Kami.exe
+0|6473|Chicago, IL
Does anyone know what this means?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
it's probably telling you that BF2 has been unable to install any that you need to restart the installation from the beginning
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

liquidat0r wrote:

it's probably telling you that BF2 has been unable to install any that you need to restart the installation from the beginning
Kami.exe
+0|6473|Chicago, IL
Well no fucking shit, I thought it was something more... challenging, like perhaps a disk is corrupt, or maybe a my dvd drives are bad, something more cosmicly wrong than "I need to retry."

I think a fucking blind man could have told me that one.

Look dude if your too retarded to explain as to why I'm recieving the messager perhaps you should refrain from posting?

Cheers mate.
IBKCKNURASS
Corrosion Inhibitor
+172|6707
make sure your are installing on a administrative account for starters.
Disable backgroud programs. Also make sure you have done a defrag(is necessary for bad disc sectors).
If you get the same error do this.
Manual install
Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.
   1. Double-click My Computer.
   2.Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
   3.Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
   4.Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
   5.Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
   6. Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
   7.Name this folder Disk1.
   8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2  and Disk 3.  It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.  If you have the DVD version you will only need the Disk1 folder.
   9.Insert Disk 1 of Battlefield 2 into your disk drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
  10.Double-click My Computer to open it.
  11.Right-click on your disk drive and choose Open.
  12.When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
  13.All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
  14.Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the disk into the Disk1 folder.
  15.Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 and Disk 3 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.  If you have the DVD version, you will not need to perform this step.
  16.Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL disks from any drives.
  17.Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
  18.To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

If this fails do a manual uninstall

1.Open My Documents.
   2.Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

To delete the game files (in the default location):

1.Open My Computer.
   2.Open the C drive.
   3.Open the Program Files folder.
   4.Open the EA GAMES folder.
   5.Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
   6.Close all open windows.
   7.Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1.Click on the Start button.
   2.Click on Run.
   3.Type regedit in the text field.
   4.Click File and then choose Export.
   5.Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
   6.Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
   7.Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
   8.Click the plus sign next to Software.
   9.Click the plus sign next to DICE.
  10.Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
  11.Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Amored Fury folder (if applicable) and choose Delete.
  12.Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
  13.Right-click and choose Delete on any Battlefield 2 folders.
  14.Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
  15.Click the plus sign next to Windows.
  16.Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
  17.Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
  18.Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} andchoose Delete.
  19.A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
  20.Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.
  21.Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information (If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to “SHOW hidden folders.”)
  22.Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
  23.Empty the recycle bin once more.

Then try the regular install or manual install again.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

Kami.exe wrote:

Well no fucking shit, I thought it was something more... challenging, like perhaps a disk is corrupt, or maybe a my dvd drives are bad, something more cosmicly wrong than "I need to retry."

Look dude if your too retarded to explain as to why I'm recieving the messager perhaps you should refrain from posting?

Cheers mate.
You come here asking for help and give us a minimal amount of information.  What do you expect?  Had you said something like "I tried reinstalling and I'm still getting the same problem.  Could it possibly be due to a faulty disc?" then maybe we'd be able to give you more accurate help.  All you said was "anyone know what this means?"

Yes, I do know what it means.  It means that BF2 failed to install and that you should try again from the beginning.  Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Look dude, if you're too retarded to phrase your question in a manner that doesn't make you sound like you don't understand English, then maybe you should refrain from posting.  Being a dick, swearing, and calling people names will get you nowhere on these forums.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Humm i get the exact same problem when starting to install with my disc 2 (no i dont have bf2 dvd)...Will be trying the long fix that have been posted over there.
Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
@ThomasMorgan, i completely agree...

OP, try imaging the disk/s with daemon/Achohol120 etc and install from the image....or even better, try the search function and the right forum, the Help forum is a good place to ask questions....

Fateless.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
Humm tried the given metod over here (Copying Cd's to computer and runnning it...Wont work, still the same Fail message, so i supose its not a Cd scratch or anything physical...but damn! What can bring a game to stop working like that...Hummm i supose that i could maybe download bf2 in torrent and put my cd-key into it..
Fateless
Er, did you copy the Cd's to your PC or did you image them?

Fateless.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Kami.exe wrote:

Cheers mate.
You come here asking for help and give us a minimal amount of information.  What do you expect?  Had you said something like "I tried reinstalling and I'm still getting the same problem.  Could it possibly be due to a faulty disc?" then maybe we'd be able to give you more accurate help.  All you said was "anyone know what this means?"

Yes, I do know what it means.  It means that BF2 failed to install and that you should try again from the beginning.  Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Look dude, if you're too retarded to phrase your question in a manner that doesn't make you sound like you don't understand English, then maybe you should refrain from posting.  Being a dick, swearing, and calling people names will get you nowhere on these forums.
Especially when the two people you give attiutude to are mods

Removed by badhq

thats you after shooting yourself in the foot

========================== Edited by badhq ===========================
Please do not post images like that in future I'm 27 and I found that image disterbing

Last edited by badhq (2007-07-07 07:54:34)

Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Fateless wrote:

Er, did you copy the Cd's to your PC or did you image them?

Fateless.
Made a copy of em...just ctrl+c from the cd...like the block of text up there said to do.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
i used to get that when i used my C drive so i used the dvd drive instead
MysteryJake
+12|6177|California

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Humm tried the given metod over here (Copying Cd's to computer and runnning it...Wont work, still the same Fail message, so i supose its not a Cd scratch or anything physical...but damn! What can bring a game to stop working like that...Hummm i supose that i could maybe download bf2 in torrent and put my cd-key into it..
Install in safe mode.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

MysteryJake wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Install in safe mode.
Dont ask me why but it seem like my computer dont want to boot in safe mod...i tried but it stop about at the half of the OS loading...lemme try again!

Fixed the Safe Mode issue...still wont install...ill prolly grab the whole folder of my friend if he come over to my house. Prolly the best way...take the full game folder burn it onto a dvd and change the cd-key then go pwn!

Last edited by Roger Lesboules (2007-07-07 18:01:54)

MysteryJake
+12|6177|California

Roger Lesboules wrote:

MysteryJake wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Install in safe mode.
Dont ask me why but it seem like my computer dont want to boot in safe mod...i tried but it stop about at the half of the OS loading...lemme try again!

Fixed the Safe Mode issue...still wont install...ill prolly grab the whole folder of my friend if he come over to my house. Prolly the best way...take the full game folder burn it onto a dvd and change the cd-key then go pwn!
Wont work, the game has to install into the registry to work.
Fateless
Ok mate, try using Alcohol120 etc to image (not copy) the disks and try install again from the image as suggested before. Let us know.

Fateless.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6531|Southampton, UK

@ TMo: Hello

@ Fateless: Meh

@ Slay3r: Evvvviiilll!!!!

@ Liqui: I don't like you. No reason why, i just don't.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!

Fateless wrote:

Ok mate, try using Alcohol120 etc to image (not copy) the disks and try install again from the image as suggested before. Let us know.

Fateless.
Bah right now i just made a copy of my friend bf2...We were in LAN this night and i just copy/paste his bf2 into my computer...i will try to burn the folder down...might work good...will also try the Alcohol120 thingies...maybe not right now but eventually!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard