VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6705|Antarctica
Karkand will never be the same.....
LemonChicken61
+0|6717|Minneapolis, MN USA

blackcracka wrote:

I think you all will be very dissappointed if/when the patch comes out.

It is TOTAL BS that EA has to change the game we've spent hundreds of hours perfecting our skills on.

Just like the last patch, it is going to be gay, and it will make me be all pissed off and not want to play the game. How would you all feel if they completely changed the vehicles, removed many of the jets from maps.. lowered the number of nades you have... Its totally queer.

Down with the patch. How could you say long live the patch when you have no idea what the f they are going to do.. its probably going to be another ploy to get you to buy another "booster" pack..

B S if you ask me
Well....you're a....a....a....Heterosexual!   So there!!!!!
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6755|UK - England

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

Karkand will never be the same.....
What makes you say that? am I missing something? I have read the specs for the new patch. Theres nothing about Karakand (I could be wrong) - Please correct me if i am. Thanks.

Zeibach wrote:

Check out  EA official BF2 site.

It's under construction

I'm soooooooo    glad, no more dolphin divers and bunny hoppers.

And finally new ranks
Hehe. Yeah thank god for DD lol

Sorry of topic but nice quote (This is 10% luck etc etc). I think puttin the album name wont hert (Fort Minor Lyrics)
SargeJp
+87|6749|Canada
the 1.2 patch isn't coming tomorrow or after tomorrow. it's supose  to be released in 2 or 3 weeks. and i don't think the newb tube will be so fixed because i saw a 1.2 assault video and the nade launcher was still 1 shot kill. if you think i'm wrong then check this

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_013106
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6764|Toronto Canada
NOOOO its been pushed back 2 weeks! SHIT
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6776|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

SargeJp wrote:

the 1.2 patch isn't coming tomorrow or after tomorrow. it's supose  to be released in 2 or 3 weeks. and i don't think the newb tube will be so fixed because i saw a 1.2 assault video and the nade launcher was still 1 shot kill. if you think i'm wrong then check this

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/ … ate_013106
You really didn't read any of the patch notes did you. The point wasn't to reduce the power of the GL, just prevent cheap ways of using it (extreme close quarters combat - where jumping was used to avoid splash damage). For those who can aim it, this weapon will still be useful.
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6759|Houston, Texas

blackcracka wrote:

It is TOTAL BS that EA has to change the game we've spent hundreds of hours perfecting our skills on.

Just like the last patch, it is going to be gay, and it will make me be all pissed off and not want to play the game. How would you all feel if they completely changed the vehicles, removed many of the jets from maps.. lowered the number of nades you have... Its totally queer.

Down with the patch. How could you say long live the patch when you have no idea what the f they are going to do.. its probably going to be another ploy to get you to buy another "booster" pack..

B S if you ask me
Nice quote, did you clear this with BlazinU.K. your stats are reflecting his.
Teckademics
+1|6724|Savannah GA
Community Update - 1/31/06

Hello everyone,

As I pretty much expected, there is some last minute news to pass along. There’s some good and some not so good news but, hopefully, the good outweighs the not so good.

First, I’ll start with the bad news to get it out of the way. We have held onto the 1.2 patch a little longer than we had initially planned. We really felt that it was important to delay the patch and take care of some of the issues that have had the community concerned. This means that it will be released sometime in the next two or three weeks. This, unfortunately, means that the Euro Force Booster Pack will be delayed as well since it relies on the patch. Look for Euro Force to be released in the latter half of February now.

Also, another bit of bad news is that the new feature that allows player to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back. In the end, we felt it just wasn’t complete enough for public consumption. We at DICE apologize to all of you who were eagerly awaiting this feature.

I hope that the reasons for the delays are seen as positive by you, the community, and therefore I list these reasons as the good news portion of this update.

The following issues were addressed:

* Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been addressed on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
    * The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently.
    * The distance for throwing hand grenades, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased.

And finally…

* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed

Regarding the last point, what we have done is make the code more secure to try and prevent any cases where this bug may occur. Since the fix has been in place, we have had no reproduction of the bug in testing.

We’re excited about being able to release 1.2 very soon and hope you all are too.

All the best,
AJ Marini (Euro Force Producer)
Seth Infinite
+3|6738|Houston, The Republic of Texas
Bummer about the mines. I really would like to pickup my claymores and re-use them. That is assuming that no idiot teammate hadn't already tripped it.
FrEaK
+1|6781|Finland

Ayumiz wrote:

patch will be out on 1st feb
no it will be not; it has been delayed!
ifixphns2
+3|6714|Evanston, WY
The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
Yay!
pat2187
+0|6751

blackcracka wrote:

B S if you ask me
They dont have to change the game they want to. When you put out a modern military online game and it degrades into people jumping around like B-movie kung fu guys, walking down tight quarters with grenade launchers armed at the ready and generally looking lame...you want to change something.

If you dont want to play the game cause you're all pissed off why would you have 539 hours logged with over 100K points? Hell you were on today! The changes you imply wouldn't happen unless it changes the idea that they created and sold had changed dramatically.

And we do have an idea of what the pack is going do...most patches have notes that give you some heads up as to what is to come.

A lot of people were smart and decided not to exploit the system by relying on gimmicks and tricks to get by. Those are going to be the biggest opponents of this patch.
Jobarra
+0|6680

Teckademics wrote:

* Being able to pass through walls using a spinning tank turret has been fixed. It has also been addressed on all rotating vehicle positions just to be safe.
    * The disappearance of tank projectiles and grenade launcher projectiles during online play has been improved and should occur less frequently.
    * The distance for throwing hand grenades, ammo packs, and health packs has been increased.

* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed
More than happy to wait for additional changes.  The increased throw of those items shows that they are listening to the community.  That was one of my biggest concerns about not being able to jump and fire anymore.  The packs just don't go that far right now and the only way to get it to another roof with a gap in the middle is to jump and throw. 

The nametag bug is a major fix I think and well worth the wait.  I hadn't seen it in awhile, but sure enough had it happen the other night on a BAN for intentional TK server.  Luckily the person and admin understood.
ProDicTeD
+2|6807
*  Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
    * TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
    * Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
    * AA missile lock has been improved
    * Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    * Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    * Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    * "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
    * Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
    * "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
    * "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
    * The Sa80 weapon has been improved
    * The G3A3 weapon has been improved
    * Reload while sprinting has been enabled
    * Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
    * Damage decreased for the M134
    * Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
    * Server search filters now work properly
    * All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
    * Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
    * Flash bang effect radius decreased
    * Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
    * Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
    * Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
    * Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
    * Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
    * Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
    * APC Update – “Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials”. This fix was a miscommunication to the patch team. Chinese and MEC APC’s have been reverted and the LAV25 now no longer shoots through penetrable materials.
    * Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
    * Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
    * Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
    * Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.

WTF? Dolphin diving not possible, it was really part of bf2... Helicopter 7 missiles less! Medic paddles reload without use!?!?!? Omg i play medic a lot and i must say they really made the game to let the n00bs play better. This sucks big time. I haven't really played bf2 a lot after they introduced the SF and now this. Sometimes patches ruin the game....
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
Oh great, now they took the good things in the patch...
Gotto love 1.2: The new feature that allows player to pick up deployed mines with the G key is being held back.

Thanks Dice!
Zeibach
110% NOOBTUBE
+11|6722|Germany

--->|Your|Phobia<--- wrote:

Sorry of topic but nice quote (This is 10% luck etc etc). I think puttin the album name wont hert smile (Fort Minor Lyrics) wink
This album is great and i love it.
I edited the song phrase a little bit, now it sounds better in connection with BF2.

I'm happy about that other people hear also this musik.

Now back to BF2 and possible patch release date.
I read a lot bullshit in other forums about release.
Some say 1.Feb other 8.Feb.
In Germany Euro Force release on 16.Feb.
EA Germany wrote that it could be bought in normal shops.
The EA downloader is shit.
We will see what will come.

Last edited by Zeibach (2006-01-31 14:06:49)

Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

So the patch is coming out tomorrrow? it better. its been long enough
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6773|Noizyland

Ayumiz wrote:

It's the first of Feb today...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6832
ProDicTeD You don't understand what you read do you?

1. Dolphin Diving was a cheap tactic. It has been removed because it has turned into an exploit.
2. They've reduced the missles on the Helo to 8. that's 6 less not 7. 14 - 7 = 7 not 8.
3. The shock paddles now reload by themselves without being equipped. So when you put them away after reviving, the next time you Go  to revive, you don't have to wait for them to "recharge."
They've done nothing to ruin game play. Only make it better.

Morons, I swear.

Last edited by =[4th]=SlayThem (2006-01-31 16:32:01)

=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6832

Tyferra wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

For you. not us americans/canadians/etc.
Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

Tyferra wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

where do you live? its still Jan 31st in canada.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6832
Hmmm... Have they kept out the picking up of mines only? or mines, claymores, AND C4? I don't care about mines.. I'll just spanner them. I care about the C4 though.
TerrorDoll
+0|6674

ProDicTeD wrote:

WTF? Dolphin diving not possible, it was really part of bf2... Helicopter 7 missiles less! Medic paddles reload without use!?!?!? Omg i play medic a lot and i must say they really made the game to let the n00bs play better. This sucks big time. I haven't really played bf2 a lot after they introduced the SF and now this. Sometimes patches ruin the game....
Dolphin diving was really part of the game? Idiots like you ruin games more then patches ever could. Unless of course we are talking about SOE, which means the idiots are doing the patching, but that's neither here nor there.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

TerrorDoll wrote:

ProDicTeD wrote:

Dolphin diving was really part of the game? Idiots like you ruin games more then patches ever could. Unless of course we are talking about SOE, which means the idiots are doing the patching, but that's neither here nor there.
Curious that no one has brought this up yet.  With jump/proning/dive going away, can we still dive/jump through windows?  I'm for getting rid of dolphin-diving (never used the tactic myself), but window diving is actually very useful.  Nice way of sneaking into bunkers and buildings.
drburnttoast_87
+0|6660|Australia
Aww why delay the patch?!!? Well hopefully they make it work rather than introduce more bugs. Euro Force is also being delayed since it apparently relies on some of the changes made in the patch. Here in Australia was told that you could buy Euro Force download card type thingy in stores if you didn't have a credit card, true? Sigh 2-3 weeks more of c4 chucking and prone jumping...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard