badges... your not gonna care about stats. Meanwhile, you got your capatain who checks em everyday to see how many points away from Major he is. Well.. I could be wrong, but that captain is probably more into games than that corporal, ergo he will be more likely to be a future customer of EA. So sure they arn't pissing everyone off.. but I guarentee that every month that goes by and this thing still isn't fixed, well they're losing a noticable cut in their next game. I've already reached the point where I refuse to buy another EA game, and I don't consider myself all that much of a a hardcore gamer.. only play bf2 during the summer. At any rate, if all EA cares about is money (and they clearly arn't doing everything to fix this), then lets hit em where it hurts.. don't buy from them anymore!
icecreamgod
+13|6155
so my stats were working again, and now they are frozen again. lovely. could just be my server, but ESF and TA keep good maintenance so i bet its EA.

anyways i agree with the above statement as i pointed that out a near month ago during the initial freeze. anyways good luck to you all and i hope this doesn't stop you from having fun on BF2
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6513|Little blue planet, milky way

tthunderhawk wrote:

Written by "gameseany" on easports battlefield forum.  I agree whit him!

99% of these replies are just complaints. Don't get me wrong, I was one of em, and I think its good to vent, but EA is NEVER gonna read it... the most I can see them doing is skimming the posts looking for examples of lost stats.. but at this points they've been given more than enough material... they just don't seem to know whats going on, or they lack competence in the programming to fix it.

The funny thing is, the people that care about these stats are more or less the hardcore players. Lets admit it, if you play this game once or twice a year for a few weeks.. your still a corporal and only have a few basic badges... your not gonna care about stats. Meanwhile, you got your capatain who checks em everyday to see how many points away from Major he is. Well.. I could be wrong, but that captain is probably more into games than that corporal, ergo he will be more likely to be a future customer of EA. So sure they arn't pissing everyone off.. but I guarentee that every month that goes by and this thing still isn't fixed, well they're losing a noticable cut in their next game. I've already reached the point where I refuse to buy another EA game, and I don't consider myself all that much of a a hardcore gamer.. only play bf2 during the summer. At any rate, if all EA cares about is money (and they clearly arn't doing everything to fix this), then lets hit em where it hurts.. don't buy from them anymore!
Not the first time this opinion has been voiced, and it wont be the last. Unfortunately I cannot agree with it. Yes, EA are greedy pigs who deserve no better than bankrupcy, even BEFORE they released BF2. But I will buy a good game nomatter WHO makes it, simply because I get bored pretty quickly with a lot of games, and while I've now waited 5 weeks for EA to update my stats, there's still ONE thing that's absolutely certain:
I've played this game a LOT, and BF2 is still the one game I've played the most of any game I've ever owned, including such mastodonts as: Civilization, bubble bobble, doom, baldurs gate and defender of the crown.
|3rush|3uGGy
+0|6127
Anyone else still having trouble getting badges? I got Expert assault in SF 2 times now...
revalry
+0|6138
damn man, i have gotten expert sniper and veteran ground defense badges that have never posted.  Man this makes me sick because those are hard to obtain, at least for me.  GET THE DAMN STATS GOING.  its been over a month and zip on my stats.  I know i am up at least 1000 points.  That will give me my next rank.
Crypto_420
+25|6833|Portland
I just told my friend to buy the game and how fun it is.  Well after we played for about 8 hours straight, and hes earned about 800 points nothings happened.  So I figured a typical EA slow update.  So a few days go by and nothing... So we play again this time only about 4 hours, log off and log back in and nothing.  So we wait again.  The next day goes by and still no update.  So far 12 hours into game play and nothing so far.  Then on about day 5 or so, one of the game updated and now its stuck at 38 points.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6640|Keyboard

Crypto_420 wrote:

I just told my friend to buy the game and how fun it is.  Well after we played for about 8 hours straight, and hes earned about 800 points nothings happened.  So I figured a typical EA slow update.  So a few days go by and nothing... So we play again this time only about 4 hours, log off and log back in and nothing.  So we wait again.  The next day goes by and still no update.  So far 12 hours into game play and nothing so far.  Then on about day 5 or so, one of the game updated and now its stuck at 38 points.
You are a bad friend then because you recommended him a faulty game j/k . I also hate this stats outtage but then again, they are just pixels.
::DFC::Nohands[NL]
+1|6212
Stats/points update still sucks big time.....
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6129
HAIL EA!!!! Electronic Asshats
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6129
It seems to update only every FIRST round i play of a server  :S
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6513|Little blue planet, milky way
I get like maybe one round recorded out of every 20-30.... And seeing as I was "only" playing for my next "good conduct medal" for the last 2 months, it's been a drag, because every time I get the medal the round isn't recorded !!!!!!

Well, after about 2½ months of trying, I finally got it this evening... So expect me to take a long break from BF2 untill this crap gets fixed. I had a 6 months break earlier, I can take one again now.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6800|Marathon, Florida Keys
i played today for the first time in a month, i havent played so long my name isnt on the leaderboards lolz. I played about 6 rounds and all 500 points got recorded.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6446|the guy in the hind on gator
wait wasnt this thread closed about a week ago
HSG
+23|6464|British Columbia, Canada
i got to best rounds on wake and midnight sun 2 weeks ago they never added.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6437|Chicago, IL
Has SF started updating medals yet?

or do i have to wait and earn them again?
|3rush|3uGGy
+0|6127
Looks like SF badges are still down, at least for me they are. Stats are up though.....sorta
KillerAFET
+3|6771|Abilene, Texas
Lost many hours and points, some servers are updating tonight but the main infantry only ones I play on are still without a link to the master server.  Finding myself playing less and less because its like working for no pay.  I did get basic bronze badges again meaning that there's a disconnect in the server system since I have at least Silver in all my kit badges.  What a mess...

Last edited by KillerAFET (2007-07-13 22:18:10)

LTC.Thunder
+4|6279|USA

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

wait wasnt this thread closed about a week ago
Apparently not

I just played on my clan server and we got all the pts tonight.

iP:74.53.113.86:16569

Last edited by LTC.Thunder (2007-07-14 00:02:54)

Mexanick
+3|6444|Russia
I noticed what all my time on Highway Tampa from TV2 servers was added to... Dalian Plant time. weird
RaiD
+5|6602|Canada
this game is starting to suck anyhow, allot better games out now or soon to be released ..

ArmA for one ..

EA can go screw them selfs t.y.v.m .. I wont buy another EA product again
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6372|Oslo, Norway

LTC.Thunder wrote:

Apparently not

I just played on my clan server and we got all the pts tonight.

iP:74.53.113.86:16569
From each and every round???

What I've been experiencing only the first round count, and the following don't. Played 2 rounds yesterday and got 3 stabbings (of 4 missing my expert knife) but only one was counted for...

Ain't that a BITCH!!!
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6743|Estonia
The real problem here is that EA is charging Server owners extra for Ranked Status which allows players to accumulate points on there servers.
When this Function is broken, then what are the Server owners paying Extra for?

They are better off renting a unranked server if the stats aren't going to update. Which is a lot less Expensive then renting a ranked server..

When is EA going to do something productive for once and start fixing this problem so that server owners can get what they are paying for.
Chaos_nation
Anarchy in the UK
+6|6174|Wolverhampton
The answer to the stats problem is here somewhere. I reported a couple of servers that showed badges awarded, gave EA the IP and time I was on, my player id and game name and had this is response.

Hi,

You have reached technical support; we have no gameplay information that we can offer to assist you.  Although many of our games are very technical in nature or difficult to play, the issue you are encountering is not with the game. 

You may want to surf the web and check out some of the major video game sites as they usually offer codes and gameplay hints for EA games.  One major resource for Hints and Tips is for Battlefield 2 is http://ubar.bf2s.com/. Also, newsgroups are a good source of information as hardcore gamers often message each other back and forth in these forums.
I did point out that I was sending him information in my ticket and have had a more sensible reply back since (poor guy must be stressed out with all the "my stats wont update" tickets he gets to deal with. Its not a fun job, I have done some support work and you would be surprised at some of the requests we got).  Still nice of him to point me back here for advice etc.

Last update I had was that the information I have submitted had been forwarded to to the techys to try and sort this out. There is a glimmer of hope.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard