sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6528|UK
^^ yeh but if you look up to the left hand corner, see parachute, and dont know what killed you then you really shouldn't be playing
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6698|The View From The Afternoon

sars99 wrote:

^^ yeh but if you look up to the left hand corner, see parachute, and dont know what killed you then you really shouldn't be playing
Perhaps.. I'm just saying his list is not complete without it
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6370|105 RVK
https://i16.tinypic.com/4lprlnp.png
https://i10.tinypic.com/68kdc1x.png

Here's a riddle for ya...

What killed you when you get a  []  kill message???  (I've answered this in previous posts)

Answer: A j-10 that u bailed out of before the bombs hit the target and kill him.
Aleko
+16|6617

sars99 wrote:

For as many times as I've killed someone with a parachute, I've never seen that message, nice one.

A lot of times you can get kills like 'parachute' or 'ladder' or 'grappling hook' when you are parachuting or on a ladder when you kill someone with your claymore, even though I can't seem to recreate the message with my friends.  Just like a lot of times when I am in an armor as sniper and I put a claymore somewhere that kills someone, the game will say I killed him using a (T-90).

At least for my main list, I won't add anything that can't be recreated consistently.  In all my almost 1,300 hours of play, I have probably come across 25-50 messages like what people have listed above.  Again, if someone can tell me how to recreate the kill message consistently then I will add it.

A side list of ultra rares might be kinda cool, I'm at least going to keep track of stuff I see in these posts.  A couple I have never seen before.
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6772|sunderland england
+1 for ur effort mate
0ji
+36|6270|Estados Unidos
https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb134/AlekoB/BF2WeaponList-1.jpg

Embedded

+1 for effort it's pretty cool

Last edited by 0ji (2007-07-11 19:24:51)

Aleko
+16|6617
I have noticed that the screen shots that have been provided are from edited server/client games.  Not sure how else to put it, if you notice all the killed by messages are in orange, which means some server or client file was edited to allow custom messages.  As you can see in one of the messages 'Erxy - Anti Tank' or 'PARACHUTE' or 'M203 (nOObTube)'

I have to admit I kind like the more diverse range of 'killed by' messages that pop up, but this isn't how most servers or clients run.  The fact that the game has to be edited to get these messages means there can be an infinite number of different messages that could be displayed making a master list kinda pointless.
octothorpe
+2|6259
I was in a game the other day and saw a new one to me.  It was on Kubra Dam.  I was only half paying attention as I was on foot near the dam when it happened.  Voice chat lit up so I looked up at the kills list.  A guy in my squad killed two people and the weapon listed was Maverick Lazer.  I never heard what vehicle he was in or got a screen shot.  There was at least a good 10 more minutes of "WTF" from everyone in the game following it.

I think it was Kubra Dam...

Last edited by octothorpe (2007-07-11 12:46:50)

Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6464|California, US
wheres the Chinese Spec Ops Carbine? didnt see it on there
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6332|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

OMG YOU SPELLED SRAW WRONG

Lt. Lollerskates is not amused.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
aj0405
+19|6203

octothorpe wrote:

I was in a game the other day and saw a new one to me.  It was on Kubra Dam.  I was only half paying attention as I was on foot near the dam when it happened.  Voice chat lit up so I looked up at the kills list.  A guy in my squad killed two people and the weapon listed was Maverick Lazer.  I never heard what vehicle he was in or got a screen shot.  There was at least a good 10 more minutes of "WTF" from everyone in the game following it.

what the hell?i honestly have no idea.maybe the game screwed up and stuck that in there for the name of the laser guided missiles.
edit:this is the only thing i could find.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick

Last edited by aj0405 (2007-07-11 13:50:33)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6234|Roma

aj0405 wrote:

octothorpe wrote:

what the hell?i honestly have no idea.maybe the game screwed up and stuck that in there for the name of the laser guided missiles.
edit:this is the only thing i could find.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick
The Maverick Laser is the laser guided missile from the bombers.

Also, Stinger is the American AA emplacement and IGLA is the MEC/PLA AA emplacement.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Aleko
+16|6617

Monkeyman911 wrote:

wheres the Chinese Spec Ops Carbine? didnt see it on there
Added, wow I can't believe I missed that one.

cowami wrote:

OMG YOU SPELLED SRAW WRONG

Lt. Lollerskates is not amused.
Changed, and oh come on it's a little funny.

octothorpe wrote:

You can get a lot of custom messages from someone editing some game file from either the client and/or server side.  The weapon does exist in the game, but on any normal server with unmodified content it would show you were killed by the bomber, not the laser guided weapon of the bomber.
JamesGold
+18|6498
What disgusts me is that I already know all of the weapon code names.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6551|Los Angeles, California
z0mg.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/lone_wolf_xp/screen139.png
syndicat111
+39|6721|UK
Not a real (official) map, therefore reasonable to assume the weapon names / capabilities changed? (medic bag like a nade maybe? lol  )
octothorpe
+2|6259

syndicat111 wrote:

Not a real (official) map, therefore reasonable to assume the weapon names / capabilities changed? (medic bag like a nade maybe? lol  )
I actually had this happen for the first time yesterday.  I was helping out the commander by going to artillery island to repair his artillery.  I found an enemy there and managed to kill him with my shotgun.  While repairing the third arty, he shot me but did not kill me.  I ended up killing him again.  Instantly I realized he was back way too fast and there must be a squad leader nearby.  Sure enough I found him without him seeing me.  Not wanting press my luck, I tossed a grenade at him.   Just as I threw the grenade the same guy spawned on him again.  The grenade landed and I saw a kill message from the squad leader on the ground.   I just assumed the grenade went off and killed him and that I would now have to hunt down the guy again.  Instead the grenade goes off and kills the spawned guy.  I killed the squad leader by hitting him in the head with a grenade.  By the time I figured it out it was too late to see the kill message though.
octothorpe
+2|6259

Aleko wrote:

You can get a lot of custom messages from someone editing some game file from either the client and/or server side.  The weapon does exist in the game, but on any normal server with unmodified content it would show you were killed by the bomber, not the laser guided weapon of the bomber.
Odd.  It's a clan server and always active.  They also don't seem like the type of clan that would modify the server in that sort of way.  I sure as hell don't have any modified files, not even localization ones.  None of the clan members knew what to think of the message either.  It was new to them.  *shrug*
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6717|Canberra, AUS

san4 wrote:

Your list is missing KORD. I forgot what it is, but it's in my sig.

Edit: Also there's a typo: it's SRAW, not SPRAW.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kord_machine_gun

http://www.zid.ru/en/products/military/kord.html

Looks a bit like a PKM to me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Aleko
+16|6617

octothorpe wrote:

Odd.  It's a clan server and always active.  They also don't seem like the type of clan that would modify the server in that sort of way.  I sure as hell don't have any modified files, not even localization ones.  None of the clan members knew what to think of the message either.  It was new to them.  *shrug*
Strange... Even if it is the clan, I am pretty sure it isn't against any EA rules or even that complicated to modify the killed by messages.  I curious though if it's done on the client or server side.  Maybe if one person in the server has this modified content then it displays to everyone else.  Not that big of deal, except the fact that it can make it difficult sometimes to know what the hell is killing you.
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6369|USA Biznatch!

Aleko wrote:

Hey guys, so many times I look up to see what the hell just killed me and there is some number or letters that don't necessarily make sense, so....
Your a major general and still....Nevermind. I pretty much know my way around the names and such. Thanks for this table though should help some people out.
Aleko
+16|6617

sportsman11-2cool4u wrote:

Your a major general and still....Nevermind. I pretty much know my way around the names and such. Thanks for this table though should help some people out.
I know, even I forget some of the weapons when I go on a long vehicle whoring stretch and then go back to infantry only.  It's been a long time since I've even referenced the list.  Some of my friends just got BF2 so I thought I'd dig it up for them as well as post it here.  So it's mainly for noobs, but still handy at times.
Aleko
+16|6617
I noticed there is a sticky post above called Modified Localization Files v1.41 by leetkyle.  This is probably one of many mods you can get that give you custom 'killed by' messages.  I wonder if this modification can be done on the server side, if so, could be causing some of the confusing and unique 'killed by' messages.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard