Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6725

teamorange wrote:

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

I am worried about the future cuz the US keeps fighting in Iraq
compare Iraq to Vietnam, we somewhat made it out of Vietnam fine.
I wouldn't even say somewhat fine... Vietnam was a failure, kinda like Korea.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

CameronPoe wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Tell me now. I want to know why European governments and certain people in Europe are so goddamned concerned about The United States of America? A nation that lies several thousands of miles away from European  territory. Enlighten me. The plethora of “ The United States of America sucks“  threads at the moment is mind-boggling - I haven't seen anything about The United States of America on the TV for a while so I can only imagine that European TV is bombarding its citizens with propaganda to legitimize more Anti-American action. Let's remember that The United States of America is a democracy in North America which whilst being an Multi Cultural Society  is remarkably progressive, with female politicians, doctors, lawyers, a highly educated middle class and the freedom to practice any religions and none are enshrined in their legal systems. Before you post please scan your response for any inherent double standards please. Notable things to keep in mind: Any country that can match  The United States of America’s contributions to the world.
I wouldn't limit it to Europe. I'd say most of the world outside of the United Stats are goddamned concerned by the US. The reasons include the following:

USA doesn't mind its own fucking business internationally and projects its power - politically, financially and militarily - unnecessarily, unwantedly, and very often hypocritically, into the affairs of countries far, far away from the US. If it minded its own business and stuck to fair principles of global capitalism and toned down the unnecessary violence and economic imperialism/rape then the world wouldn't be half as concerned as it is with the US.

Think the USSR. The world used to fear them projecting their power unwantedly across the globe. The world now fears the US in this regard, especially since the counter balance is gone. When the US fades into obscurity we'll begin to fear China I'm sure (circa 30 years from now).

I hope this answers your question. I don't think there are any double standards in there but check for yourself...
you dint notice?  I just used your post on Iran and changed it to USA. rotflmaofh
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6363

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

teamorange wrote:

suomalainen_äijä wrote:

I am worried about the future cuz the US keeps fighting in Iraq
compare Iraq to Vietnam, we somewhat made it out of Vietnam fine.
I wouldn't even say somewhat fine... Vietnam was a failure, kinda like Korea.
how do you figure korea was a failure ?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
I'm into 'all things US' primarily for NASCAR and Politics. Racing here is F1, which is fine! But NASCAR is just so much more exciting! Also, UK politics really suck - whereas US politics do not.

That's why I am into America.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6498|Gogledd Cymru

Kyle how the hell is racing round an oval circuit better than F1 ?

Watch motogp its better than both of them.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Nah nah you've got it all wrong, the Red Bull Air Race people.
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6499|Menlo Park, CA
blah blah blah blah blah. . . . .

Everybody is on our jock cause we are number one! They want to emulate what America has. . . . America has the mojo now, and Europe is stuck cause they arent the "big nuts on the block" like they used to be!!!

USA has its faults just like any other country, but we are scrutinized more due to the fact that we can project our will on anyone, anytime, anywhere (economically, militarily etc.)!! That scares people, yet they dont realize that America is Europe's friend! We are a humble country for the most part, its the scattered few people that give the USA a bad name globally. . . . .

The bottom line is Europe is jealous cause we took their title as number one. . . .nothing personal guys, its just your soft now due to over political correctness, and your inability to make decisive decisions in regards to politics, economics and military force "when needed". . . .America doesnt have that problem!
Cyruz_PT
+0|6521
USA politics are very very fun just by the fact that they have a moron as a president
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6764|United States of America
I almost decided to add something positive or intriguing to this thread, but decided also, that it wasn't worth the effort required to put it forth. For that matter, I just wasted energy on this.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

fadedsteve wrote:

Everybody is on our jock cause we are number one! They want to emulate what America has. . . . America has the mojo now, and Europe is stuck cause they arent the "big nuts on the block" like they used to be!!!

USA has its faults just like any other country, but we are scrutinized more due to the fact that we can project our will on anyone, anytime, anywhere (economically, militarily etc.)!! That scares people, yet they dont realize that America is Europe's friend! We are a humble country for the most part, its the scattered few people that give the USA a bad name globally. . . . .

The bottom line is Europe is jealous cause we took their title as number one. . . .nothing personal guys, its just your soft now due to over political correctness, and your inability to make decisive decisions in regards to politics, economics and military force "when needed". . . .America doesnt have that problem!
Typical. "WE'RE THE FUCKING BEST THAT'S WHY"

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6499|Menlo Park, CA

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.
Truth hurts. . . . the key is not being butthurt about it!!

Unfortunatly, Europe cant get over the truth of the matter/situation. So they bash us CONSTANTLY and act like children bitching and moaning about what the USA does all the time.  It grows tiresome. . . . .I am not saying we are the greatest fuckers alive, I am just saying we take care of our shit, are successful, and have a workable/liveable way of life.  That way of life is envy'd by some people/countries. . . .
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.
Im sure I've seen this post before, right?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6564

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Tell me now. I want to know why European governments and certain people in Europe are so goddamned concerned about The United States of America? A nation that lies several thousands of miles away from European  territory. Enlighten me. The plethora of “ The United States of America sucks“  threads at the moment is mind-boggling - I haven't seen anything about The United States of America on the TV for a while so I can only imagine that European TV is bombarding its citizens with propaganda to legitimize more Anti-American action. Let's remember that The United States of America is a democracy in North America which whilst being an Multi Cultural Society  is remarkably progressive, with female politicians, doctors, lawyers, a highly educated middle class and the freedom to practice any religions and none are enshrined in their legal systems. Before you post please scan your response for any inherent double standards please. Notable things to keep in mind: Any country that can match  The United States of America’s contributions to the world.
I wouldn't limit it to Europe. I'd say most of the world outside of the United Stats are goddamned concerned by the US. The reasons include the following:

USA doesn't mind its own fucking business internationally and projects its power - politically, financially and militarily - unnecessarily, unwantedly, and very often hypocritically, into the affairs of countries far, far away from the US. If it minded its own business and stuck to fair principles of global capitalism and toned down the unnecessary violence and economic imperialism/rape then the world wouldn't be half as concerned as it is with the US.

Think the USSR. The world used to fear them projecting their power unwantedly across the globe. The world now fears the US in this regard, especially since the counter balance is gone. When the US fades into obscurity we'll begin to fear China I'm sure (circa 30 years from now).

I hope this answers your question. I don't think there are any double standards in there but check for yourself...
you dint notice?  I just used your post on Iran and changed it to USA. rotflmaofh
Of course I noticed. So I decided to respond with a regular answer to the question. What did you want me to do? Whine about what you did? You know fine well that I'm not so imbecilic as to not recognise my own post... I hope my answer explained things thoroughly for you.

I find it humbling that you would copy a tactic of mine - I assume you got the idea from the thread I created replacing the word 'Iran' with the word 'USA' in the thread StingRay24 created about regime change in Iran...

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-07-09 01:56:56)

Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

M.O.A.B wrote:

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.
Im sure I've seen this post before, right?
Yes, you've seen it before.

It's because some people simply don't get the message. I'm sorry, but that post quoted is nothing more than a 'America is the best!' piece of drivel.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

fadedsteve wrote:

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.

Unfortunatly, Europe cant get over the truth of the matter/situation. So they bash us CONSTANTLY and act like children bitching and moaning about what the USA does all the time.  It grows tiresome. . . . .I am not saying we are the greatest fuckers alive, I am just saying we take care of our shit, are successful, and have a workable/liveable way of life.  That way of life is envy'd by some people/countries. . . .
Many European countries that "bash you" have higher standards of life than you...

Hmm....
~ Richard Feynman
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6158|Scotland
I wonder why people are so obsessed in this forum to keep making the same topics with slight changes. Also- the word obsessed is used waaay too often in this forum.
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

I wonder why people are so obsessed in this forum to keep making the same topics with slight changes. Also- the word obsessed is used waaay too often in this forum.
Ah... but this is DST!
~ Richard Feynman
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6158|Scotland

Spark wrote:

Bruce-SuperNub wrote:

Ah... but this is DST!
Too true.
l41e
+677|6657

fadedsteve wrote:

Everybody is on our jock cause we are number one!

fadedsteve wrote:

I am not saying we are the greatest fuckers alive,
Number one does not mean greatest?
PureFodder
+225|6294

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Spark wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.

Many European countries that "bash you" have higher standards of life than you...

Hmm....
The US is the biggest because they just happen to be the biggest western nation. There you go, case closed. On the individual level, Americans actually have relatively low literacy, social care and quality of life compaired to many European nations.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6655
America rocks your socks. Thats why.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6299|Éire

fadedsteve wrote:

Spark wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

GET.
THE.
FUCK.
OVER.
YOURSELVES.

If that is the real reason then why has 'USA bashing' increased so dramatically since the beginning of the Bush regime? You've been 'big nuts on the block' since WWII ended.
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6577|Oxford

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

It's not so much concern as outright disbelief. With so much going for you why is it the US and it's government are a laughing stock. Your people are considered fat and stupid and your government incompetent and aggressive. Europe on the other hand is admired worldwide in pretty much every respect. You have a long way to go. 

Saying that though we shouldn't expect too much from such a young nation. You'll learn, just like Europe did.
logitech487
+16|6412|From The State Of Taxes
Europeans are still mad at the U.S. for intervening in WWII , they all wanted to have a common  language [ german] and central government run by Hitler . I agree we can learn form Europe many things like when a third world country is in need of aid after a natural disaster not to do anything and to sell nuclear reactors to anyone .
Spark
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

logitech487 wrote:

Europeans are still mad at the U.S. for intervening in WWII , they all wanted to have a common  language [ german] and central government run by Hitler . I agree we can learn form Europe many things like when a third world country is in need of aid after a natural disaster not to do anything and to sell nuclear reactors to anyone .
What?!

Where on earth did you pull this from?!
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard