Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6641|Washington, DC

They say they're not a phone company, and their "Find out why" page isn't very helpful. Anybody have any experience (first-hand or friends or something) regarding them?

www.helio.com
Smithereener
+138|6326|California
I think they're a service provider that also makes their own phones. I hate their commercials. "Don't call it a phone." What the hell? What else do you call it? It's a fucking phone, no matter how you look at it.

I have a few friends with their phones, the features are pretty neat, but for the most part, excessive.
Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6774|Florida - America's Wang!
Its all marketing. They tell you its not a phone, and of course you go "well then WTF is it?" And already they have their hooks in you, you're thinking about their brand (even negatively, its still got you thinking about "Helio"), maybe going to their website to find out what the hell is going on. It's pretty clever actually.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
They're a cell phone company.  Just because they say they aren't doesn't mean they aren't.

Samsung actually makes their phones...they just put their brand name on it.  As for the service, they use Sprint's service network...but again, they pay Sprint to use it.
Brasso
+1,549|6641

ThomasMorgan wrote:

They're a cell phone company.  Just because they say they aren't doesn't mean they aren't.

Samsung actually makes their phones...they just put their brand name on it.  As for the service, they use Sprint's service network...but again, they pay Sprint to use it.
Pfft.  Sprint sucks.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard