Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6765|Dallas
Go a week in the world with absolutely no police force and see how well you like them after that.
KVNY
+25|6657|SoCal

Parker wrote:

daddyofdeath wrote:

Parker wrote:

this is the truth.

i have ran from police and gotten beaten when they took me down.
i have also cooperated with the police, and have had no issue....even when they pull up my record, if i am just straight up with them, its all good.

if a cop is being "mean" to you, chances are you just need to listen to what they are telling you to do.
Are you a brother from the hood? I know for a fact ALL cops beat on innocent black men.

No racism at all intended.
lol, no man, im a little white dude that liked to mouth off to the cops when they tried to tell me that narcotics distribution is illegal.

good times.
narcotics distribution FTW!

And as pointed out by the more intelligent posters in this thread, if you don't do anything stupid and or illegal you will have nothing to worry about...  And if you're ever in any serious trouble or danger lets see who it is that shows up to help...

Last edited by KVNY (2007-07-11 13:58:46)

Schwarzelungen
drunklenglungen
+133|6297|Bloomington Indiana
i wouldnt say i down right hate cops...but i am very cautious around them...even if i am just walking down the street *apparently raging mohawks are cop magnets*

the run ins i have had with them, i have been nothing but respectful and honest, but im always threatened with some BS.  last time we got pulled over we were complying, yet he still said this to us..."i dont want any crap from you boys tonight...youre already in quite a mess...you can either listen to me and go home...or fight this and go to jail with your friend"

i have a better relationship with the firemen next door to me than i do most cops...the firemen dont mind if i walk next door and talk to them with a 40 of old english in a paper bag
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6725|Doncaster, England

daddyofdeath wrote:

I have friends and family in the British Police force here in the UK. They are like us, normal (in most cases!) people. They buy dodgy dvds, they speed around in their civvy cars like us. Hell they even shit like us. Theres no need to fear them in anyway unless you are a criminal
They may be like us, but they are not us, they are them.
They get away with stuff that we can't get away with, because we are not them.

I don't fear them either, no one should.

If a copper ever says to you "you did this"
The first thing you should say is "prove it"
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6526|South Florida
Because THEY come and save your ass when you call 911... For free! Whenever you have an emergency.

Last edited by Mitch (2007-07-11 14:16:45)

15 more years! 15 more years!
Jibbles
Rifle Expert
+56|6630|Mexifornia, USA
Cops are fine. Security guards ("rent-a-cops") I hate. Especially the ones that think they're cops. But, of course, since they really only possess the power to tell you to leave or whatever, the worst they can do is call the real cops.

For example, the rent-a-cop at a movie theater once told me (after showing up in his little "patrol cart") I wasn't allowed to wear my sunglasses while driving in "his" parking lot. Apparently the darkened lenses (and I quote) "impaired my ability to see moviegoers walking to and from their vehicles". He had sunglasses on the entire time..
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

ThomasMorgan wrote:

You know, it's funny...every time I've had a run in with an officer, I've treated him/her with dignity and respect, and I've understood that they're just doing their job...and I have yet to get a single ticket/violation/warning.

I'm telling you, 99% of them are good.  If you treat them well, they'll treat you well.
This is what I go by. It'll determine if you get a ticket or a warning. Also don't lie, that really pisses me off. Lying is a one way pass to the clink.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6519|Montucky

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Because they fail to protect and serve. Every traffic stop is a mindfuck of how they can get you out of a car to search it. THe first question; do you know why I stopped you? That s a fat opening to admit to something he may have missed. So thats the dealeo.
Eh No. I know exactly why I pulled you over, infact nobody in my department asks, do you know why I pulled you over?!?.  Come to think of it, nobody in my state asks that.  And not every traffic stop is a mindfuck to get you out of your vehicle. We have a nifty little system that when we enter your name, date of birth, or social security number We find out if you have a valid driver's license and if you have any warrants for your arrest.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK

S3v3N wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Because they fail to protect and serve. Every traffic stop is a mindfuck of how they can get you out of a car to search it. THe first question; do you know why I stopped you? That s a fat opening to admit to something he may have missed. So thats the dealeo.
Eh No. I know exactly why I pulled you over, infact nobody in my department asks, do you know why I pulled you over?!?.  Come to think of it, nobody in my state asks that.  And not every traffic stop is a mindfuck to get you out of your vehicle. We have a nifty little system that when we enter your name, date of birth, or social security number We find out if you have a valid driver's license and if you have any warrants for your arrest.
Same for the UK the police have the power to stop any car on a public road to check its road worthiness and that the driver is doing so legally, I did an attatchment with a traffic unit the other month using one of the new ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) camera cars and we stopped so many un-insured drivers etc you wouldn't beleive.

One phone call to the DVLA can tell us if you have a drivers license or not, lying about it just prolongs this task and takes away any chance you had of getting away with a warning.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Cougar wrote:

Go a week in the world with absolutely no police force and see how well you like them after that.
very good point.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

leetkyle wrote:

I hate them.

Instance #1: Every car, and I mean every car - does 45mph down a 30mph road here. It is a very busy road and when I say everyone, I mean everyone does at least 45. Should you go at 30? No way, you are a danger to yourself by going that slow. So we do 45 too, keeping up with the traffic, no more, no less. We get pulled over;

Instance #2: The motorway. No offence, but a woman could do 100mph down and the police wouldn't blink. But when we're in the car, 3 young males, keeping up with the traffic at around 72-73mph and not 70mph, we get pulled over;

Instance #3: They are there to enforce the rules when they don't follow it themselves. No indicating, stopping at pedestrian crossing even when people are walking across them - and they aren't chasing someone or getting to a crime scene. All they are doing is "patrolling" the area.

This is why I hate them. And I always will.
Meh.Everytime im back home, the Police are ALWAYS more strict in Irish Citys, than they are back in England.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke

Milk.org wrote:

S3v3N wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Same for the UK the police have the power to stop any car on a public road to check its road worthiness and that the driver is doing so legally, I did an attatchment with a traffic unit the other month using one of the new ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) camera cars and we stopped so many un-insured drivers etc you wouldn't beleive.

One phone call to the DVLA can tell us if you have a drivers license or not, lying about it just prolongs this task and takes away any chance you had of getting away with a warning.
LOL that would be the second fine i got,obviously we know the system works as i'm living proof.

(no insurance,i have a drivers licience)
edit-yes i have insurance now!
How many points do you have on a licience(sp) i thought it was 12 put i have it may be 13?

Last edited by {uscm}Jyden (2007-07-11 14:46:53)

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK

{uscm}Jyden wrote:

How many points do you have on a licience(sp) i thought it was 12 put i have it may be 13?
Note: This is for the UK

If you accumulate 12 points put on your license within 3 years you are liable to be disqualified by a judge. It's not an automatic process though.

It may be worth noting that if you have been driving for less than 2 years, 6 points on your license will mean your license will be revoked and you will have to pay for and sit all your driving tests again (theory and practical).
Home
Section.80
+447|6849|Seattle, Washington, USA

Of course we need them, and of course I appreciate their job, but when you give someone power over their fellow citizen they will abuse it. When I read stories in the paper about how the cops killed an unarmed mentally ill man because he "looked like" the thief they were going after but then it turns out he's innocent (after he's dead), and that some cop pretended to chase another cop (who was in his normal car) so that he could get home faster, and then he causes a big wreck, that's when I don't like the police. By the way, both of those things happened here in the past year and both went unpunished. Most of the cops I have spoken to were great guys, but there are always those exceptions on the police force that screw it up and give all the other cops a bad name.

Last edited by Home (2007-07-11 15:36:19)

sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6233
Okay, I'll start by saying that I hate cops.  I understand that they have a dangerous job and that some of them are really out to protect and serve.  But there was an incident about 3 years ago which made me feel the lot of them were worthless, fat, former-jock assholes.  Basically, I get pulled over.  Okay, I wasn't speeding, I'd had nothing to drink, and I was driving perfectly normal.  As soon as I come to a stop, Mr. Shithead gets on his loudspeaker and tells me to throw my keys out the window and for me and my friend to put out hands outside of the windows.  I comply, cop comes up with his the barrel of his gun pointed right at my face, no more than a foot away.  He tells me and my friend "if you try and run it'l be the last thing you ever do."  Ya prick, we pulled over right away because we thought we would have a better chance getting away on foot.  Dick.  Then the clown-ass son of a bitch puts my face in the pavement and my hands in 'cuffs.  At this point I decided to try once again to ask why I was being pulled over (the previous responses I got ranged from "shut up" to "not now").  This time he tells me it was for drunk driving.  I told him that I had had nothing to drink and that I was driving perfectly normally.  Turns out he was just taking all this precaution because some wanna-be do-gooder called me in (never found out why) and followed me until the cops got on me.  Every time I think about it I get pissed off at the thought that these pigs would do all this shit based on the word of some dumbass that wanted to help out.  Go back to your neighborhood watch program asshole and leave me alone. 

Anyways, that's why I hate cops.  That and the $1000+ I've payed in speeding tickets over the years (mostly due to speed traps).
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6528|So Cal
ThomasMorgan,

99% of them are not good lol  I play in cop softball tournaments all the time, and they're all fucking crooks bro lol
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6338
i hate most of them

why?

cops are more worried about what the people breaking the less serious  laws like speeding (going 10 over the limit)

then the guys who are selling/doing drugs or shooting people for money stealing cars and things from homes

do you watch cops? "stop resisting"  while the person is laying on his back with his hands on his head and 4 350 pound cops jump on his back to put a pair of hand cuffs on him.

pretty lame but when you need them to stop someone from doing something to you most the time they are there so its a give take relationship

they take more then give
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I don't. I respect them, and the job they do.

My uncle is a veteran detective in the NYPD, and he's served for over 20 years. Cops (some of them, anyway) face constant danger. Aside form SWAT teams and bomb squads and the like, many things run through an officer's mind, even on a routine traffic stop. What's that thing that man took out of his glove compartment? Was it his stash of drugs? A gun? His insurance registration? Many people take police officers for granted. They hear stories in the news of cops shooting a man, or taking down some teens. The sensationalism in the media today is sickening. Why did the cops shoot that man? He didn't identify himself and didn't follow orders. Why did those teens get taken down, hard? When the cops tell you to stop, you stop, you don't run.

Yes, some cops are dirty. Yes, some of them committed horrible crimes (case in point: Amadou Diallo). However, the point is, most of them don't deserve the disrespect they get. Without cops, what would we have? Peace? Serenity, without cops being overzealous? Bullshit. There'd be anarchy, and we'd be even worse off then we were before. Hell, the government would declare martial law and send in the military if it got bad enough, and God knows that's worse than a little bit of tear gas and a few beanbag shots.

That's all I've got, maybe there'll be more later.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ
Power tends to corrupt. Fucking puppets. Sometimes useful but otherwise assholes 99% of the time. Assholes even when needed tbfh
ƒ³
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Cougar wrote:

You'll get Taiwan.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

Cops kick ass. Take any group of people (cops, bakers, teachers) and there'll be a few assholes, but most of them are doing their jobs and are cool if you are. If they're not cool to you, it's usually because you're doing something illegal or you seem to be doing something illegal. Most of you pussies complaining about them are so upset because you got busted doing something you shouldn't have. Boo-fucking-hoo. "Cops suck because one time I was drinking underage and one gave me a ticket." What do you expect? These are the same crybaby jackasses that hate all black people because one cut them off in traffic one day. Here's a clue, whiners: don't break the law and you won't have a problem.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Probably the most underrated yet scrutinized job in the world.

99% of them are good.

Someone has to uphold the law.
^^qft
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6287|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Anyone that says they hate cops should go a week in their shoes. See how easy it is to defend citizens.
Ettercrab
+11|6653|Finland
Don't know about cops in the "big world", but Finnish ones I like. It makes me feel safe when I know that there are people who at least try to keep all kind of nut-jobs in leash.

Never had problems with police, I've been stopped only once and asked to blow into alcometer and kthxbye. Just don't break the law and you wont have problems with police (I lol at people who hit brakes when ever they see police car).
link52787
+29|6523
cops are good people. 

Some of the media on the net just wants to make all cops look bad. 

Their job is to uphold the law.  You don't have to like them but give them respect.  They chose to become cops so they keep the streets in check.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard