fabiator14
+7|6143|Normandy - France
EA is only talking about the 2 weeks outage but what about the games made after the 25 June?? I've lost a lot of points till this date and nothing come....
did you read something about it?
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I recieved points that were a month old. Relax people.  its EA, results won't come over night.  Read a book,clip your toenails, go out into the sun, things will be o.k. and we'll be back collecting points as usual.. BE PATIENT
I'm all for patience. I wouldn't mind if my stats showed up 3 months from now, but I am getting points now from several days ago, but nothing from the past 3 weeks, which tells me that likely the other points won't show... ever. I don't mind, but I was thinking that - since this isn't the first outage, but certainly the longest - I might prefer paying a small subscription fee if it meant more steady service. Because face it, we can't expect much from free stats! It wasn't the 2 week outage that pisses me. It was when they claimed to have fixed it and then everyone went back to playing and many lost so much more in the following week and a half than during the outage itself.
{73rd_ESF}Killer420
+0|6127
Time to move on form bf2 anyways!
joebattistam
+1|6150
Finally??????????........................The problem is solved or not????????????
m0v3m3nt
+15|6149

joebattistam wrote:

problem is solved or not????????????
Doubt it...
bofh999
+1|6590
sunbscription fees ? for what

really these services dindt cost ea so much. for such a ranking system you dont need such a big server farm or something else
these stats semms to be huge amount of data but for an sql server this is peanuts

ife also an rankingsystem running for a sportcommunity in my country. we also have tournament programms tousand of players with many statistics and hundretausend of game results. and our old database server (shich is really old really slow) sleeps :-)

sorry but there is no reason for paying additional. first we are still betatester (the game is still buggybuggy) we have still only a few maps in the std edition AND the game was sold as only multiplayer with the special offer of that ranking list
and there was no information this rankinglist will stop in 2007

they made millions over millions with this game.
and instead of solving problems with this engine and serverbrowser they deleopt a new browser and solved this problems only to make a new game (with the same engine) so they use bf2 as beta test for bf2142 but we payed so much for that

and now also bf2142 has this stats problems. that a bug joke or the biggtest robbery since microsoft and sun (lol)
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6517|South Florida

k30dxedle wrote:

I'm going to take this opportunity to laugh at the people who got mad and went on massive teamkilling sprees to express their anger about the stats not working.
me too!!! hahaha... they deserve it
15 more years! 15 more years!
{73rd_ESF}Killer420
+0|6127
Like the tks are going to matter anyways...realy man get a clue wake up....EA Not fixing anything been over 40days now...Move on bf2 dead.....
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6832|Pittsburgh, PA, USA

bofh999 wrote:

sunbscription fees ? for what

really these services dindt cost ea so much. for such a ranking system you dont need such a big server farm or something else
these stats semms to be huge amount of data but for an sql server this is peanuts

ife also an rankingsystem running for a sportcommunity in my country. we also have tournament programms tousand of players with many statistics and hundretausend of game results. and our old database server (shich is really old really slow) sleeps :-)

sorry but there is no reason for paying additional. first we are still betatester (the game is still buggybuggy) we have still only a few maps in the std edition AND the game was sold as only multiplayer with the special offer of that ranking list
and there was no information this rankinglist will stop in 2007

they made millions over millions with this game.
and instead of solving problems with this engine and serverbrowser they deleopt a new browser and solved this problems only to make a new game (with the same engine) so they use bf2 as beta test for bf2142 but we payed so much for that

and now also bf2142 has this stats problems. that a bug joke or the biggtest robbery since microsoft and sun (lol)
Haha! Well spoken even if the English was a little broken. I was not suggesting that EA is not a bunch of greedy bastards. If that were true, then they would not have destroyed all the small studios along with UbiSoft and Viventi. Unfortunately at the turn of the century, all the competative small studios were bought up and absorbed into several larger ones because the PC gaming industry became a hugely profitable market. All the cut-throat tactics that we see in every other major industry spilled into PC gaming as it had in console gaming only years before.

EA is despicable in a way, but that doesn't mean I don't like BF2 and if I were guarunteed some kind of stats protection, I might be willing to pay a tiny monthy fee or even a one time additional fee to the game. I mean I don't play WoW, but I know that Blizzard does not put their customers through this kind of bullsh!t. I realize that the servers are not that taxed from these stats, but perhaps the 24/7 wear on the actual machines from several million users is taxing itself.

As for the claims that BF2 is dead, I think that's absurd and insulting to the players and this website. Just because you are sick of playing and can afford to shell out 50 bucks for a new game every week does not mean the rest of us are disinterested. From what I can tell, BF2142 was a flop by comparison and now EA has another BF in progress.

In truth, it doesn't matter if you are over BF2 or I am not. Only the numbers matter. People are still buying fresh copies off the shelves and there are still tens of thousands playing. For EA to alienate all those customers would be bad business. I'm not claiming to boycott EA or anything irrational, but there are smaller studios that are making comebacks and creating better and better games. Bethesda is a good example. If EA continues to ignore the desires of its customers, it will lose out. Look at GM in the 1960's compared to today. It's a text book example of this. Hubris is a dangerous thing.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6515|the Netherlands
i wouldnt mind having stats NOT updated of the past 2 weeks ...cause that would mean that one day i would become Major ... by doing nothing but a logg in to a round ... i'm still in the game fighting hard for my beloved medals ,ribbons and stuff .. so im not keen on getting them the minute i join a server or a round ...lets forget about it and continu the game as we know it ... im so close to next rank :Major that i would hate to see me get promoted or receive a badge/medal just by loggin in a game i only need 3 to 4 hours for my expert anti tank badge + sharpshooter medal ...

so to all you "whining "(sorry) about badges not received and sh!t .... GET ON WITH IT ... GET OVER IT

start fighting or i find someone who can
anyways ... thanks EA for caring
bofh999
+1|6590
@bluehavoc

yes sorry my english isnt correct in anyway,.. i understand 99% i read, i also watch films in english but ife massive problems to speak it or write it down ,....

the problem for smal studios is the technology. were on a level where a big game cost same amount of time, personal and money a big hollywood blockbuster costs. its not longer possible 2or 3 man write a game everyone enjoy. games like elite (written by one man and portated to all big platforms for over 10 years) wont be possible anymore. we wanna have grakt and fast and ultra realistic grafics, ug free and realistic gameplay perfect networking and so on

thats why the small studios got absorbed. they wasnt able to produce alone and they didnt have the 5-25 million dollars to produce a new game+(some games cost over 50 millions,..)

the problems with smal studios we see in bf2. the original engine was made by a small one. and it wasnt possible to develop it 99% bugfree for them. i know some softwarecompanys going broke because their projekts took 3or 4 months longer than they thought. so this busniness isnt easy at all

often people think . hey for software you need no resources so the development cannot cost so much..but this is pretty wrong
and whne oyu have your game written you have to place marketing worldwide,.. pay an support team,... other plenty millions going down the river bevore the first game is installed

so there is a need for big producers like ea. and im not angry they made it well and make such a big busniness.
but i think they have to support their users. and they didnt

the problem is to say dont buy ea games ,.. hahah good joke like stop gaming forever. they have so many titles you punish yourself if you really try never play an ea game again

and now were on the downside of global free market,.. the idea behind the free marked was to get better products and prices in fight for evey customer
but ea has won. is still so big and dicttate what they want. nobody can stop them so easyly. they bought the most know how and a good part of all good gamedevelopers,.. ok still some smaller one out there but without a real chance

ea has the game market in the same hand like microsoft has the market for office and operating systems and google for internetplattforms (and google still comming bigger and bigger)

but there is a hope.... the big empire rome hat the same problem... they was powerful and stable until the got too big.. then theybroke
lets hope we get lucky and some of the these big fishes eat to much :-)
bofh999
+1|6590
additional:
10 or 15 yaears ago it was possible to get big. you need one man with a good idea and cheap living costs and he was able to make millions with one game with that money he could make it greater and better
now 15 years later we are at an point you need giant amount of money to devleop, produce and sale alone a new title
thats why its so hard for new and smaller ones to get big

even the have produced one or 2 blockbusters,.. one or 2 bad projekts and they going broke

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard