Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
7800/7900 series is a good compromise between price and bf2 performance
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area
the 7800's 100 rebate ends saturday at compusa   , so i may have to go with the 7300 after saturday , it would be better than my last card?  i think so, its in my profile
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6532|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I have  a Gainward 7300GT and I can play it on High, maybe because I have 1.5GB to support it.
Ironsteed
Fuck Shoes
+18|6473|North of Dallas
I would recommend the 7800 GS over the 7300 GT if you are sticking with AGP for now (which it sounds like you are).  But please remember to fix the air flow issue or whatever it was that caused your last card to burn up.  I would hate to see another thread from you 3 weeks from now talking about how you burned up your new ~$150 card.  Investigate why your old card burned up and fix that issue first!  Was it not enough air flow in your case?  Add fans.  Did the fan on the GPU simply fail?  Is the room your computer is in get really hot, or not have adequate air flow.  Move your pc to a different part of your house or spend big money on water cooling.  Whatever the issue, you should spend the time to figure out why your old card failed.  my $.02.  gL.
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6488|UK
my 7900GT blew up afer displaying artifacts for 3 weeks and BFG replaced it free of charge with a 7950GT - great card, i get 95+ fps constantly all on high - not sure if u can get an agp version tho
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area

Ironsteed wrote:

I would recommend the 7800 GS over the 7300 GT if you are sticking with AGP for now (which it sounds like you are).  But please remember to fix the air flow issue or whatever it was that caused your last card to burn up.  I would hate to see another thread from you 3 weeks from now talking about how you burned up your new ~$150 card.  Investigate why your old card burned up and fix that issue first!  Was it not enough air flow in your case?  Add fans.  Did the fan on the GPU simply fail?  Is the room your computer is in get really hot, or not have adequate air flow.  Move your pc to a different part of your house or spend big money on water cooling.  Whatever the issue, you should spend the time to figure out why your old card failed.  my $.02.  gL.
I am sure that leaving my pc on for extended periods of time unnecessarily didn't help, on top of that the dust infestation was incredible, i had the pc in the living room next to other audio-visual equipment so i will clean my pc more frequently than once a year 
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6549|the best galaxy
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6598|Michigan, USA
Well, before you get to carried away with a new card, keep in mind your PSU cant handle the higher cards, and definatly not the X1950, requires a minimum of 30a on the 12v rails, and your psu is only pumping out aprox in the 20ish range(cant be certain)  which is plenty for your 6600, but if you want to go bigger, you'll need to upgrade you PSU as well.
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area

r2zoo wrote:

Well, before you get to carried away with a new card, keep in mind your PSU cant handle the higher cards, and definatly not the X1950, requires a minimum of 30a on the 12v rails, and your psu is only pumping out aprox in the 20ish range(cant be certain)  which is plenty for your 6600, but if you want to go bigger, you'll need to upgrade you PSU as well.
upgrade my 2.99 GHZ???!!!!
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6444|Stealth City, UK

docnutz wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

docnutz wrote:

thx man
Do you know what a PSU is? CPU and PSU are different things.

And a P4 at 2.99 isn't particuarly good anyway.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-07-17 13:49:30)

docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area

buLLet_t00th wrote:

docnutz wrote:

r2zoo wrote:

Do you know what a PSU is? CPU and PSU are different things...
yea my bad , psu, i should have enough power if i stick with the nvidia 7 series

buLLet_t00th wrote:

And a P4 at 2.99 isn't particuarly good anyway.
its good, what kinda super computer geek are you?

Last edited by docnutz (2007-07-20 12:19:26)

docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area
update:   Picked up the BFG Nvidia 7600 gs oc agp interface for $129 at compusa!  Even had enough money to by a decent soundblaster card for $29

thx to all u guys for the help, not sure its much of an improvement over my 6800 gt oc but w/e 
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6166|California
If I would have seen this two weeks earlier, I would have said that your video drivers have gone to hell.

You should've tried starting in safe mode with networking and downloaded the video drivers and re-installed them.
docnutz
+39|6761|B O S T ON area

weerdfoo1 wrote:

If I would have seen this two weeks earlier, I would have said that your video drivers have gone to hell.

You should've tried starting in safe mode with networking and downloaded the video drivers and re-installed them.
Well, no wonder my friend (who's workin on my PC) is so happy to help and now his son is playin BF2 all of the sudden!  Seriously, I watched him tried that.

Last edited by docnutz (2007-07-31 08:39:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard