Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
Wow, do we suck. Here we are comparing two Superpowers (during the 1980's) via a movie...made with movie clips. While both films are very well made and have a great deal of theatrical presence they are both just movies. While I have never seen the movie "9 platoon" I can compare it, via the clips in the forums here, as an equal to the film "Saving Private Ryan" while "Jarhead" is more of a stereotypical view of the gulf war seen through the eyes of a confused young man. Now, all I have to do is find me a copy of "9 platoon" with English subs as that movie looks very very good indeed.
ChrisHXZS
+4|6633|England

a55inatorsbiatch wrote:

no, we had more nukes
wrong again, USSR always had more nukes than USA, in fact there were more nukes stationed in Ukraine than USA had total.

But like it has been said before its irrelevant, because nobody would ever win, total annihilation was only outcome.
Lol where did you get those figures from bullshit is the word.
Nope USA had more thats a harcore fact coming straight out of the books.
Sorry your really wrong who told you that btw your grandpa from Ukraine? lol

Last edited by ChrisHXZS (2007-07-10 03:23:14)

blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
Read a history book to learn great detail about the facts instead of watching some video which any idiot can make
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

USA won. Get over it.
ya they wow a LONG time ago.
Commie Killer
+192|6388

ChrisHXZS wrote:

a55inatorsbiatch wrote:

no, we had more nukes
wrong again, USSR always had more nukes than USA, in fact there were more nukes stationed in Ukraine than USA had total.

But like it has been said before its irrelevant, because nobody would ever win, total annihilation was only outcome.
Russia had more, the ICBM's they were on werent as accurate though.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … kpiles.svg
Who would win the ground war? It would be close as hell, especially have tactical nukes weren't involved. The Warsaw pact had numbers, NATO had technology. As long as the sea lanes were kept open and the US was able to supply Europe then NATO would come out the winner, if you think nuclear war has a winner.

And may I suggest you improve your grammar, if you're from England then English should be your first language. I really dont understand what you are saying in these posts, I pretty much took a guess as to what you were saying.

Last edited by Commie Killer (2007-07-10 09:35:49)

ChrisHXZS
+4|6633|England

Commie Killer wrote:

ChrisHXZS wrote:

a55inatorsbiatch wrote:

Who would win the ground war? It would be close as hell, especially have tactical nukes weren't involved. The Warsaw pact had numbers, NATO had technology. As long as the sea lanes were kept open and the US was able to supply Europe then NATO would come out the winner, if you think nuclear war has a winner.

And may I suggest you improve your grammar, if you're from England then English should be your first language. I really dont understand what you are saying in these posts, I pretty much took a guess as to what you were saying.
Hmm um no Russia did not have mroe read the history books rtard.
FFS fuckign nuubs read some history they the US had more money and a fuck load more nukes the missile gap did not exist for those rtarded Americans.
jesus get a brain.

EDIT my emglish is fine retard.

Last edited by ChrisHXZS (2007-07-10 09:57:28)

DeathBecomesYu
+171|6180
LOLOLOL....people are actually debating about who WOULD have won a war between USSR and the USA in the 80's......ROTFLOL!!!!!!!
OMG...seriously...who really knows what would have happened and it is ridiculous to waste your breathe fighting about it. By the way, that movie was so biased and ignorant that it made me laugh, it has to be a joke. I stopped watching it half way through. Seriously though....argue about something more relevant than this....Im still LOLOLOL that people would be fighting over "what ifs" from the 80's.
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6457|the guy in the hind on gator

ChrisHXZS wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

ChrisHXZS wrote:

FFS fuckign nuubs read some history they the US had more money and a fuck load more nukes the missile gap did not exist for those rtarded Americans.
jesus get a brain.

you know what, you sound 10 by calling him all those names, he is not talking smack which shows his matturity, and if you read in some book that the u.s had more then you can beleive that. but i agree with the other guy that  russia had way more nukes, but they were weaker or something and were not as accurate.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
US vs Russia?  read about the MAD treaty, and you'll find your answers there.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6152|Some Pub in Valletta

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

First off I just found that movie on youtube, followed some Forgotten Hope 2 videos. I'm pretty sure some one made it as a joke. Stop flaming at me.
I'm not  going to wrestle here who was the most powerfully in the world, but consider this before fall of USSR every male at age 18 had to serve in the army. Given size of the country and its population the size of armed forces. Ground war would of been won sheerly by numbers.
America has a greater population than Russia.
Not true USSR was no 3 when it existed... USA is currently no 3 after china and india of course.
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6152|Some Pub in Valletta

ChrisHXZS wrote:

a55inatorsbiatch wrote:

no, we had more nukes

He's right check you're facts the USSR had more nukes on total account....
Depending at  which time you mean, the start or end of cold war....
At the start U.S had more and in the end, at the time of the events of these movies you're debating, the USSR had a lot more.

Last edited by xXCortoMalteseXx (2007-07-10 10:49:13)

ShaitanArba
+1|6145|Moscow, Russia
My grandfather, who was at Afghani war for 8 of 10 years says that this film is completely rubbish.

Oneill is right, but partially. There was an army training in the school, but now it is abrogated.

In fact, the majority of posts in this thread is telling me something that sounds like 'we rule, you suck'. If you think so, than uncover some facts verifying your opinions.

Population of USA at the moment is about 310,000,000? population of Russian Federation in 2002 was about 145 165 000, population of USSR in 1989 was 285 742 511.

Amount of armed nukes is known only by the Departments of Defense and Intelligence, so don't tell me who has more nukes.

USA had left the MissileDefense treaty.
imortal
+240|6666|Austin, TX

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

First off I just found that movie on youtube, followed some Forgotten Hope 2 videos. I'm pretty sure some one made it as a joke. Stop flaming at me.
I'm not  going to wrestle here who was the most powerfully in the world, but consider this before fall of USSR every male at age 18 had to serve in the army. Given size of the country and its population the size of armed forces. Ground war would of been won sheerly by numbers.
Except they were given nearly NO training, since they were only conscripts and kept in the army for a couple years.  They did not even learn to use a radio until they were made an NCO, and they actually had to enlist to stay in to do that.  Not all of their troops even had SOCKS. And their tanks rediness rates sucked, though we did not know that then.

I met a couple Russian artillery officers visting our FA battery in Bosnia in 1996 during a live fire excersise.  After speaking with them (through a translator) I lost all fear of Russian artillery.  Their idea of accuracy was orders of magnatude behind ours.

The US troops were better trained, had better equipment, and had equipment designed from the outset to counter the larger soviet numbers.  Maybe they still would have overrun Germany through the Fulda Gap.  It would not have been a cakewalk.  Not as easy as you would make it seem, however.

But, then again, why do you think the US created medium range nukes? Nuclear artillery shells?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

If you want to base debate on movies, try WarGames.
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6639|Amsterdam, NY

ChrisHXZS wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

ChrisHXZS wrote:

jesus get a brain.

fail
CDK3Y
+25|6140|BEHIND YOU!

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Discuss

BTW Ive seen Russian movie. It called "9 platoon" And have to say from all of guys who where in that platoon only one survived.
teh movie is not based fully on facts, in real life, the platoon saw little combat and only lost 6 men
CDK3Y
+25|6140|BEHIND YOU!
if you want to see an unbiased movie about Russians getting owned. watch "Chistilishe" which mean Purgatory, bloody uncensored movie about the first Chechen war
PsychoKillers
Walking Sniper, Hidden Claymore
+11|6605
Nice biased video you scum bag
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can
Wtf was that. Worst video ever.
CDK3Y
+25|6140|BEHIND YOU!
the USSR collapsed , because the USSR wasted all their money on the army and didnt give a shit about their people
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

fitz8402 wrote:

WTF was that crap fest.  What are a couple clips from B movies supposed to prove.  The US is still around, the USSR isnt.  Sounds like 1-0 USA to me.
/Agree
/post of the year
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6645

CDK3Y wrote:

the USSR collapsed , because the USSR wasted all their money on the army and didnt give a shit about their people
oh and communism just doesnt work.
*TA* Jhanfosho
+0|6168|Beaumont, TX
oneill if you really think Jarhead is real then wow. You my friend just made my day. oh and who is the USSR? yea point proven.

p.s. you dont see us making fun of canada so post some facts next time kthanks
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6491|Menlo Park, CA
What an absolute waste of video. . . . .
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6562
Funny on so many levels.....................

Is this really D&ST material?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard