Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

The voice of Scotland's Muslims: We will not let this evil divide us. We would die for this country

https://i18.tinypic.com/61lrwo3.jpg
Muhammad Abdul Bari, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain,
speaks at a news conference in London July 3, 2007.

"THESE are bad people," said Sabir Ali, his familiar warm smile turned to a frown. "Local law does not allow it, but if we found them we would kill them ourselves."
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1039412007

Unfortunately the reprisal was almost inevitable.
July 5 (Bloomberg) -- U.K. Muslims and South Asians suffered several reprisal attacks after terrorists tried to explode car bombs in London and murder people at Glasgow International Airport, the Muslim Council of Britain said yesterday.

Over the past week, a Muslim man was stabbed in Manchester, northwest England, a Pakistani-run convenience store was attacked in Glasgow and a premises next to an Islamic center in the Scottish city had an explosive device thrown through the window.

The incidents include:

* An Asian-owned newsagents in Riddrie, Glasgow, being ram-raided and then fire-bombed;
    * Graffiti daubed in Lanarkshire targetting a Glasgow MP, saying 'Kill all P**is starting with Mohammad Sarwar';
    * A petrol bomb thrown through an estate agents window, which is thought to have been intended for the mosque next door, in Bathgate, West Lothian.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … NL8Zopcxdo

And for all those who want to see Muslims speak out against terror.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u … 023003.ece
Make sure you tune in.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

What did they expect?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6415|North Carolina
Oh shit... This is not going to end well...  I hope the moderates of both sides prevail on this one, but this doesn't look good at all...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6539|Global Command
Europe has a extremist Muslim problem
Oops, forgot I can't say that.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

ATG wrote:

punk
Turquoise
O Canada
LOL @ ATG....  Good to see you again, stranger...
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6189
This is what I mean....you have muslims speaking out against radicals but they only do it from countries that give them more freedom than where they came from(america, Britain, etc.). I would like to see a muslim with some balls and speak out against radicals in the country of their ORIGIN. That wont happen because those muslims live in more fear in their own countries to ever step up to the plate.
ATG
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

Funny, a forum with a bunch of snot nosed kids seems to have pretty high standards for debate.
Well done lads, I have seen a difference.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6772

Gee I wonder what would happen if I opened up a Catholic church in Lebanon with an American flag hanging off the roof.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

usmarine2005 wrote:

Gee I wonder what would happen if I opened up a Catholic church in Lebanon with an American flag hanging off the roof.
They'd call their cousins bringing all the "Fully Sick" cars with subwoofers. It would be Cronulla all over again. But your outnumbered.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6289

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

This is what I mean....you have muslims speaking out against radicals but they only do it from countries that give them more freedom than where they came from(america, Britain, etc.). I would like to see a muslim with some balls and speak out against radicals in the country of their ORIGIN. That wont happen because those muslims live in more fear in their own countries to ever step up to the plate.
You realize this sounds a lot like "You there, I want you to speak up against something in a country where speaking up against something can get you tortured and killed, while I sit in this safe country over here.", right?

Seriously, FFS people, who the fuck do any of you think you are to demand anyone risk their lives to satisfy your view of how their lives should be while you sit in your computer chair in your nice safe home where the Morals Police aren't going to kick your fucking door in and drag you off at any moment? They're doing the same damn thing people almost always do when they find themselves living in some psycho authoritarian state: they go along to get along. Their authoritarians wear familiar faces; so even if they do collectively chafe under the weight of insane restrictions and harsh punishments, it's how their lives have been since they were fucking born. They've also seen what happens to those who do speak out and resist. But since they're not doing a re-enactment of fucking Red Dawn in their home countries, some peckernecks who wouldn't survive a week in their place are offended. On behalf of every poor fucker living in any one of the fundamentalist Islamic nations, fuck you. They've got enough to worry about all ready that I doubt the disapproval of some cheetos-encrusted keyboard-banger matters worth a rusty shit to them. "Step up to the plate"? Are you fucking kidding me? How fast would you step up to the plate if you knew that within a matter of hours you'd be getting six shades of shit knocked out of you by the Mullah's Finest?

Look, since it seems to be such a difficult concept for some people to grasp, lemme spell it out simply: they speak out in other countries to avoid being tortured and fucking killed. I don't know, maybe they figure they can speak to their fellow Muslims a lot more easily if they're not fucking dead. Makes sense doesn't it?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6611|132 and Bush

Some Muslims are reluctant to speak out for fear of retaliation.

Some feel they have to speak out for fear of retaliation.

Demanding a voice of opposition no matter if it is sincere or not will only serve to alienate what could be our greatest ally in fighting terrorism.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Smithereener
+138|6326|California

Kmarion wrote:

Demanding a voice of opposition no matter if it is sincere or not will only serve to alienate what could be our greatest ally in fighting terrorism.
Too true. I've just a question about this moderate voice. I know that there are some Muslims that really despise what these radical terrorists do (Can we even consider these people to be Muslim anymore?), but I keep seeing all these posts about them not saying enough. Is it totally that the moderate voice is too small, or could another factor be that we don't focus our attention on them? I mean, we spend a lot of our attention on the radicals, the kind that most of us hate, but do we see much of moderate point of view?

I think that even if the moderate Muslim are a very small minority, probably because of the retribution they may face for speaking out, if we were to give them more coverage, more attention, we would see more and more people speaking out.
BVC
+325|6705
Moderate Muslims speaking out against extremoradicaterrorists?  Good!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6638|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

This proves it doesn't. It has a small bunch of Muslim extremists, Christian Extremists, Bigots, racists................. which are all being watched by the moderates and hopefully the security forces.

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Funny, a forum with a bunch of snot nosed kids seems to have pretty high standards for debate.
Don't think anyone here posts with a view to impressing you ATG. You debated for long enough with "snot nosed kids", if you don't like it, then don't come back.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

ATG wrote:

who says you can't ?

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ah, and what are you, a responsible adult ? condescending ftl....
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6664|Teesside, UK

B.Schuss wrote:

ATG wrote:

who says you can't ?
He's just bitter that us Europeans say he's wrong when he tries provoke us by saying that
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6500|Menlo Park, CA

ATG wrote:

lol
ATG
Banned

B.Schuss wrote:

ATG wrote:

who says you can't ?

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ah, and what are you, a responsible adult ? condescending ftl....
I think you took what I said in the total reverse of how it was meant.

It was supposed to mean " missed you too. "
Reciprocity
+721|6591|the dank(super) side of Oregon
it seems like the concept of immigration has been lost.  Europeans should not have to let people into their countries who completely disagree with everything said country stands for.  that's not immigration, that's infection.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2007-07-06 19:05:50)

EVieira
+105|6488|Lutenblaag, Molvania

Bloomberg wrote:

The incidents include:

* An Asian-owned newsagents in Riddrie, Glasgow, being ram-raided and then fire-bombed;
    * Graffiti daubed in Lanarkshire targetting a Glasgow MP, saying 'Kill all P**is starting with Mohammad Sarwar';
    * A petrol bomb thrown through an estate agents window, which is thought to have been intended for the mosque next door, in Bathgate, West Lothian.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= … NL8Zopcxdo
The terrorists are winning. This is what they want to happen.
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
The_Mac
+96|6235

Kmarion wrote:

I am friends with an Irish Gael Historian, and his brother in is a priest in Palestine. The people he converts/preaches to cannot tell their neighbors they're Christian, or they will be killed.

You're right, the Arabs are afraid of speaking out--they're afraid of their own kind.
Turquoise
O Canada
That's pretty fucked up, but expected....  It seems like that whole region over there is just saturated with hardliner people.  All the heat must make people go crazy there.
The_Mac
+96|6235
Just like in California.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6685|Canberra, AUS

The_Mac wrote:

Just like in California.
Why on earth must you bring some snide anti-liberal or anti-left comment into every single thread?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard