darad0
+40|6633|Centreville, VA
Privatized centralized banking can and probably will destroy America long before terrorists do. The international bankers are the ones controlling the US government. The Federal Reserve System is basically a self-perpetuating debt machine meant to keep Americans enslaved. The bankers have total control over the economy, inducing inflation and depressions whenever they deem appropriate.

How do we solve this problem? Discuss.

Edit: some nice quotes:

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States." -- Sen. Barry Goldwater (Rep. AR)

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

"I sincerely believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison

"A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world - no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." - Woodrow Wilson

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board administers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

I could go on but I found this wonderful website full of quotations: http://www.barefootsworld.net/banking-fed-quotes.html

Last edited by darad0 (2007-07-10 14:20:04)

darad0
+40|6633|Centreville, VA
Just by the lack of responses to this shows me how uneducated people are about what actually goes on in the Federal Reserve System.
jsnipy
+3,276|6534|...

I am uneducated in this matter, but this is an interesting topic.

Do you know about the Islamic gold currency? Interesting how it may come into play when all of this paper money falls out.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-07-11 06:23:15)

darad0
+40|6633|Centreville, VA

jsnipy wrote:

Do you know about the Islamic gold currency? Interesting how it may come into play when all of this paper money falls out.
If you are referring to the Gold dinar. It is basically a gold standard, which is a good thing. Its a gold coin straight up. The problem is the gold coin has its exchange rate based on USD, like all other currencies, which is extremely devalued.
thanks_champ
+19|6534
All I know I've learned from a video entitled "The Money Masters". I've posted a link to it before. The full version can be found on Google Video. It's an amazing account of the history of banking, bankers, the Federal Reserve and how it came into being, and how many times the control of Americas money has been wrestled from the government to the bankers, and then back again. (something like 9 times from memory).

I'm a little rusty, but they did make a very important point, and that was there is no point getting rid of the Federal Reserve without reforming banking, and getting rid of fractional reserve banking. At the end of the video he explains HOW to do this without causing major worldwide financial catastrophe.

They also say that returning to a gold standard is NOT WISE. This is because gold is a finite resource. It's the reason why fractional reserve banking came about in the first place. There wasn't enough to facilitate the amount of trade that was being done. Also, think about who owns most of the gold now. The bankers! Why would we want to return to a system where they control all the wealth.

It's actually one point I think Ron Paul needs to investigate further. He knows we need to get rid of the Fed, but he believes the Gold standard is the answer. Not good.

Last edited by thanks_champ (2007-07-11 08:37:07)

darad0
+40|6633|Centreville, VA
The Money Masters

Yes I agree the first step is banking reforms. I think the government should take the printing of money out of the hands of the Fed. This could create an interest free market, thereby reducing the national debt. Fractional reserve banking is completely flawed. I am just strictly opposed to somebody making a profit off a necessary item for commerce.

Lets go back to trading shells.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6417|North Carolina
Good points..  I prefer switching back to the Gold Standard as well...  Fiat money is very easily exploited and devalued by irresponsible governments.  Given our lack of concern for balancing the budget or mending our trade deficit, I'd say it's time to switch now.
jonsimon
+224|6507
Commodity money is a failed system. When you use commodity money you open oppertunities for another great depression. All one has to do is control the price of gold and one can control the value of currency throughout a nation. Do you want another stock market crash?

All this opposition to the fed focuses only on one of its jobs: controlling the money supply. The fed also regulates interstate banks. It requires them to insure all accounts up to $1000 and forces them to balance all accounts each night. The fed is more than just a printing press and a few old men deciding interest rates. Without the Fed there would be more than one great depression.

As for those who dislike fractional reserve banking because it is "making a profit off a necessary item for commerce," without potential for profit or influence, banking would not exist. Everyone would keep their money on hand or on their property, and robbery could leave a person with nothing.

There are reasons these institutions exist, you cannot simply erase them. Instead, you must accept the status quo and reform. Because it is a compromise, reform is the only successful and productive means of improving complicated social systems.

Last edited by jonsimon (2007-07-11 21:53:29)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6475|meh-land
I think a more urgent problem is the fact that there is way way way way WAY too much virtual money right now, as in there are far too many americans buying houses on credit and selling them after the price goes up enough, because this is the exact situation before 1929, and a massive stock market crash like that one would cause a huge amount of damage globally and give terrorists the best opportunity yet to attack

i mean, your stuff is of course a bad problem, but really its just a part of the one i said...
Marinejuana
local
+415|6597|Seattle
good thread
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6559|the best galaxy
Why do the US government borrow money from the private Federal Bank when it could just issue it instead? Doesn't make sense unless the plan is to endept the US state (and it's ppl) and enrich the bankers.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6677|NT, like Mick Dundee

jonsimon wrote:

Commodity money is a failed system. When you use commodity money you open oppertunities for another great depression. All one has to do is control the price of gold and one can control the value of currency throughout a nation. Do you want another stock market crash?
Are you sure the great depression had nothing to do with the invention of credit and rabid borrowing?

Seriously?

Oh and I'd hardly call the American Revolution a 'social reform'.... Revolutions work if you don't have the current world super-power dead set against the status quo changing...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
jonsimon
+224|6507

Flecco wrote:

Oh and I'd hardly call the American Revolution a 'social reform'.... Revolutions work if you don't have the current world super-power dead set against the status quo changing...
Had I used the word peacably would I have satisfied your nitpicking?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard