SkylineGTR
+2|6105
I see a lot of people using the M95, but I use the L96a1 all the time. Some people also like using the regular m24.

Which one has the best accuracy/ least drop.

Also can anyone help me with the drop? I aim a lil over their heads and I cant seem to get a kill. For example on Wake Island, When they are at Artillery Island and I'm at the right of the island trying to pick them off(im chinese). Any tips?
CDK3Y
+25|6109|BEHIND YOU!
that would be the M95 i think, strong bullets, least drop, but the thing is the crosshairs are thick so its hard to aim distances
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6648|In You Endo- Stoke
Its just practice you will work out the distance needed on each shot,depending on the range.

I prefer the M95,i only normally use the l96a1 for long long range shots otherwise 95 all the way.
RandomSchl
|\/|€|\/|߀|2
+52|6413|California
a dead sniper... that's the best
David.P
Banned
+649|6243
Depends on the situation. M24 for accurate shots at long range, Same with the L96 but I like it better as a weapon for extremely long range(In PR 1000m and up and yes i have gotten a kill on kashan at that distance) And it's great for killing passengers in heli's, M95 Sniping people out of heli's and best weapon to learn to snipe, Svd and Type 88 city combat and cqc marksmen combat(In PR)
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere

RandomSchl wrote:

QFE
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
I love the M95 at close range, but any sniper rifle is fun to use depending on circumstances
BL4CKL10N
+66|6252
I prefer the SVD

M95 comes second

then M24

L96A1 is too strong, i dont use it so often.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Type 88
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6433|meh-land
L96 is too strong?  Its an M24 with thinner crosshairs and a disturbing tendancy to have dud bullets that instead of doing all but two bars of damage to unarmored soldiers it does the amount of damage it would to an armored soldier...  For some reason it just happens more often with L96 than with the M24
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6360

I use the M95 if I want to cause damage.  I use the L96 when I want headshots.  It evens out.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

Svd

after is L96A1 or M24, depends on how I'm feeling

I started using the Type 88, man people really get angry when you killed them with that or the svd

Last edited by -=[HL]=-Phatmatt (2007-07-10 21:18:53)

Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6148|Wisconsin
Mec -    SVD nothing else
US   -    Personally I use the m24 becuase of the  least bullet drop....
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6591|Gold coast, Aus.

LuigiMcOwnage wrote:

Mec -    SVD nothing else
US   -    Personally I use the m24 becuase of the  least bullet drop....
haha, all snipers, and all guns, have the same bullet drop in BF2 :>
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

Where's Todd_Angelo when he's needed?
SkylineGTR
+2|6105
So what if i like getting head shots, and is the most accurate sniper, what would it be? and what tips can u give me for far range shots w/  bullet drop?
OxiDeOwns
+15|6190|Sydney, Australia
I prefer the L96 but use the M95 more. I like to camp enemy spawn and shoot people out of cockpit

Btw don't worry about bullet drop.. It's only very slight

Last edited by OxiDeOwns (2007-07-10 22:38:52)

TheGiantSE
+14|6441|Sweden

RandomSchl wrote:

YES!

I really hope that infantry only will be sniper free after the next patch.
Fight like a man and face you enemy!

But sometimes I feel like playing chicken sniper and then the L96 or maybe M24 is the best and as I feel the most accurate rifle.
In citymaps or SF the SVD is the weapon of choice...
And the discussion about most damage is just stupid...shoot them in the head and they are dead!
For long range you just have to get the feeling for where to aim.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Svd/Type 88 FTW!
Smitty5613
+46|6496|Middle of nowhere, California

SkylineGTR wrote:

I see a lot of people using the M95, but I use the L96a1 all the time. Some people also like using the regular m24.

Which one has the best accuracy/ least drop.

Also can anyone help me with the drop? I aim a lil over their heads and I cant seem to get a kill. For example on Wake Island, When they are at Artillery Island and I'm at the right of the island trying to pick them off(im chinese). Any tips?
I love the M24...
SkylineGTR
+2|6105
Then why is it that when I aim for their head, i shoot, they dont die or dont even get hit? lol
xXDomination
iDF!
+26|6368|California
I haven't sniped in a long while. When I did I preferred the L96 simply because it "felt" more accurate to me. I'm a wake whore and know the shot you're talking about in your OP and at that range there is definitely some bullet drop. Just keep trying and eventually you'll get the feel for the bullet drop at different ranges. I had it down rather well when I sniped a lot. However, now that I rarely snipe, I'm horrid with judging my shots. It's pretty much like everything else: Practice/Experience will make you better.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6118|San Antonio, Texas
I use my M95 whenever I play on all teams, especially maps with helis. Sometimes I get lucky when those sneaky buggers try to cap flags, .50 bullet to their melon, makes me feel great, then they fly off, come back, blow me to bits with their cannon and I continue feeling normal.

When aiming for heads, I put the scope one pixel above the head, that compensates for the drop. I've headshotted an enemy sniper commander four times in a row with the M95. He'd always use the same place, even tried arty for little ol' me, and me inside the structure at the Main Entrance on Dalian Plant, I lived long there. Which is odd because a bush in a building is rare.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6259|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

SkylineGTR wrote:

Then why is it that when I aim for their head, i shoot, they dont die or dont even get hit? lol
You have to lead the target, dumbass. Bullets take time to travel from point A to point B, ya know?
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6351|Oslo, Norway
When playing vanilla: L96a1
When playing SF (Navy Seals/SAS): M95
When playing SF (rest of the bunch) SVD, 'cause of quick fire rate.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard