Aleko
+16|6580
Hey guys, so many times I look up to see what the hell just killed me and there is some number or letters that don't necessarily make sense, so....

I thought I would post my list of every weapon/vehicle etc you can get killed by in BF2.  I took a while to compile but I think I have everything on the list except, 'Team killed' which is obvious and 'Killed' which is a generic splash damage death.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 … List-1.jpg

UPDATED LIST SINCE ORIGINAL POST (7/11/07),

-added stationary weapon designations
-added Carbine for china special forces kit   (can't believe i missed this one)
-changed spelling error on SRAW    (oh well not like spell would have caught it)
-renamed some of the weapon descriptions

Last edited by Aleko (2007-07-11 17:34:56)

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6703

Aleko wrote:

If you like the list and it helps you, hook me up with some karma, I am very low because I don't post that much.
Not a good idea asking for karma.

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2007-07-10 17:23:30)

Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6646|7th level of hell

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Aleko wrote:

If you like the list and it helps you, hook me up with some karma, I am very low because I don't post that much.
Not a good idea asking for karma.
too bad theres no more negs huh PSP? :0

Last edited by Zilla (2007-07-10 17:25:26)

Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6484|Trondheim, Norway
To bad I've knew exact what weapon I get killed with in SF and vanilla for a really to high amount of time, exept when it's killed/tk, but the I can often guess quite easy...

And asking for karma is the worst way to get it ...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6683|Middle of nowhere
isn't that like... every possible weapon/vehicle in BF2/SF?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6485|Somewhere else

you don't have [LADDER] on there....
chittydog
less busy
+586|6840|Kubra, Damn it!

Nobody likes people who ask for karma, but you obviously put some work into this. +1 for the effort.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6734|Michigan, USA
I usually use localization files so I know what i was killed with. =]
Aleko
+16|6580

RoosterCantrell wrote:

There are a very very few that are unique that I see every blue moon.  Getting killed with 'Grappling Hook' is one that very rare and is almost impossible to repeat.  Usually things like 'Ladder' and 'Grappling Hook' are errors that are given because that is what the player/victim is on when they get a kill with say a claymore.

chittydog wrote:

Nobody likes people who ask for karma, but you obviously put some work into this. +1 for the effort.
Thanks chittydog, I figured that out quick based off the first few posts, which is why I edited and deleted that line.  I may be a veteran player, but on this forum, I'm still a noob poster
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6407|dm_maidenhead

RoosterCantrell wrote:

If it said [ladder] would you really need to consult a list too see what killed you?
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6598|Lexington, Kentucky
You forgot the 120MM GUN that pops up occasionally.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6386|the land of bourbon
i've seen [AIM-9 SIDEWINDER] when i was in the f-15
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Aleko
+16|6580

Anfidurl wrote:

You forgot the 120MM GUN that pops up occasionally.

steelie34 wrote:

i've seen [AIM-9 SIDEWINDER] when i was in the f-15
I have seen the '120MM GUN' message before, but can't seem to ever be able to recreate the message.  I believe this is because the message is an error, which is why I don't have it on the list.

If someone can tell me how to consistently get one of these killed messages please let me know how you did it.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6234|NSW, Australia

the only thing that i sometimes get mixed up is the NJ2024 or whatever, the chinese jeep thingo and their shotty
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6752|The United Center
The "120MM GUN" thing isn't an error.  It's the name of the exact weapon that killed you.  When you're killed by a jet, it's not actually the jet doing the killing...it's the missile, gun, or bombs.  Every once in a while, the name of that exact weapon will pop up instead of "J10" or what have you.

It happens rarely...but it happens.
Ricerckt93
+69|6658
A lot of those are "WAY TOO FAMILIAR!"

I guess I die too often.

But there were a lot I never paid much attention to.

You definitely put some time in to it.

Nice Job.
san4
The Mas
+311|6693|NYC, a place to live
Your list is missing KORD. I forgot what it is, but it's in my sig.

Edit: Also there's a typo: it's SRAW, not SPRAW.

Last edited by san4 (2007-07-11 06:50:11)

sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6490|UK
KORD is the HMG used on the MEC vehicles

the glitch occurs when the projectile hits after the user has left the vehicle iirc

so you fire a tank shell bail, it hits and kills you get the 120mm / 125mm kill message

imo, it'd be better if it said like 20mm cobra when the cannon killed you, and hydra cobra when the missiles kill you etc. would have been a nice touch
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6570|Area 51
You forgot Hydra 70.

Once popped up when I was flying the Apache on Ghost Town.
sars99
supporter of mindless violence
+33|6490|UK
theres loads of weapons that rarely come up but could be there...
l41e
+677|6653

ThomasMorgan wrote:

The "120MM GUN" thing isn't an error.  It's the name of the exact weapon that killed you.  When you're killed by a jet, it's not actually the jet doing the killing...it's the missile, gun, or bombs.  Every once in a while, the name of that exact weapon will pop up instead of "J10" or what have you.

It happens rarely...but it happens.
I'm pretty sure it happens when you shoot, say, the Abrams' 120mm, and then bail out before it hits and kills someone. Not sure, though.
Casartelli
No skills, just luck
+14|6155|The Netherlands
L96A1 is a sniper rifle from SF, not EF
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6570|Area 51

Casartelli wrote:

L96A1 is a sniper rifle from SF, not EF
Then how come it isn't in SF? It came with a patch which gave us two guns from EF, L96A1 + P90.
Drexel
+43|6481|Philadelphia
Here's a riddle for ya...

What killed you when you get a  []  kill message???  (I've answered this in previous posts)
CruZ4dR
Cereal Killer
+145|6661|The View From The Afternoon
I believe you forgot [PARACHUTE]

https://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4526/screen189xo9.jpg

Last edited by CruZ4dR (2007-07-11 07:45:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard