Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6138|San Antonio, Texas

Jamesey wrote:

And if he has low charges from healing/reviving 2 people he can't throw down the bag, genius.

about 7 times now a fat idiot moron has tked me in the same situation. Be thankful he even decided to heal you.
It's true. Once you throw too many bags, you'll have to wait for it to recharge a bag and be able to throw it. I usually don't reach that point (except on Karkand ) You're lucky he stayed to heal you.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6395|Earth

182|dunc wrote:

Stop the whining.......Medics are ok guys
Its you support bastards that annoy me
I need ammo
I Need Ammo
I NEED AMMO
Right you bastard i'll get your kit and get some myself before i revive you ,and if the time runs out its tough shit
Yeah, support guys are worse than medics. Whats with the rush of Karkand sniper whores? What happened to all the medic whores? Now it seems like there are only medics who are only medic to heal themselves, support guys who just want the ammo bag for infinite grenades, and 15 snipers standing in the open. I used to only play Karkand and snipe but now I hate it. Now when I play Karkand I play support for: infinite ammo, extra armor, and the best sniper rifle (PKM). Now I just play maps where I can long range snipe. If you don't get hurt you don't have to get pissed that medics won't heal you. It is harder to find ammo on Wake though....so I guess you just can't win.
Signature
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6714|Doncaster, England
I only bag heal when the enemy are close by.
I don't want to get shot because I'm shouting "First aid here"
Panther0071
+5|6212
wow dont you know the 3/4 of the bf2 medics are fucking noobs, and they dont fucken drop medics bags, so next time dont be so suprise if a medic dont even come and rev you, cause there all noob, who dont want a free bee points like healing and reviving.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6470|Somewhere else

Best policy is to give them time for a medbag to replenish for them to throw.

IF someone comes to YOU when youre a medic is respond to "I need a medic"

Is spam the affirmative a few times, maybe type in "hold on"  it takes abotu 1/4 of a second to type and it prevents him form blowing your head off.

Usually, if the player isn't a noob, he does just that.  "Medic!"       "you got it"

problem solved

If I get no response.............TK.  Especially those damn Support. I literally followed some noob across the whole map screaming for meds, then TK them, and got punished followed by a WTF???? 

They don't deserve a proper answer.  I usually tell them to get bent.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6138|San Antonio, Texas

jamesb wrote:

Didn't think of that everytime I dropped them in a quiet enemy-filled area during an "incognito" flag cap.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6429|King Of The Islands

jamesb wrote:

If you see Health Bags appear behind a fence, where are you gonna shoot?
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6668|Middle of nowhere
he might also have learned from Singlplayer, where you have to stand next to bots to heal them

FUCKING annoying
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6675|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
im sorry but this was a usless post, its called wiki
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6461|North of Dallas

Blehm98 wrote:

you get healpoints for throwing the bag down...
I am not saying your wrong, but I haven't found this to be true, or at least the amount of heal point percentage you get from throwing down the bag vs. holding it while healing someone all the way is not even close.  I have played rounds where I throw bags down and get jack for heal points, if I follow people with the bag though, I can rack up 10 or 15 in a longer round without whoring.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6709|Melbourne, Australia
i just tk them grab  there kit drop med packs or ammo packs switch kits and do it again
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6453|meh-land
Or you could play as medic...
mafropetee
+18|6134|Altamonte Springs, FL
first of all: i love killing people with the shock pads. its fun. and they are always like "WTF?!"

now for something related to the topic: ehh. some are n00bs, and some have the recharge excuse. theres really no way to tell. but i do hate it when im surrounded by medics and supports, im low on health and ammo, i start yelling "i need a medic!" or "i need ammo!" and they all just walk away.

or when you die, and a medic comes and stands right over you, and normally you would hear either "clear!" and you come back to life or "recharging!" and you dont. no. he says neither. he just stands there. ive even had idiots dump health packs all over my corpse. pshh. but, ya gotta love em. i never really get angry at a n00b for being a n00b. i just laugh.

ohh, and heres one: you get killed right in the middle of a firefight. theres still bullets whizzing by from the enemy in every which way. all of a sudden, out of nowhere, here comes a medic. they go prone and revive you and go back out of sight. next minute, someone pulls a headshot off on you. you die. same guy comes again out of the blue. and it keeps going on and on. GOD.
XeromeXWarrior
XeromeX = Zero-Sex?
+8|6129
I hate it when i'm on karkand....dies because they dont trow the medic back...then vive me and got killled in 1 sec..because they dont kill the enemy first -.- or when i call for medic when 'dead' and see them running away on the map lol
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6313|Orrstrayleea
Same goes for ammo, the one time im lucky enought to pick up and engineer's kit with an MP7 (as you all know it has bugger-all spare ammo), so i just knifed the support guy after....
"Running dry, need ammo"
"Resuply needed at these co-ordinates"
"Ammunition needed at these co-ordinates"
_
_

You were punished for a teamkill......I DONT CARE, HE DESERVED IT
Drexel
+43|6466|Philadelphia

Ironsteed wrote:

Blehm98 wrote:

you get healpoints for throwing the bag down...
I am not saying your wrong, but I haven't found this to be true, or at least the amount of heal point percentage you get from throwing down the bag vs. holding it while healing someone all the way is not even close.  I have played rounds where I throw bags down and get jack for heal points, if I follow people with the bag though, I can rack up 10 or 15 in a longer round without whoring.
You get a heal point for every 100% of health you give.  If you drop bags it's the same deal.  Two 50% injured guys pick up 2 bags, you get 1 point.  You sit there and heal two 50% injured guys, you still get 1 point.  The only difference is some people are dumb and don't see the 6 bags you drop for them.

And when I'm a medic and someone calls for health, I normally just grab the bag, drop it where I am, and keep moving.  Why stop what I'm doing to run back 30 meters to give him health.  Turn on the bag Icons and you'll see plenty of them on the ground.   I've had a guy follow me for a 70 meter sprint crying for a medic bag, even pistoling me to get my attention.  The only thing is, that entire time I was running, I was spamming health packs.  He must have been blind.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-07-13 08:37:27)

Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6513|Little blue planet, milky way
Ok... To clarify how medic bags (and ammo bags) work, seeing as so many people dont seem to get it:

* You start the game with THREE bags.
* You can "drop" these three, and STILL have one in your hand.
* You can at any given time have FIVE dropped on the ground. when you drop #6, #1 will be gone.
* They RECHARGE at a slow rate. While you have "none" left (but the one in your hand), you CANT drop a bag untill you have "recharged" a bag.
* IF you stand next to a guy who NEEDS the bag, you will heal (or rearm) him if you have the bag out. HOWEVER, if you do this you WONT be recharging !
* An ammo point is given to the ammo guy whenever one of his bags is picked up by a guy who has NOT been re-armed by the same ammo guy in the last 30 sec, and as long as that guy isn't the ammo guy himself.
* An ammo point is given to an ammo guy who has his bag out every time he has re-armed a guy near him with the equivalent of one full ammo load of any type (pistol, main, nades, C4 etc), as long as the guy isn't himself (not sure if increments count here, I haven't bothered to check as ammo points are so easy to get).
* A healing point is given to the medic whenever he has healed the equivalent of one sniper shot (NOT 100% of a health bar, but close to it, I think it's about 95-96%), regardless of in how many "small increments" he has healed someone, and regardless if the healing comes from medic bags thrown or in the medics hand, as long as it's not HIMSELF he's healing.

So to recap: An ammo guy or medic MAY be out of "charges", hence the soundbyte: "I'm out of bandages" and "no more ammo bags" (or however the ammo guys soundbyte is). So NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER TK a medic or ammo guy for not rearming/healing you. Don't do this for TWO reasons:
1) Even if HE's a moron, YOU don't have to be
2) He MAY not have the item you request currently available to him.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6513|Little blue planet, milky way

XeromeXWarrior wrote:

I hate it when i'm on karkand....dies because they dont trow the medic back...then vive me and got killled in 1 sec..because they dont kill the enemy first -.- or when i call for medic when 'dead' and see them running away on the map lol
DUDE.... EITHER you want the medic to come revive you no matter the cost, OR you want him to get to safety and suppres enemy insurgency in or around your locationn before attempting to help you... You CAN'T have "reckless safety".
VaLzbeStoNeD
+17|6126
I play support... Sometimes I'm a bit too much focused on gettin my frags and I don't listen to what my teamm8s shout... Ppl usually shoot me with pistol to get my attention... or... if I'm low on hp... to get a punish!
omAUMauamAAumAamuAMaoAUamAOMaauMAaUMaaUMAuaUAmuMAa

But yeah, some ppl who choose medic/support class, don't really think about helping the team, instead they think about, as some1 alrdy said, infinite health/ammo.

Personally, I rarely shout for medipacks/ammo... if the guy knows whats his role on the battlefield, he helps me anyway.

Oh and also... when u're sniping on the highest roof, don't expect ppl to come there just to heal/refill your ammo rofl.

PS. I'm playing with my RL friend, he's a medic and I'm t3h 1337 support, so we don't need any1 to help us!
TheSkrapper
+7|6188
Another thing to consider.  If both you and the medic are low on health and he runs up to you, holding the bag next to you will heal both of you at the same time.  (This may be why holding the bag seems to give you more points.)  If he threw down his last bag and you took it then he would have to wait, and why would he put you over himself especially when ppl TK medics because they don't understand.

I've also thrown down bags and gotten yelled at because of the circumstances (Even though I didn't see the enemy because the guy yelling didn't bother to spot him.)   Some squad leaders get mad at bags on the ground because it gives away the squads spawn point.

Also ... If we are in a fire fight and it's me and you against 5 and you die in the middle... of course I am going to run out and revive you then disappear back into hiding, if I decide to revive you at all.   I expect you would seek cover also otherwise I risked my neck for nothing.   When you continue to lay there and get killed again don't get mad at the medic because you can't find quick cover.  If he didn't revive you then you would get mad because you were dead and he was sitting behind cover trying to kill people instead of reviving you.

A lot of medics see a teammate die on the other side of a building (because medics know where dead ppl are) and we run around to you.  We have no clue what just happened or if there are enemies still around or not.   If your body is claymored or an enemy is hiding in your corpse or there is a sniper 200m away waiting on us.  Perhaps you both killed each other.   We don't know a lot of the time.   So give us medics a break. 

Keeping your team and yourself alive is a lot harder than just running around shooting at things and then waiting on the medic to show up so you can get 2 kills.

Last edited by TheSkrapper (2007-07-13 13:53:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard