blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
Here is the question and a comment.

Intel recommends that you have to use a front intake fan, while AMD does not recommend that you use or have a front intake fan their response is that it is unnecessary.

So where do you stand, also whats the BEST case fan I could use? That will pump a lot of air out?
nonexistentusmc
+26|6456|Queens, NYC
Intake Fan meaning sucking air for better cooling?! Wouldn't that result to more dust?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Intake Fan meaning sucking air for better cooling?! Wouldn't that result to more dust?
Ain't there usually a filter to filter out the mcshit?
Sgt.Scream.MDK
+19|6774|Florida - America's Wang!
Most cases that can hold an intake fan usually have filters. I personally have an intake fan (80mm I believe), and my philosophy is the more air you move through your case, the cooler your components are.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6355|New York
I've never heard AMD frown upon front intake fans but I'll take your word for it.

I use two front intake fans in my CM Stacker 830 case, I find the airflow from front to back keeps my system alot cooler then having fans blow in from the side and creating all kinds of turbulance and dead spots inside the case.

I use Thermaltake A2018 120mm fans (38.6-93.7 CFM) on a fan controller, they work very well but they're just my preference
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)
The best, imo, is to have both a front in-take fan (at the bottom) and a rear out-take fan (at about same height as the CPU (and in addition to any that is on the PSU)).

something like this:

https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4820/airflowme1.png

Also, I really like the Antec 120mm DBB case fans.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-07-07 20:51:01)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6604|Lexington, Kentucky

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The best, imo, is to have both a front in-take fan (at the bottom) and a rear out-take fan (at about same height as the CPU (and in addition to any that is on the PSU)).

something like this:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4820/airflowme1.png

I second this, as my rig is set up the same way.

Sadly, I do not have a pair of 120 MM fans, just one on the intake.
(I hope to remedy this soon, though)
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

nonexistentusmc wrote:

intake fan meaning having a fan on the front side of the system to pull the air into the system.

Ill draw it for you.
https://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m302/ABS_PC_1/t.jpg
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

Anfidurl wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

something like this:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4820/airflowme1.png

I second this, as my rig is set up the same way.

Sadly, I do not have a pair of 120 MM fans, just one on the intake.
(I hope to remedy this soon, though)
At the very least you should move it to the back of the case - 'under-pressure' (more air being sucked out than blown in) is more desirable than 'over-pressure' (more in than out (which is what you've probably got at the moment)).
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

Villain{NY} wrote:

I've never heard AMD frown upon front intake fans but I'll take your word for it.

I use two front intake fans in my CM Stacker 830 case, I find the airflow from front to back keeps my system alot cooler then having fans blow in from the side and creating all kinds of turbulance and dead spots inside the case.

I use Thermaltake A2018 120mm fans (38.6-93.7 CFM) on a fan controller, they work very well but they're just my preference
Im taking the A+ certification test and one of the books discusses this difference between the 2.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-07-07 21:10:52)

Computer_Guy
+54|6708
I have the Antec P180b, with 2 fans that exhaust heat out of my case right near my cpu heatsink. And then theres the lower chamber which pulls air over my HDs and pushes it through myy psu.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard