mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6246|Uk
broken sword is so good, it actually hurts.  who else has played them and which have you completed?

Me, ive played all 4, currently on 4 and have completed 1 2 and 3 many times

Edit: Also...Monkey Island kicks ass

Last edited by mkxiii (2007-07-05 12:31:49)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6246|Uk
Seriously...no ones played broken sword?
Evil_Apu
+40|6593|Denmark
That's a no.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6719|th3 unkn0wn
Nay!
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6571|Southampton, UK

negative.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6830|Belgium

Nope, haven't played all existing games I'm afraid.

Among adventures, to what does it compare?

R
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6499|Kamloops, BC Canada
Played broken sword 3... I think... Couldn't get my seatbelt undone at the very start of the game so I gave up and played a better game.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6664|Teesside, UK
yep I've got the first 3 and played the demo of the 4th but haven't got around to buying it yet.  All excellent games but its a shame they cant live up the the perfection of the first broken sword.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-07-09 08:23:55)

mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6246|Uk

crimson_grunt wrote:

yep I've got the first 3 and played the demo of the 4th but haven't got around to buying it yet.  All excellent games but its a shame they cant live up the the perfection of the first broken sword.
agreed, the first was the best, and went steadily downhill when it went 3D. i thought the 2nd did Shadow Of The Templars (1st) justice even though it wasnt as good as it.

Robin, they are similar to Monkey Island, Grim Fandango kinda games if youve played them, or Escape From Mysterious Island with added sarcasm in the speech
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6664|Teesside, UK

mkxiii wrote:

Robin, they are similar to Monkey Island, Grim Fandango kinda games if youve played them, or Escape From Mysterious Island with added sarcasm in the speech
Similar styles of games play but quite different styles to the lucasarts games.  I struggle to explain it but it less about comedy stories and more about combining elaborate historical mysteries with a modern day crime story with an added hint of mythology and humour.
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6246|Uk

crimson_grunt wrote:

mkxiii wrote:

Similar styles of games play but quite different styles to the lucasarts games.  I struggle to explain it but it less about comedy stories and more about combining elaborate historical mysteries with a modern day crime story with an added hint of mythology and humour.
thats a great way of putting it, the other games dont really worry to much about historical accuracy but Broken Sword adds another dimension which can be found as very interesting which is attempting to make the storylines link to historical events and have all the information correct.  The element of homour for Broken Sword is very much a tongue in cheek, sarcastic view of the proceedings as opposed to the more slapstick and cruder homour of the Monkey Island series

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard