Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6753|Dallas
So Michael Moore did an interview with CNN about his new movie Sicko.  Before the interview started they ran a clip about the review of facts on his movie with CNN's resident medical expert Sanjay Gupta.  Needless to say the rag the shit out of his movie and talk about how he skewed the facts.  The don't actually say where they got their facts but point out alot that Michael Moore's were wrong.

After the clip, Michael Moore comes on during a live interview and owns the shit out of Wolf Blitzer and calls out Sanjay Gupta.  He talks about posting some facts on his website.  He did and he even provided sources.  So yeah, Mike gave CNN a gigantic FUCK YOU.

My favorite part was at the very end where Lou Dobbs comes on the screen and compares Michael Moore to Hugo Chavez.  What the fuck?  It would appear as if Rupert Murdoch has purchased CNN and is turning it into a subsidiary of FOX.

FUCK YOU CNN.

FUCK YOU FOX.

FUCK THE AMERICAN MEDIA.

Here is the video:

Here is the link to Michael Moore's website where he debates CNN's claims.
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/ … _10017.php

Sanjay Gupta wrote:

My conversation with Michael Moore
Last night on Larry King, I had a chance to sit and discuss health care with a man I admire. It is true. Michael Moore has been able to get people talking about health care policy in a way that I haven't seen in a long time. It is important, because we both agree on the need to fix the health care system. It is shameful and heartbreaking that so many people don't have access to what most consider a basic human right. An uninsured person in this country is forced to make impossible decisions every day, such as choosing between food and medications. They live with the constant fear of getting sick or injured and then suddenly finding themselves in financial ruin. Even for the insured, the system seems broken and antiquated. Most everyone who reads this, whether you are a doctor or a patient, agrees that the time has come for a change.

Michael Moore and I agree on these points. In fact, after the segment ended on Larry King last night, we chatted for a couple of moments off the air. It was friendly and he seemed appreciative that we had a chance to discuss some of these issues. He reminded me that we are both from Michigan, although he favors the Spartans and I am a die hard Wolverine fan. He also reminded me that he has been working on Sicko for a long time and wanted to be recognized for his efforts. And, I do recognize that. Sincerely.

I also think, though, that it is important to get the facts absolutely right and to be transparent about the sources of those facts. Michael knows that I took issue with the "cherry picking" of some numbers to try and bolster his argument. He cited an unsourced BBC report when talking about per capita Cuban spending. That same report also talked about US per capita health spending, but he apparently didn't like that number, so instead he used a projected number from a different study. I worry that comparing apples and oranges purposely, and perhaps needlessly, muddy the argument. To be clear, I got a number wrong in my original report, substituting the number 25, instead of 251. It was not deliberate, but an error of transcription. I felt awful it happened. I did correct it and apologize.

I also worry that Michael, who is an accomplished film maker, tried to leave people with the impression that health care is free in many other nations and there is a state of utopia. True, Michael did talk about increased taxes in his film, but he also kept calling it "free," which made it nebulous. No question, there are many valuable things to learn from other health care systems, but we should know all things before wholeheartedly endorsing one system over another. We should know that taxes will be much higher, as is the case in France where they are crippled by their health care system. We should also know that a significant number of people in these countries still buy supplemental insurance, apparently unhappy with what the government alone can provide. We should also remember that Medicare, an example of a limited national health care plan in the United States, is expected to go bankrupt by the year 2020. If there is a new national health care plan, we want it to be around for a very long time and to provide the sort of health care that we deserve. Personally, I believe that adopting a much more prevalent prevention model is an important first step. Keeping people from getting sick in the first place may cost more in the short run, but it is medically and morally the right thing to do.

Judging by the response over the past few days, people are very passionate about these health care issues. I think I can safely speak for Michael, when I say, that is the best news of all. I was a bit baffled, though, that Michael took such issue with my reporting in Iraq. I reported on a group of Navy doctors who worked hard to address the consequences of those booms and explosions we watched on television. They risked their lives everyday to save and improve the lives of others. I think about them everyday. I wish Michael would've watched some of that reporting before being so critical.

Although Michael accused me of it, I have never shilled for a corporate sponsor and I never will. What I will do is try and present solid reporting on the complexities of a health care system in disrepair, no matter who it makes uncomfortable - be they powerful vested interests or filmmakers.

On a final note, Michael has told people at CNN that he regularly receives nasty email and even death threats. As I have been thrust into this world over the past couple of days, I understand what he is talking about. If you want to contribute to the discussion, please try and keep your comments constructive.
Posted By Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent: 11:02 AM ET

Last edited by Cougar (2007-07-12 04:41:08)

David.P
Banned
+649|6262
This is why i like assholes who stoop down to the level of their opponents and still win. (Thats a compliment not an insult)
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6299

Thats what did it IMO when a lot of people realized what crossfire's "debates" really were poorly done; at least the people I know.

transcript:
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library … ssfire.htm

While i am in here when does Sicko come out?

Last edited by teamorange (2007-07-10 20:49:19)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6663|Canberra, AUS
Good thing I refuse to watch CNN when I have it, then.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6589|132 and Bush

CNN is so biased (Moore's Words) they invited him on to defend himself and to point everyone to his website to see his debunking debunking.
They also had him on Larry King http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/28/si … nnSTCVideo

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/06/28/si … index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ … newssearch

CNN was contending that many of his facts lacked proper context. They also had this to say :As Americans continue to spend $2 trillion a year on health care, everyone agrees on one point: Things need to change, and it will take more than a movie to figure out how to get there.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6754|Cambridge (UK)
CNN had credibility?
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6704
in this case... its not about left or right... Michael Moore is a stain... nobody takes him seriously anymore luckily...
and Jon Stewart is a really funny dude... but in that video on CNN he's taking himself way to seriously... The beauty of TV shows is that you can change the channel... lol
Love is the answer
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6744|United States of America
Michael more has been debating with people who are too warm and fuzzy to really press anything on him and eat him up.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6640|USA

Cougar wrote:

So Michael Moore did an interview with CNN about his new movie Sicko.  Before the interview started they ran a clip about the review of facts on his movie with CNN's resident medical expert Sanjay Gupta.  Needless to say the rag the shit out of his movie and talk about how he skewed the facts.  The don't actually say where they got their facts but point out alot that Michael Moore's were wrong.

After the clip, Michael Moore comes on during a live interview and owns the shit out of Wolf Blitzer and calls out Sanjay Gupta.  He talks about posting some facts on his website.  He did and he even provided sources.  So yeah, Mike gave CNN a gigantic FUCK YOU.

My favorite part was at the very end where Lou Dobbs comes on the screen and compares Michael Moore to Hugo Chavez.  What the fuck?  It would appear as if Rupert Murdoch has purchased CNN and is turning it into a subsidiary of FOX.

FUCK YOU CNN.

FUCK YOU FOX.

FUCK THE AMERICAN MEDIA.

Here is the video:

Here is the link to Michael Moore's website where he debates CNN's claims.
http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/ … _10017.php
If we promise to get socialized medical care, would you take your medication, and this time, stay on them???
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6479|Menlo Park, CA
Michael Moore is an overweight, self centered, liberal, blowhard who can kiss my ass!!

Fuck him and fuck his bullshit agenda! I have NEVER paid to see one of his biased media films. . . . nor will I!

The health care system does need work, but Michael Moore isnt the authority on how to fix it!!
Reciprocity
+721|6569|the dank(super) side of Oregon

fadedsteve wrote:

Michael Moore is an overweight, self centered, liberal, blowhard who can kiss my ass!!

Fuck him and fuck his bullshit agenda! I have NEVER paid to see one of his biased media films. . . . nor will I!

The health care system does need work, but Michael Moore isnt the authority on how to fix it!!
I'm surprised you feel that way.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

pssst ... its all about $   $    $ 
$                $   $                                  $         
$     $                     $
$     

Nobody truly believes in shit. Michael Moore is selling a product. So is CNN for that matter.
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6433|EE Chat
/pwnt
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6444|The edge of sanity
they let michael moore back on to talk about the bullshit coverage. Lmao he was so pissed even his second chin was yelling at them.
AAFCptKabbom
+127|6646|WPB, FL. USA
I was going to respond to Cougar then I remembered It's about Michael Moore - his fifteen minutes was over years ago - can't be taken seriously.

I guess if these sicko Imams can still get grown men to come to their Mosque and listen to their warped bullshit and go out to commit mass murder then Michael Moore is entitled to his mindless following as well - Is Sicko self titled - hmmm.
dubbs
+105|6620|Lexington, KY
I found it strange that he still is bringing up his other movies.  To me he was there to talk about the war and not about Sicko.  Love how he kissed up to Hilary, and how when they said he turned down request to be on the show, he ignored it.

Like most far left liberals, he does not stay on the subject at hand, and likes to dodge the questions that are at hand, and blame them on other people.
Smitty5613
+46|6515|Middle of nowhere, California

Cougar wrote:

FUCK YOU FOX.
huh? i missed where Fox news screwed up here...
Smitty5613
+46|6515|Middle of nowhere, California
lol i love it, liberals bashing each other rotfl
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6753|Dallas

Smitty5613 wrote:

Cougar wrote:

FUCK YOU FOX.
huh? i missed where Fox news screwed up here...
Their mere existence is a gigantic fuck-up.
zeidmaan
+234|6403|Vienna

No one looses credibility by bashing Moore. I watched Sicko and its bullshit. If he is to be taken seriously he need to remove him self from his documentaries and stop ACTING in them. Half of Sicko is him being "surprised" about things. Its possible that he was surprised fist time he heard one of the stories in the movie, but after hearing it few times, writing a script of it, rehearsing it few times and shooting 7 takes of that scene he STILL ACTS FCKN SURPRISED. And you know what... he is a BAD actor.
And that happens over and over in the movie and its soooooo annoying.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6467
Michael Moore is not a person you want at a debate. He is unable to remain civil in conversation and makes every question into a personal accusation.  I am surprised CNN didnt cut off his mike and send him packing. I think he is in love with Hillary.

Last edited by ncc6206 (2007-07-11 06:24:31)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6278|Éire

zeidmaan wrote:

No one looses credibility by bashing Moore. I watched Sicko and its bullshit. If he is to be taken seriously he need to remove him self from his documentaries and stop ACTING in them. Half of Sicko is him being "surprised" about things. Its possible that he was surprised fist time he heard one of the stories in the movie, but after hearing it few times, writing a script of it, rehearsing it few times and shooting 7 takes of that scene he STILL ACTS FCKN SURPRISED. And you know what... he is a BAD actor.
And that happens over and over in the movie and its soooooo annoying.
True, Moore's overbearing onscreen presence throughout his films is a clear indication of his own love of the limelight. The truth is often there to be found in Moore's films but it is more often than not dressed up or mis-presented in the same way that FOX presents their stories. He's playing the same semiotic game that contemporary American news media are.

BTW Wolf Blitzer debates likes a little girl, I'd like to see Moore take on Stephen Sakur or Jeremy Paxman.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6278|Éire

ncc6206 wrote:

Michael Moore is not a person you want at a debate. He is unable to remain civil in conversation and makes every question into a personal accusation.  I am surprised CNN didnt cut off his mike and send him packing. I think he is in love with Hillary.
I can't believe cutting someone's mic is seen as legitimate common practice in news debates in the US? I've never seen someone's mic cut on them in British news interviews ...not even when George Galloway is on SKY news bashing Rupert Murdoch.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6609|London, England

Braddock wrote:

BTW Wolf Blitzer debates likes a little girl, I'd like to see Moore take on Stephen Sakur or Jeremy Paxman.
Haha, yeah, that was weak. He just let himself get destroyed on TV. Poor guy.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6467
Sarcasm. Sorry, I should have put it after the I think he loves Hillary comment.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard