TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6543
My "gut" honest feeling is...it'll happen...sooner or later.  Rome only lasted...what?...800-ish years?  The US will "fall" eventually, from without, or within...it happens...it seems to be the way of things...

any empires left from way back when?  say...500 or so years?  200-ish isnt squat in the grand scheme of things...our governement still has PLENTY of time to muck it up...royaly *ehem* hehe

ah well

I dont see it any time soon...no way, not now...in a 100 years or so maybe...

nasty train of thought this is...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Longbow wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

LOL. The USSR didn't split up into lots of different countries. It split up into Russia and all of the countries that existed before the USSR came into existence
Gotta disagree here , most of ex-USSR countryes were Russia's parts from XVI-XIX senturies ... Soviet administration made them sami-autonomic republics .  Actually , USSR teritory was almost similar to monarchy Russia's  .
so I guess all those languages they speak now just sprouted up from the last 20 years?  I mean since they were originally russian and all.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272
George Bush would not have a moon
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

so I guess all those languages they speak now just sprouted up from the last 20 years?  I mean since they were originally russian and all.
Did I say they were the same nation ? No I didn't .  Why do you think county had a status of empire ?

p/s Official language was russian of cource ...
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614

Longbow wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Did I say they were the same nation ? No I didn't .  Why do you think county had a status of empire ?

p/s Official language was russian of cource ...
but they were once their own independent countries, which were conquered by the russian empire.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky
My state would probably join up with Canada.
confused
+10|6364|British Columbia

S3v3N wrote:

My state would probably join up with Canada.
What state are you.  I think we'd like Alaska maybe Wisconsin and Hawaii.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
California, Texas, and Florida are the most feasible examples of states that could become their own countries comfortably.

Personally, I'd love to see the country split into multiple parts.

However, it will probably never happen.
Longbow
+163|6616|Odessa, Ukraine

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

but they were once their own independent countries, which were conquered by the russian empire.
I haven't denied that . Just said that 'The USSR didn't split up into lots of different countries. It split up into Russia and all of the countries that existed before the USSR came into existence.' is wrong because those countries were counquered centuries before USSR was born and were part of Russia ( or Russian Empire , if you want ).
dubbs
+105|6602|Lexington, KY
First you have to really think about it, Vermont would be a 3rd world country.  They do not have enough income to actually be of value to any other nation.  They also would have a worse government then the federal government.

California would be the first state I see breaking from the Union.  I think that it's economy, if it's own nation, would be 8th in the world.  That is not bad based on it's size.  Hawaii has a good chance of going first also, most Hawaiians consider other Americans as outsiders when they go to Hawaii.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
Vermont and Cali can leave the US and come hang with Canada..  We've got plenty of room for the Mexicans and whatever lies in Vermont...
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

The former states can go join Quebec. Nobody likes Quebec.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada

Ryan wrote:

Quebec can't survive without the rest of Canada, they want to create their own Nation, but they still want there hands in Canadas Pockets, Fuck 'em..

The only Province that could ever leave Canada and support itself is Alberta.
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6314|New York
We fought a war over this from 1861 to 1865 to ensure it will never happen.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

LT.Victim wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Quebec can't survive without the rest of Canada, they want to create their own Nation, but they still want there hands in Canadas Pockets, Fuck 'em..

Yup. Oil and natural gas ftw. We don't need the rest of Canada's energy and money to survive. And BC has alot of tourism to support it as well.
Turquoise
O Canada

dubbs wrote:

First you have to really think about it, Vermont would be a 3rd world country.  They do not have enough income to actually be of value to any other nation.  They also would have a worse government then the federal government.
Vermont has a lot of rich retirees.  They have a higher median income than most states and a higher one than the national average.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_ … ted_States  (scroll down to about 3/4 of the page)

dubbs wrote:

California would be the first state I see breaking from the Union.  I think that it's economy, if it's own nation, would be 8th in the world.  That is not bad based on it's size.  Hawaii has a good chance of going first also, most Hawaiians consider other Americans as outsiders when they go to Hawaii.
You're right about California, but I didn't know about Hawaii.
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali

Harmor wrote:

There is chatter that is warning that the United States may break up into separate countries.  There are even some states like Vermont that want to succeed from the Union (16% want to leave).

If the United States did break up into several different countries, what's the fallout?
hahahahaha. SERIOUS CHATTER????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HMMM. i wonder what would happen.... oh wait it did.
1861 to 1865. it was called the CIVIL WAR... and guess what? AMERICA WON.
All those bitch ass states got their asses handed to them and are back in the Union.

But, if any state had the right to break away it would be Hawaii.
Still to this day, America's illegal and hostile take over of a non threatening Hawaii is one of the most shameful and least talked about pages of American history.
History is written by the winners, so no one talks about that.
Next thread...

Last edited by ARCHANGEL1941 (2007-07-05 17:14:12)

Turquoise
O Canada

Villain{NY} wrote:

We fought a war over this from 1861 to 1865 to ensure it will never happen.
...and to secure natural resources for industrial interests....
confused
+10|6364|British Columbia

LT.Victim wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Nope.  If Alberta left it would have to keep all its retirees instead of sending them to BC.  That much extra pension would destroy Alberta's budget surplus.
Turquoise
O Canada

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Harmor wrote:

There is chatter that is warning that the United States may break up into separate countries.  There are even some states like Vermont that want to succeed from the Union (16% want to leave).

If the United States did break up into several different countries, what's the fallout?
All those bitch ass states got their asses handed to them and are back in the Union.

Still to this day, America's illegal and hostile take over of a non threatening Hawaii is one of the most shameful and least talked about pages of American history.
Next thread...
I'd say the Civil War itself was pretty shameful, and so would a lot of my part of the country.
ARCHANGEL1941
Hell Yeah I Suck Toes!!!
+14|6167|Cali

Turquoise wrote:

ARCHANGEL1941 wrote:

Harmor wrote:

Next thread...
I'd say the Civil War itself was pretty shameful, and so would a lot of my part of the country.
i agree whole heartedly, but look up how America took over Hawaii.
That is why the Hawaiian people hate Mainland Americans.
Because we did then, what we are trying to do now. See a problem, move in to help, never leave and then claim it as ours.
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6315|Cali

Leprechaun56 wrote:

Ummm....... Vermont... enough said.
nuff said
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
https://img468.imageshack.us/img468/769/newamericawa4.png
If something massively drastic happened; this is what I see the map more or less coming to. The USA looses major coast lines, several major cities, and countless natural resources. It is now on the level of maybe France when it comes to economy. New York becomes a society resembling Norway. Vermont becomes as important as Liechtenstein. New England lives off of it's fishing industry and becomes about as important as maybe Albania. Michigan maintains it self as a wealthy nation with both a strong agricultural and shipping industry, with New York benefiting from it through the Erie Canal. Dakota retains wealth through agriculture and is protected by Canada and is returned to the Sioux to live freely, of course alongside the former Americans in the area, perhaps it will become a commonwealth of Canada. Vancouver becomes a commonwealth of the USA until it can support itself or decides to rejoin the Union as the states they once were. Texas remains a strong ally of the USA and thrives off of its ranches, Gulf oil, and the Houston NASA site. Florida forms a new federal government but retains symbiotic relations with the USA (I forgot to put in its capital, it remains Tallahassee). Louisiana is now a French commonwealth and benefits quite well from it. Alaska joins Canada.The NASA launch sites in Texas and Florida become US territories. All in all Canada gains massive wealth from these changes.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2007-07-05 18:41:58)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6615|Ohio
not gonna happen. unless the new country is Petoria.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6481|Gold Coast
That would never happen. EVER.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard