Nakamp
+25|6191|Czech Republic
about 5€ in the Czech Republic
Agradhan
+26|6276|Sweden

Nakamp wrote:

about 5€ in the Czech Republic
You got cheap but great beer in Prague (Praha) to! 0.5 $-1$ for a pint! Cheap and nice country to visit! I recommend it!
confused
+10|6391|British Columbia
Last movie I watched in the theatre was Matrix III.  $14!!  I can't imagine the price has gone down in the intervening years.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6639|Sweden
I payed around 100SKR here in Sweden to see transformers.

100SKR is $14,60
SoC./Omega
+122|6538|Omaha, Nebraska!
7$ in Nebraska
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6172|sverige
14$
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
I'm surprised they don't search everyone in the theater to make sure they aren't bringing in there own food & drinks! I have tons of shit all the time so I don't have to deal with their over priced snacks & drinks. The cost of the movie is why you only see the really good shit on the big screen. $9.50 here.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

geNius wrote:

I generally go to Irvine Spectrum for Dave & Buster's and the Yardhouse.  Alcohol > movies.
Yeah, here this guy is complaining about movies being expensive.  Five minutes after walking into D&B's I'm out $50.  Yardhouse isn't as bad, and at least they have some great beers on tap (Rogue, Firestone, Fat Tire, etc).  Don't even get me started on Fox Sports Grill...

I remember when movies were $3.50.  It's all about going to Regal Cinemas in Foothill Ranch and getting the student discount (at 26).
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6637
I pay 3 bucks for a ticket. Nubs.
golgoj4
+51|6771|North Hollywood
I go to the Arclight Cinemas in Hollywood to see almost all my movies. Its like $14 or some crap. Expensive, yes but they throw in some perks to balance it out. No commercials at all. No annoying music or pre-advertising. Can choose your seats when you buy your tickers, comfy seats @ that. And they have 21 and older shows + alcohol. Nice for seeing things like transformers without kids.

woohoo arclight.
williedyna
+7|6642
$9 in Buffalo NY.

The funny thing is the theaters make nothing off of the ticket sales.   And the movie industry will claim the reason that prices are so high is the fact that some many people are downloading/stealing movies.  Though here in the states and western Europe they make pretty solid money, meaning the sales figures are accurate.  But in the rest of the world little or none of the money makes it back from the distributors.  Effectively the studios need to make all of their money from the states and western Europe.  So basically your $10-$15 a ticket is paying for someone in Kazakhstan to get the opportunity to watch Transformers.  And here you never thought you did anything for anybody, pat yourself on the back.

Last edited by williedyna (2007-07-09 10:35:58)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

golgoj4 wrote:

And they have 21 and older shows + alcohol. Nice for seeing things like transformers without kids.

woohoo arclight.
What a great idea.  I remember reading an interview in Forbes with an executive of AT&T talking about the next generation of TV, etc.  He made the point that a lot of people turn down the cinema for the comfort of their own home theatre systems.  He hypothesized that in the near future Cinemas will have to sell an experience to bring people in.  Like a dinner/movie type of thing.

Sounds like Arclight is already on the ball.  And you don't even have to sneak the booze in either...
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6721|Doncaster, England
It's about the same here in England,  £5 a ticket

1.00 GBP = 2.01527 USD
J][gga
+8|6650
$0...  Download whore spotted...
A12345
+77|6467

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

geNius wrote:

I generally go to Irvine Spectrum for Dave & Buster's and the Yardhouse.  Alcohol > movies.
Yeah, here this guy is complaining about movies being expensive.  Five minutes after walking into D&B's I'm out $50.  Yardhouse isn't as bad, and at least they have some great beers on tap (Rogue, Firestone, Fat Tire, etc).  Don't even get me started on Fox Sports Grill...

I remember when movies were $3.50.  It's all about going to Regal Cinemas in Foothill Ranch and getting the student discount (at 26).
Yeah regal cinemas where im a student but never got an id made. Its just as bad as the spectrum at about $10. *in old timers voice* i remember when tickets were $3.75, you brought $4 to go see your movie and then use the $.25 to buy a soda from the machine which now cost $.50
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6483|UK
£8 near me, around $16 USD i guess
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

A12345 wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

geNius wrote:

Yeah regal cinemas where im a student but never got an id made. Its just as bad as the spectrum at about $10. *in old timers voice* i remember when tickets were $3.75, you brought $4 to go see your movie and then use the $.25 to buy a soda from the machine which now cost $.50
Back in those days people didn't call it soda, it was called "Pop".
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641

SealXo wrote:

And do you know what that does to most kids without jobs?
makes em go out and find jobs?
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6721|Doncaster, England

Mong0ose wrote:

£8 near me, around $16 USD i guess
Where do you live, somewhere posh?   
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6713

chittydog wrote:

I'm gonna sound old here, but when I first started going to the movies (without my parents) it was $3. I remember being pissed when they went up to $3.25, cuz I had one less quarter to blow in the arcade.
When i was kid it was $1.25... lol...  saw Jaws and Star Wars when it first came out
Love is the answer
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6753|United States of America

SealXo wrote:

I went to go see transformers last night, and i've always gone to this theatre since it opened. First 7 then 750, then 8 and so on and now its FUCKING 10.50.

And do you know what that does to most kids without jobs?

BREAKS MY DAMN BALLS!

>.<
I mean, the Irvine Spectrum is FUCKING LIKE 11.50+ for a fucking movie, then if you're an obese bastard you need a small drink (let me mention mostly of huge chunks of ice) and a popcorn. Well fuck theres 10 more dollars right there when I could have gone to In-and-out for 5 dollars (a full meal).

Don't even fucking start me on IMAX films. My nuts might explode?

Maybe if they didn't cost so FUCKING MUCH 'people' wouldn't be downloading movies. Stupid bastards.

I'm sorry but I'm just pissed off when I have to spend 30 bucks every time I want to go to the movies every night.

So is it like this everywhere?
I go to the Irvine Spectrum every now and then. But I prefer Fashion Island, the Edwards there. Only because it's closer.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6593|Michigan, USA
My local MJR has a deal where it cost you $4 to see any movie given it during the time of the offer(dont see movies much, my neighbor goes there all the time with her kids) but generally its $8 around, I could go rent out half of my local rental place with that much, and have a much better time.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Its about £5-£6 at my local, that's without the drinks and food, £5 for a small popcorn and bottle of water and £1.20 for a 500ml bottle of coke. That's why I smuggle in food . Besides half the time I don't know why I bother to buy a ticket, there's hardly ever anyone to check you've got one.
Home
Section.80
+447|6845|Seattle, Washington, USA

About 8-10$, 7$ if you go matinee or get a student discount (which I do). Then you smuggle in your own snacks and drinks. And I'm thinking about trying to sneak in by saying that I used Fandango because the Fandango booth is in the lobby. Then I just don't go over to the Fandango booth, and boom, I got in free. They don't even have anyone at the doors of the little theaters.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

I live in Anaheim and there's this cheap place near my house that's $4 before noon and $5 before 6pm. Then after 6pm I think it's only $6. And then I remember there's some other theater near me advertising $5 all day.

I don't go for all the fancy schmancy crap of nice seats and blah blah. As long as the screen is big and sound is good, everything will be ok for me. Plus I never buy food or drinks at the theater. If you do buy food/drinks and do go to one of the immense cinemas with tons of seating and 20+ theaters, it will cost you $15 to $20 a trip, which is a waste.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard