Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6640|Washington, DC

chittydog wrote:

Has mitch ever had an original thought, or did he sit with glazed eyes until myspace came along and gave him stuff to repost and claim as his own?
He changed his username in an attempt to rebirth himself.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia

Ty wrote:

That is honestly idiotic, people can be against the war and still respect what soldiers are doing, (example #4.) I hate that notion that anyone who opposes the war also opposes the troops. It's stupid pro-war propaganda to make anyone who opposes war into a treasonist.

I have tremendous respect for anyone who has served and what you posted Dezert is true, but to use their suffering to further assist a regiem that forces them to suffer is idiotic.
QFE! Personally, I don't support the war. We shouldn't have gone in. But we're in now, so we can't just say "see ya"... Also, it's not like I wake up and think "some coalition troops have died overnight, awesome!". That would be fucking stupid.

Why don't people understand that not supporting the war doesn't mean I don't support the troops?

Also, can anyone provide a link to a myspace page with the OP word for word? If you can, I'll close it because:

BF2s Rule 20 wrote:

Plagiarism is not cool.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6580|Portland, OR, USA
That was pointless.

Anti war is not anti troop...
Hurricane
Banned

mcminty wrote:

Ty wrote:

That is honestly idiotic, people can be against the war and still respect what soldiers are doing, (example #4.) I hate that notion that anyone who opposes the war also opposes the troops. It's stupid pro-war propaganda to make anyone who opposes war into a treasonist.

I have tremendous respect for anyone who has served and what you posted Dezert is true, but to use their suffering to further assist a regiem that forces them to suffer is idiotic.
QFE! Personally, I don't support the war. We shouldn't have gone in. But we're in now, so we can't just say "see ya"... Also, it's not like I wake up and think "some coalition troops have died overnight, awesome!". That would be fucking stupid.

Why don't people understand that not supporting the war doesn't mean I don't support the troops?

Also, can anyone provide a link to a myspace page with the OP word for word? If you can, I'll close it because:

BF2s Rule 20 wrote:

Plagiarism is not cool.
http://www.google.com/search?q=He+clutc … =firefox-a

lol
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6404|The Gem Saloon
http://community.eons.com/groups/topic/ … A-Soldier-

SNAP!

edit: i usually dont take part in the mitch/gaygun bashing, but this time i couldnt resist.

Last edited by Parker (2007-07-08 21:57:31)

Hurricane
Banned

Parker wrote:

http://community.eons.com/groups/topic/159898-Thank-A-Soldier-

SNAP!
Since this topic is now null and void

I see you used my suggestion on a title
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6404|The Gem Saloon

Hurricane wrote:

Parker wrote:

http://community.eons.com/groups/topic/159898-Thank-A-Soldier-

SNAP!
Since this topic is now null and void

I see you used my suggestion on a title
i did.
thank you for that.....karma.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

Hurricane wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Has mitch ever had an original thought, or did he sit with glazed eyes until myspace came along and gave him stuff to repost and claim as his own?
He changed his username in an attempt to rebirth himself.
Too bad. I preferred the old version.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6289

chittydog wrote:

The hippies were idiots. Don't you think we've progressed in the last 40 years? Nobody's going to protest against the soldiers (except that one fucked up church). If they were, they would have done it years ago.
Besides the fact that there's really no concrete evidence that such things were common or even happened at all. Especially in light of the fact that the anti-war crowd were the first ones to reach out to help the vets while the right-wingers scorned them as losers for being beaten by what the armchair generals considered to be an inferior military force. There was a book written that explored the various tales about soldiers being spit on/assaulted when they returned from Vietnam but I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. Suffice to say they couldn't find any first-hand documentation of it happening, just the "a friend of a friend of mine got spit on by hippies" urban-legend-type anecdotes. Fair to middling chance that it was simply crafted to drive a wedge between anti-war protestors and veterans, which unfortunately worked very well and is now regarded as historical fact by many.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6595|Seattle
So the miserable experience of the soldier is reason alone to perpetuate war. You are either a sociopath or incapable of critical thinking. I'll admit that its entertaining to consider the amount of time you put into such a substanceless piece of propaganda.
Darkavian000
+5|6540|Illinois
You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

I'm sorry, I respect all the soldiers out there enduring what most of us wouldn't, I have many family and friends who have served or are still serving, but in all reality they are not fighting for any rights that we have here at home. Our basic rights as Americans were fought for and were won by our ancestors. They are not protecting us here at home because the government is doing a shitty job at locating and stopping those who would or even could do harm to us here. The soldiers on foreign soil right now are fighting for nothing that has to do with us over here.

Yes, its a good thing we went over there to overthrow a tyrant, but we should have pulled out in due time. That time has passed and soldiers are dying over there needlessly. I say we either pull our troops out now or actually do something about the problem instead of trying to get another country to defend themselves while we get caught in the crossfire.

Not to belittle the topic creator or anything but it just irks me when people use the defence that our soldiers are dying over there for our rights when that is not the case. Don't fool yourselves by thinking we are in any grave danger here and that our military is defending us. The only country that poses any threat to the United States is the United States.
Flakturnal
+21|6451|Perth,WA
Not quite "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori", though a good read all the same.

Mitch wrote:

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
"Yes son, God loves marines. That's why he blows them up into little pieces all the time"
-Henry Rollins
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6656|Peoria

Mitch wrote:

don't support the troops shirt
Such a thing exists?
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6289

Elamdri wrote:

Mitch wrote:

don't support the troops shirt
Such a thing exists?
Only in the demented imaginations of people who equate dissent with treason.

It's a hell of a lot easier to find right-wing paraphernalia that advocates violence against those who disagree with them politically.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6529|Πάϊ
Boohoo cry me a fucking river.
ƒ³
David.P
Banned
+649|6284

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Suffice to say they couldn't find any first-hand documentation of it happening, just the "a friend of a friend of mine got spit on by hippies" urban-legend-type anecdotes.
It may have not been as big as people make it out to be but it still happened.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6790|Great Brown North
hmm, nope still think war is bad, and yet i still support the troops... OMG PARADOX!!!1111oneoneone
Ruckel
Ruckel for all!
+43|6185|sverige
HAHA cry me a river
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6664|Teesside, UK
@ OP If that is supposed to make me feel guilty for being against war then it failed.  I'll remain solidly against any war when there is still many options of diplomacy left to explore.  Iraq was one of them.

I respect all soldiers who are willing to make the sacrifices they do for their country but I despise all politicians whose knee jerk reactions waste these soldiers lives for bullshit reasons like earning a fast buck or because their pride was hurt.

Personally being pro diplomacy i figure I'm supporting my troops more than pro war crowd who are happy for soldiers to risk their life every time some idiot running another country insults their pride by bad mouthing their country.  People say things you'll disagree with in life.  Get over it.  Its not worth other people dieing over because it pisses you off and dents your pride.

Last edited by crimson_grunt (2007-07-09 06:13:06)

san4
The Mas
+311|6698|NYC, a place to live

David.Podedworny wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Suffice to say they couldn't find any first-hand documentation of it happening, just the "a friend of a friend of mine got spit on by hippies" urban-legend-type anecdotes.
Link to evidence?
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6639|The Netherlands

theit57 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Awesome +1
l41e
+677|6658

Mitch wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Sorry, how is this meant to make me think war is a good thing?
Because without out these men, the best countries would be over run by terrorists.
Troops aren't war. I doubt they like it either. You can dislike the war and respect soldiers/sailors/Marines/Air Force/USCG personnel.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6845|Kubra, Damn it!

san4 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

HunterOfSkulls wrote:

Link to evidence?
Remember that this is David. No proof is necessary, just make loud, angry declarations about things you heard in the lunch room at school.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6700|Tampa Bay Florida
I might be missing something, but I've never seen an "I don't support the troops" T-shirt.  Unless you're talking about anarchists...

Mitch, also, you might not know this, but there's a reason it's a volunteer military.  No offense meant but I wouldn't think much of a soldier who joins and then bitches about how other people get better physical treatment.

Last edited by Spearhead (2007-07-09 20:05:14)

geNius
..!.,
+144|6452|SoCal

Spearhead wrote:

I might be missing something, but I've never seen an "I don't support the troops" T-shirt.  Unless you're talking about anarchists...

Mitch, also, you might not know this, but there's a reason it's a volunteer military.  No offense meant but I wouldn't think much of a soldier who joins and then bitches about how other people get better physical treatment.
We should all take pride in what our troops do, but I don't lose any sleep over them facing hardships that are associated with their job.  No one was drafted; they all signed right up.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard