Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6575|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Some guy thinks I hacked and only kicked me for it.  It is a good server, but I would really like to make it clear to this one guy that I don't hack so I don't have to fear being kicked again.

P.S.  It is the Texas team players server in case you wanted to know, and it is only one admin guy that thinks I hack or thinks I am "suspicious", not the clan.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6642
just make a ton of videos, like me.

EDIT: PB shots mean nothing, if your asking for a PB shot you can just turn your hacks off at the time. im not saying that you hack, but its just that if you did, you could just turn them off.

videos prove skill. videos are live, undeniable proof that you dont hack.

Last edited by Trigger_Happy_92 (2007-07-10 22:30:12)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

EDIT: PB shots mean nothing,
?

PBSS's are one of the only ...if not the only ways to prove that someone is hacking (unless you make a decent BR footage video)

All he has to do is get a PB shot of the time before he was banned.

Having PBSS's on is a serverside option. So if that server you were playing on had them on, and they have access to them, you can get them.

Last edited by -[Silver.Inc* (2007-07-10 22:36:36)

Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6709
lots of tool admins... find another server... I once shot down a well known admin statwhore in a chopper with the eryx and he said after the 3rd time to stop being stupid or something to that effect... I asked if i should stop shooting him down... and he said... "keep it up and you will be kicked"

ultra pathetic... lol
Love is the answer
xXDomination
iDF!
+26|6391|California
I remember reading a thread on the TotalBF2 forums where a similar situation happened to ||3rb||MOBB on that same server. He was kicked/banned for 'hacking' and went on their forums to dispute the accusation. From there, an admin on the site edited his post to make it look as if he actually admitted to hacking instead of defending himself. Based on what I read in that thread, I'd say you have no chance to prove yourself and even if you actually do, your attempt will be fruitless. Find a new server and move on, you're better off avoiding people like that.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6516|Little blue planet, milky way
There's absolutely no way to proove that you're not "hacking". There is however, lots of ways that you make yourself "suspicious". And there are some ways you can remove some suspicion (like making a vid of an entire round you play where you still own pretty good).
Thing is that if you focus on just ONE task then you score damned high at that. Like gettign kills, repairs, captures etc. etc. and anyone getting "caught" with 8 captures in a 10 min. round is susopicious, anyone with a 7-1 KDR in a round is suspicious etc. etc.

A good example: I have played for over 1000 hours now, and I know a thing or two about using the guns in this game. I needed a 27 kills round to get my next "good conduct" medal. So what do I do ? I get out the SVD go on an IO server, run around next to an ammo guy and spam about 5-10 shots in the direction of ANYTHING moving that's not on my minimap. Result a decent round and getting some attention from the other people on my team. Next round I'm US, so no SVD, but I find a good team to work with. lots of medics and two ammo guys. I become the teams sniper and we own the round pretty darned good. (again I miss my target of 27 kills, but I manage a 20-2 KDR because I keep getting revived by the medics and I keep running with the team. At this point in time the first accusations of "hacking" arrives.  20 kills with an M24 on an IO map is like nothing. Next round I'm back on the SVD with the team again. We get to within 200 feet of an enemy uncap an manage to stay there for more than half the round before all medics and the SL dies. We fight our way back and do it all over again. I end the round without my medal (because of a bad shot on a teammate who ran infront of me). The entire SQUAD ended up with 4 deaths max pr person, and I got over 30 kills (same as the support guys spamming nades). We rule for about 4-5 more rounds, and the "hacking" accusations the air all over the place because I rank top 3 almost every round. And all I'm doing is playing for a freggin' medal (still haven't gotten it btw).
Now anyone with a little knowledge of playing on a non-pub server can tell you that good teamplay and 5-6 officers (people with lots of skill and experience) can turn the tide of a battle on ANY pub server. We just happened to do exactly that.

When all else is said and done, it's actually fairly easy to proove/detect hacking, but extremely hard to DISPROOVE it. As a general rule though, I'd much rather have an admin that takes allegations seriously and kicks based on assumptions, than one who couldn't care less and leaves all the hackers in there (or worse, IS one of them).

So how do you defeat "hack'ism" ? Well, depends on the hack and your "status". More options are available to admins ofcourse:
1) Take allegations of hacking seriously. If someone is continually suspect, then kick him to be on the safe side, if he's innocent he'll return to proove his innocense, if he's guilty he'll stay away for the rest of the night (most likely). Ofcourse some morons DO come back, and some innocents willstay away because their feelings got hurt. Well, rather their feelings than the rest of the servers players. It's a game after all, juriceprudence and "innocent until prooven guilty" does not count here. Kick the MF even if your'e not certain. That goes for me too, aswell as clan members, friends, family, even your own mother. NOONE is above suspicion.
2) If battlerecorder is on, check the footage. Hackers will often be able to "look" at their target even through a wall, if they're following their target where he's out of sight, you KNOW he's hacking (or can be relatively certain of it). You can check this even if you're not admin.
3) If the hacker is using "coloring" turning soldiers red or blue like on the minimap, then a screenshot will often catch them. Unfortunately this requires the PBSS functionality of your server, and it requires an admin to take the shot and look at it. This is WORK... Admins like to play, so most servers dont HAVE this options, but it is a good one.
4) Minimap hack is also getting pretty common. Again, if there's no UAV and a guy who's NOT the commander can walk around a corner and KNOW you're there (or appear to know) every time, then he's likely using this hack. And again... it's easily spotted with the screenshot, as he'll have red dots and no UAV on his HUD. Unfortunately you again have to have an admin and PBSS. While you can be fairly certain the poor slob who gets out his shcok paddles to go revive the squad that just died around the corner is NOT using a hack, you can't proove it.. he may just be as stupid as he acts when running into an area the enemy is KNOWN to cover. However, if a medic WONT run there, it doesn't mean that he's got the minimap hack.. it may JUST aswell mean that he's not as brave (or dumb) as someone who WOULD ignore the bullets.
5) Nofog/viewscale hack. While I'm not entirely sure how this works on all maps, I have seen it in action on maps with LOTS of fog, and it's easily prooven with eg. a screenie of where you died. What this does is allow a person to view FURTHER than normal, and removes the fog so he can in theory see as far as his resolution will allow. It's pretty easy to spot if eg. on Karkand, a US APC is outside the city and shoots a guy going up the ladder on square repeatedly... One kill can be luck, but two or three ? That's cheating, because not even a sniper with SCOPE can see this far through the fog. The APC will have to be almost at the hotel flag to be able to see this far, even with 100% view distance. If you have a card that can handle 100% then simply make a note of where you died, and where the APC was (if you know, it helps if it's on your HUD) and get out a scoped rifle and see if it's even possible to see this distance. Your screenie of where you died with the APC on the HUD will be good proof. But remember... A single lucky kill MAY have been a stray shot, so have screenies of 2-3 kills to show that it's NOT a fluke. Most admins will be happy to ban a player based on this sort of evidence.
6) Aimbot: the EASIEST of all the hacks to discover. Thing is an aimbot always aims for the head (well, at least that's what the vids show, if this becomes public knowledge people will probably start programming them to aiming for your balls instead ). So if a guy immediately hits/oneshot-kills you while you're lying still, but can't hit you when you're moving, then he's VERY likely using an aimbot that just can't keep up with where your hitbox moves. Also he'll likely be unable to keep focus on ONE target if there's two or more people in his LOF, so if he keeps moving the fire from one guy to another and back again before one of the first target is dead... He's probably using aimbot. But even a screenie can't give exact PROOF, but his actions can look suspicious. Particularly, if two-three screenies have him ALWAYS aiming EXACTLY at people heads, even while he's doing a running jump and a backflip at the same time. And with aimbot, he WILL. Admin screenies are your best "proof", but close combat manuevers with the guy might help to show it, and you can get one of his teammates to follow him around, they'll notice when he starts to walk his fire before his targets are dead.
7) Commander hack, aka vehiclespam. You'll NOTICE this one.. but who's doing the hacking can be a tough one. Looking at the type of car will show you what side the guy is playing on. There's at least half the server safe from suspicion. Then later look at your battlerecorder. Anyone standing still looking at the spot where the cars start to spam PRIOR to the cars starting to spam... that's most likely the spammer. If he's done it ONE on your server, he'll likely do it again.... Save the recorder data for later evidence, and if it happens again, correlate the players on the server and the "suspects". if there's any overlap. Ban the MF.
8) Blue bug hack.... Easiest of ALL hacks to spot. Anyone who walks into your camp wearing the enemys uniform is using the bluebug hack (showing up as friendly to the enemy). If it was just a "bug", then the guy would either DC and rejoin to remove the issue, or change sides. Anyone who blantantly (and repeatedly) turns "blue" and uses it to his advantage is hacking. Again, proof is circumstantial, but IMO enough to be rewarded with a ban.
9) Spawn hack. As easy to spot as the blue bug. Any enemies spawning at YOUR spawnpoints are cheating. Pure and simple. Get a screenie or battlerecorder data and send to admin to have the guy banned.
10) TV missle hack. Removing the static and/or white noise (particularly on dragon valley) gives a HUGE advantage to a gunner. while there are good gunenrs out there, you can be fairly sure that the guy who consistently hits you (while you're being a bunny jumping inf) with the TV missle is likely cheating. Again... PBSS will catch him.

Also be aware of one thing: I TOO thought the cheaters were few and far between, but in reality they're not. I checked just ONE hacksite has more than 100000 users (!) And if you're paying to cheat then you're USING the cheat, AND you're not a casual user. There may be some that are cuasual cheaters, and there may be some that are "old" users, and the sites that sell hacks may inflate the actual user numbers (or offer cheats for other games besides BF2). But still the numbers are VERY high. That means anyone who plays a couple of times a month is not likely to be suspect, but of the 2-300.0000 "daily" players, you can now be certain at least 20% cheat (!) if not everytime they play, then at least some fo the time.

So in essence.... You can't proove or disproove "hacking" (usually), but you can make a damned good case for or against a guy. So play on servers where the admins take it seriously, and preferably on servers where admins are regularly present. Battlerecorder servers is also a good idea, but not a requirement, as it's not very efficient. The best best is PBSS servers. there's at least a few hundred of those, so go play on some of them.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
You have to make yourself look like a cheater, it's more fun. Back when I whored Warlord and Mass D. on SF a year ago I got them literally all the time. They were hack-glory days
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6642
Make a new account=>Own the generals(one specific mexican)=>Make them start whining=>Have them say they will report you

Satisfaction to another level.
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6520|Northern Ireland
to take a pb ss in game, open console and type " pb_getss " without the quotes, it will tell you where it saves the screenshot and then just host it somewhere.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
take it as a compliment, and that the admin who would do this is probably screaming at his monitor everytime you killed him...
your having fun playing and he is raging, who is really worse off.
I get hack accusations all the time, and it doesnt bother me, If he were actually a compitant admin, he would have pbss'ed you and then made his decission...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6645
Aimbots don't show up on PB screenshots per se. An admin intent on banning someone could lie to himself easily
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
acsman50
a cut below the rest
+7|6520|Northern Ireland
BF2 admins are the worst! I know player, i play with him alot(seeing he is my son), every server he goes in he gets kicked after a few rounds, he ends up with k/ds of 70-5 or 100-30 on i/o!!! he uses medic but sometimes uses sniper(i saw him go 130-20 with sniper. Even though the pbss are fine, no sign of cheating he gets kicked! then when he goes back in to "prove his innocence" he gets banned!! some players, well most players on bf2 even the players who consider themselves good at the game call him a hacker every time he plays! he plays for a really good clan, imm0rtal.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6573|Melbourne, Australia.

Twist wrote:

There's absolutely no way to proove that you're not "hacking". There is however, lots of ways that you make yourself "suspicious". And there are some ways you can remove some suspicion (like making a vid of an entire round you play where you still own pretty good).
Thing is that if you focus on just ONE task then you score damned high at that. Like gettign kills, repairs, captures etc. etc. and anyone getting "caught" with 8 captures in a 10 min. round is susopicious, anyone with a 7-1 KDR in a round is suspicious etc. etc.

A good example: I have played for over 1000 hours now, and I know a thing or two about using the guns in this game. I needed a 27 kills round to get my next "good conduct" medal. So what do I do ? I get out the SVD go on an IO server, run around next to an ammo guy and spam about 5-10 shots in the direction of ANYTHING moving that's not on my minimap. Result a decent round and getting some attention from the other people on my team. Next round I'm US, so no SVD, but I find a good team to work with. lots of medics and two ammo guys. I become the teams sniper and we own the round pretty darned good. (again I miss my target of 27 kills, but I manage a 20-2 KDR because I keep getting revived by the medics and I keep running with the team. At this point in time the first accusations of "hacking" arrives.  20 kills with an M24 on an IO map is like nothing. Next round I'm back on the SVD with the team again. We get to within 200 feet of an enemy uncap an manage to stay there for more than half the round before all medics and the SL dies. We fight our way back and do it all over again. I end the round without my medal (because of a bad shot on a teammate who ran infront of me). The entire SQUAD ended up with 4 deaths max pr person, and I got over 30 kills (same as the support guys spamming nades). We rule for about 4-5 more rounds, and the "hacking" accusations the air all over the place because I rank top 3 almost every round. And all I'm doing is playing for a freggin' medal (still haven't gotten it btw).
Now anyone with a little knowledge of playing on a non-pub server can tell you that good teamplay and 5-6 officers (people with lots of skill and experience) can turn the tide of a battle on ANY pub server. We just happened to do exactly that.

When all else is said and done, it's actually fairly easy to proove/detect hacking, but extremely hard to DISPROOVE it. As a general rule though, I'd much rather have an admin that takes allegations seriously and kicks based on assumptions, than one who couldn't care less and leaves all the hackers in there (or worse, IS one of them).

So how do you defeat "hack'ism" ? Well, depends on the hack and your "status". More options are available to admins ofcourse:
1) Take allegations of hacking seriously. If someone is continually suspect, then kick him to be on the safe side, if he's innocent he'll return to proove his innocense, if he's guilty he'll stay away for the rest of the night (most likely). Ofcourse some morons DO come back, and some innocents willstay away because their feelings got hurt. Well, rather their feelings than the rest of the servers players. It's a game after all, juriceprudence and "innocent until prooven guilty" does not count here. Kick the MF even if your'e not certain. That goes for me too, aswell as clan members, friends, family, even your own mother. NOONE is above suspicion.
2) If battlerecorder is on, check the footage. Hackers will often be able to "look" at their target even through a wall, if they're following their target where he's out of sight, you KNOW he's hacking (or can be relatively certain of it). You can check this even if you're not admin.
3) If the hacker is using "coloring" turning soldiers red or blue like on the minimap, then a screenshot will often catch them. Unfortunately this requires the PBSS functionality of your server, and it requires an admin to take the shot and look at it. This is WORK... Admins like to play, so most servers dont HAVE this options, but it is a good one.
4) Minimap hack is also getting pretty common. Again, if there's no UAV and a guy who's NOT the commander can walk around a corner and KNOW you're there (or appear to know) every time, then he's likely using this hack. And again... it's easily spotted with the screenshot, as he'll have red dots and no UAV on his HUD. Unfortunately you again have to have an admin and PBSS. While you can be fairly certain the poor slob who gets out his shcok paddles to go revive the squad that just died around the corner is NOT using a hack, you can't proove it.. he may just be as stupid as he acts when running into an area the enemy is KNOWN to cover. However, if a medic WONT run there, it doesn't mean that he's got the minimap hack.. it may JUST aswell mean that he's not as brave (or dumb) as someone who WOULD ignore the bullets.
5) Nofog/viewscale hack. While I'm not entirely sure how this works on all maps, I have seen it in action on maps with LOTS of fog, and it's easily prooven with eg. a screenie of where you died. What this does is allow a person to view FURTHER than normal, and removes the fog so he can in theory see as far as his resolution will allow. It's pretty easy to spot if eg. on Karkand, a US APC is outside the city and shoots a guy going up the ladder on square repeatedly... One kill can be luck, but two or three ? That's cheating, because not even a sniper with SCOPE can see this far through the fog. The APC will have to be almost at the hotel flag to be able to see this far, even with 100% view distance. If you have a card that can handle 100% then simply make a note of where you died, and where the APC was (if you know, it helps if it's on your HUD) and get out a scoped rifle and see if it's even possible to see this distance. Your screenie of where you died with the APC on the HUD will be good proof. But remember... A single lucky kill MAY have been a stray shot, so have screenies of 2-3 kills to show that it's NOT a fluke. Most admins will be happy to ban a player based on this sort of evidence.
6) Aimbot: the EASIEST of all the hacks to discover. Thing is an aimbot always aims for the head (well, at least that's what the vids show, if this becomes public knowledge people will probably start programming them to aiming for your balls instead ). So if a guy immediately hits/oneshot-kills you while you're lying still, but can't hit you when you're moving, then he's VERY likely using an aimbot that just can't keep up with where your hitbox moves. Also he'll likely be unable to keep focus on ONE target if there's two or more people in his LOF, so if he keeps moving the fire from one guy to another and back again before one of the first target is dead... He's probably using aimbot. But even a screenie can't give exact PROOF, but his actions can look suspicious. Particularly, if two-three screenies have him ALWAYS aiming EXACTLY at people heads, even while he's doing a running jump and a backflip at the same time. And with aimbot, he WILL. Admin screenies are your best "proof", but close combat manuevers with the guy might help to show it, and you can get one of his teammates to follow him around, they'll notice when he starts to walk his fire before his targets are dead.
7) Commander hack, aka vehiclespam. You'll NOTICE this one.. but who's doing the hacking can be a tough one. Looking at the type of car will show you what side the guy is playing on. There's at least half the server safe from suspicion. Then later look at your battlerecorder. Anyone standing still looking at the spot where the cars start to spam PRIOR to the cars starting to spam... that's most likely the spammer. If he's done it ONE on your server, he'll likely do it again.... Save the recorder data for later evidence, and if it happens again, correlate the players on the server and the "suspects". if there's any overlap. Ban the MF.
8) Blue bug hack.... Easiest of ALL hacks to spot. Anyone who walks into your camp wearing the enemys uniform is using the bluebug hack (showing up as friendly to the enemy). If it was just a "bug", then the guy would either DC and rejoin to remove the issue, or change sides. Anyone who blantantly (and repeatedly) turns "blue" and uses it to his advantage is hacking. Again, proof is circumstantial, but IMO enough to be rewarded with a ban.
9) Spawn hack. As easy to spot as the blue bug. Any enemies spawning at YOUR spawnpoints are cheating. Pure and simple. Get a screenie or battlerecorder data and send to admin to have the guy banned.
10) TV missle hack. Removing the static and/or white noise (particularly on dragon valley) gives a HUGE advantage to a gunner. while there are good gunenrs out there, you can be fairly sure that the guy who consistently hits you (while you're being a bunny jumping inf) with the TV missle is likely cheating. Again... PBSS will catch him.

Also be aware of one thing: I TOO thought the cheaters were few and far between, but in reality they're not. I checked just ONE hacksite has more than 100000 users (!) And if you're paying to cheat then you're USING the cheat, AND you're not a casual user. There may be some that are cuasual cheaters, and there may be some that are "old" users, and the sites that sell hacks may inflate the actual user numbers (or offer cheats for other games besides BF2). But still the numbers are VERY high. That means anyone who plays a couple of times a month is not likely to be suspect, but of the 2-300.0000 "daily" players, you can now be certain at least 20% cheat (!) if not everytime they play, then at least some fo the time.

So in essence.... You can't proove or disproove "hacking" (usually), but you can make a damned good case for or against a guy. So play on servers where the admins take it seriously, and preferably on servers where admins are regularly present. Battlerecorder servers is also a good idea, but not a requirement, as it's not very efficient. The best best is PBSS servers. there's at least a few hundred of those, so go play on some of them.
Way to write an entire essay.
Barrakuda777
+86|6729|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
If your good there is almost no way of disprooving it.

I have been banned from more servers than I can remember (in fact I am running out of the ones I like to play on) and even when i point to the fact that my accumulated experiance with sniper rifles has me at around 26th in the world, I have numerous videos on Youtube prooving to a FACT I dont cheat etc etc. I still get banned. I even had admins checking my stats while im ingame and changing teams to shoot me to check that I do take damage.

Human nature means they look at only the bits that they want to see when "checking" to see if you hack. I have had the most ridiculous things thrown at me as their excuses for kicks or bans, like I have infinate health, one shot kills on body shots (the guy was wounded FFS, i just finished him off...), the list of stupidity is endless.

I am still currently banned from the Moof Karkand server (it sticks in my mind because i liked that server damnit!) as they cant believe I always end up with an SVD (even though my mates on TS save them for me as I like them....), they have taken countless PBSS and wont have found squat (coz nothing to find but my silky graphics)... yet they still banned me. I petitioned on the Forums but got a "tough" basically.

I once got accused by a cheat (and I will guarantee that this guy was) that I was running an aimbot and its probably that mentality that drives people to cheat in the first place. I can honestly say though, I have seen 3 cheats in this game that have had ANY effect on my game or that of the server in alot of game time.

Kooda

P.S. Try maintaining an overall KD of 23:1 when you get kicked a lot.... its a bit of a mare (yes I love the fact I managed to do it )

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2007-07-11 03:44:32)

[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6645|pimelteror.de
can you take pbss as a normal player? i don´t think so. admins can take them, afaik.

and if someone thinks, you hack, it is a great compliment. i always laugh, when someone thinks i´m suspicious
weasel_thingo
+74|6319
most new hacks dont get caught on pb shots, basically the only way to prove you dont hack is to make a video and even then they will probs say you just turned it off in the vid.
its easy to prove you are hacking, so when and admin bans you without actuall proof it is kind of pathetic.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6688|UK

Twist wrote:

O_O
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6320|105 RVK

Twist wrote:

lol jesus christ
Raphi
Banned
+354|6251|Basel, Switzerland
Just ignore the hack accusations. Gettin called a hack is normal 4 me.
=TBG=Zoton
my mum says i'm cool
+22|6647|Australia

Ersguterjunge wrote:

Just ignore the hack accusations. Gettin called a hack is normal 4 me.
you're pretty modest ay???
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6134
Just find a better server or don't play IO.  Despite putting in many, many heavy-scoring rounds I've only been called a cheater twice in two years.  I honestly believe that most of the paranoid whiners play IO.  I've had rounds of 30-50 kills as infantry for only a few deaths on vehicle servers and I can't remember the last time someone called me a hacker, yet I've seen people with negative KD ratios for all infantry weapons talking about how they're always getting accused of cheating.  It doesn't add up.  Find better servers is all I can suggest
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6329

Missionless wrote:

Twist wrote:

lol jesus christ
is there a word limit on here
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

Twist wrote:

B+, good effort but many spelling and grammar errors.
Tripp
I wanna be on you
+116|6520|So Cal

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Make a new account=>Own the generals(one specific mexican)=>
ahahahahahahahaha
ReTox
+100|6491|State of RETOXification
The mind sees what the mind wants to see.  If they think you are cheating they will find enough "suspicious" activity to warrant their fears, irregardless if you cheat or not.  People assume cheats because it's easier than admitting defeat... I do it, it's human nature to be suspicious of things outside our normal experiences... and well, BF2 is full of the unexpected.

Still, if you like this server, make nice and join this admin's squad.  If he see's you in the squad and how you play the game I'm sure he'll see reason.  Going in all guns blazing to defend your honour will likely result in more tension or a ban from a server you seem to like.  It's easier to play a round or two on the same team and squad because your actions speak louder than words.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard