NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6343|Atlanta, Georgia
meh i was never good in school. And you know humanity would find a way to fuck it up, like always...
Smitty5613
+46|6528|Middle of nowhere, California

Mitch wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

Havok wrote:

He sounded so intelligent too until he called water an element.  Either way, it seems water might be the next fuel source.  It would be nice, but it probably wont happen for a few decades.
ya, unless some big oil company buys his invention to keep it off the market..
That is a very serious threat. If Exxon or something buys that and patents it for 20 years, they could sell the rest of there gas while they perfect the technology and have it completely ready for the market by the time they run out of gas.
That would piss off so many people, but theres really nothing they can do about it right? A patent is fair play no matter what circumstances...
Exxon mobile already has shitloads of blueprints for gas-saving devices that they bought the patents for.... i knew a guy that worked for Exxon Mobile, and he said at one of their places, they have a whole warehouse full of just blueprints, just to keep them off the market.....
V1king
+10|6156|Land of crocs and cane toads
A car that runs on water was designed over 20 years ago and like above post, probably had been bought out by an oil company.  Haven't heard about it since.  Water is H2O as we know and it's pretty easy to work out were the explosion comes from...  Only emission is water vapour that is totally recycled by mother nature.  Interesting with salt water though.

Like any car that either runs on compressed air, batteries, etc... usually requires another power source to charge or pump them up which again uses other enviromentally un-sound processes.

Last edited by V1king (2007-07-12 05:45:50)

Criminal
yo shut the fuck up charles
+20|6638
that guy has got to be at least a level 13 wizard
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England

Smitty5613 wrote:

Mitch wrote:

Smitty5613 wrote:

ya, unless some big oil company buys his invention to keep it off the market..
That is a very serious threat. If Exxon or something buys that and patents it for 20 years, they could sell the rest of there gas while they perfect the technology and have it completely ready for the market by the time they run out of gas.
That would piss off so many people, but theres really nothing they can do about it right? A patent is fair play no matter what circumstances...
Exxon mobile already has shitloads of blueprints for gas-saving devices that they bought the patents for.... i knew a guy that worked for Exxon Mobile, and he said at one of their places, they have a whole warehouse full of just blueprints, just to keep them off the market.....
I hope someone blows up their headquarters.

Seriously, I also hope countries that aren't controlled by Oil companies find a solution. So that they can't do anything. America is a lost cause in this particular manner. I'm not one of those "I hope the USA fails" people, but I really wish that whatever the next viable big thing is, it isn't from there. Otherwise we're screwed (for the reasons stated in the above post)

EDIT: And any other country controlled by oil companies, not just America

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2007-07-12 05:55:13)

mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia

V1king wrote:

Like any car that either runs on compressed air, batteries, etc... usually requires another power source to charge or pump them up which again uses other enviromentally un-sound processes.
I was going to mention something like that yesterday.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
I posted this sometime ago...

Can some one provide the link? i phail at searching
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
jonsimon
+224|6497
This sounds like a great corny sci-fi doomsday plot. Evil scientist plots to burn the world by igniting the oceans with radio waves!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard