Teknoir
+5|6616|St. Paul, Minnesota
I'm wondering... what are some good tips for bringing down the Goliath quickly?  Det Packs?  Tanks?  Orbital Strike?
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6504|Valhalla
A team using a combination of Ground defence (the Rail guns), TV missiles (speeders), and Pilum’s are you best chance
Teknoir
+5|6616|St. Paul, Minnesota

loonitic wrote:

A team using a combination of Ground defence (the Rail guns), TV missiles (speeders), and Pilum’s are you best chance
Do the det packs do much?  Or would I be wasting my time planting all five and blowing it?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6358|New York
Well coordinated attack is the best i can tell. For instance, the other day our team had about 10 engineers ripping apart a goliath and three walkers. It was quite amazing, they didn't even get across the bridge (Remagen). If you can, always go for the repair modules first, and use lots of roller mines.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
PlayerTimb2
+0|6615|Exeter England
I have managed to destroy one on my own with a rail gun....if you shoot the glowing points on it ..think they are on the top and side you will have no probs destroying the all-mighty Goliath.
Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

Pop down all your lollermines behind  some cover, and when the goliath gets in range toss lollermine bait at it. The result is your lollermines hitting the goliath at top speed simultaneously, bringing it to death or close to it.

I don't play anymore, but my bro was doing this the other day and he was told to not do whatever he did again or face a ban.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

Pop down all your lollermines behind  some cover, and when the goliath gets in range toss lollermine bait at it. The result is your lollermines hitting the goliath at top speed simultaneously, bringing it to death or close to it.

I don't play anymore, but my bro was doing this the other day and he was told to not do whatever he did again or face a ban.
uh oh, I must try that...
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

Topic opened and bumped cus we are missing some posts from the past.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6504|Valhalla

Bernadictus wrote:

Topic opened and bumped cus we are missing some posts from the past.
Are you encouraging necro posting?
Jade456
+1|6634|Las Vegas
Apparently. I love that you get threatened with a ban when you start owning the server admins.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Dunno what you guys are talking about, but I was interested in thread topic and Bernadictus was kind enough to reopen.  How bout thanks instead of complaints?  Anyway ...

Does the roller mine bait trick work even with full shields or shields down first?
Sambuccashake
+126|6580|Sweden
^Works a treat no matter what state it's in.
Motion mines + motion mine bait = insta-kill

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2007-11-27 23:19:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard