Jainus
+30|6573|Herts, UK
Its good to know that i'm not alone!!

I've had nothing but "theres a problem..." messages since the patch and i'm now lucky to see more than 5mins of gameplay before the whole thing dies. I've tried the fixes that have been posted on the BF2s forums and on the others (thanx to all those people who have posted the fixes) but still no change.

I don't hate EA; its beyond that. I've now given up with BF2 until the next patch (if there is one with BF2142 on the way. Isn't that a coincidence...) as its completely pointless to try and play as it is.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK
Agreed, I was beginning to think I had big probs.

Hopefully EA will sort all this out soon. I never used to get lag or any disconnects, now I'm just getting frustrated.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6545|EUtopia | Austria
Actually, I also suffer from random disconnects since the latest patch. Though, I found out that servers get rebooted very often these days, as it seems. Still, being kicked all the time, not being able to play more than 2-3 rounds straight, definitely sucks.

PS @ Vintageologist: Are you possibly also experiencing disconnects from the internet while not playing Battlefield? (My provider, at least, can't grant me the permanent connection they praise in their advertisement...)
thedoo2
Eluded Fate
+20|6541|Texas
I'm getting booted back to Desktop more than I am getting the...."Message".  I think I've had one time where I was disconnected.  I just figured it was the server rebooting.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
i get desktop crash... b4 this doesnt occur and now its starting to occur
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
pudpuller
+2|6560
thanks to this new shitty patch i get kicked about 20 times a day, this game in now so fuck up, thanks ea for such a crap patch and ruining this game 4 me and all
krug
+1|6573|Tromsø, Norway

thedoo2 wrote:

I'm getting booted back to Desktop more than I am getting the...."Message".  I think I've had one time where I was disconnected.  I just figured it was the server rebooting.
Same as me then. I've seen the "Message" twice, and that happened when our server crashed.. (great patch btw!! ) Getting crashed to desktop so often nowadays that I am unable to play a whole round......
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6761|Dallas
Please report all problems concerning 1.3 here.
zyphlus
+8|6753
yup alomost twice as much as pre-1.3
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6669|Australia
Let me tell you a story.

I was playing a 1/2 to 1/4 full wake last night i was going for my expert support, I'm cruising along and with 39 kills and 41 tickets left(opposition) and I crashed to desktop. At this stage you didn't want to be in the same room as me.

I managed to get started up again, i clicked the join game button, and enter with 14 tickets left.  I spawn at beach, and sprint like a mother fucker, by the time i get there there is 4 tickets left yet I haven't, come across 1 enemy soldier, bang a UAV overhead lights up one guy near the flag, I sprint and put numerous PKM rounds into his ass then.....

"Congratulations: you have been awarded expert Support"

What a moment to stick it up this fucked patch and its problems.

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-05-31 00:01:27)

Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6538|Washington
omg holy bullshit! I'm tired and wanted to play a few before i went to sleep so i load the game, go get something to drink, come back and hit enter to login, go out and have a smoke, come back and find a server and then wait some more, i click ready to join and them instead of loading in game it crashes to the desktop... well fuck this is annoying. so i try again sit here threw all the same crap and then go to join a server and the click to join and looks like I'm going to load into game then what happens... crash to the desktop again. is this going to get to the point where i just can play anymore ?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
Oddly enough, yes. Not anything to get too worked up over - just reconnect.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spider1980
#1 Commander
+92|6538|Washington
the only thing that really bothers me is how long it takes to load this game. i played EVE online and it takes less than 1 Min's to be fully loaded in the game from clicking the Start icon and 15000 people are playing on one server at the same time. BF2 takes about 5 Min's, thats 5 Min's i have to go find something to do or sit here staring at the floor until it loads...
thedoo2
Eluded Fate
+20|6541|Texas

Spider1980 wrote:

the only thing that really bothers me is how long it takes to load this game. i played EVE online and it takes less than 1 Min's to be fully loaded in the game from clicking the Start icon and 15000 people are playing on one server at the same time. BF2 takes about 5 Min's, thats 5 Min's i have to go find something to do or sit here staring at the floor until it loads...
5 minutes?????  Takes me right at 1, on a bad night.  I hope you're exagerating?
sting
+1|6585
OK THEN so how do we fix this issue ,also who can we contact to get on the game faster ,tiered of waiting soooooo long to get on ??????

Last edited by sting (2006-06-02 10:10:54)

Delphy
+45|6581|Bristol, UK
Boris, it's the patch, not people's pcs or setups.
Rumfuddle
+14|6714
Yeah, so 1.3 has pretty much killed the game for me too.  I spent 25 minutes last night crashing to desktop, never even got in a round.  Day before I managed to get in a couple rounds despite crashes to desktop, disconnects but yesterday NADA.  Also had the server crashes, blah blah blah.

So anyway, when is Quake Enemy Territory due out?  I guess I should dust off the copy of FEAR I've never played.
TheEvilCubivore
+1|6583

Stormscythe wrote:

Actually, I also suffer from random disconnects since the latest patch. Though, I found out that servers get rebooted very often these days, as it seems. Still, being kicked all the time, not being able to play more than 2-3 rounds straight, definitely sucks.
Yep, thats what seems to happen. Either that or the Server craps out but dosen't reboot.
Kronos
+0|6135
I had problems getting disconnected in BF2 after 30-45 mins of game play which turned out to be Daemon tools. When using the no cd patch with daemon this problem would happen, installed a newish version of Alcohol and problem solved ! :-)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard