Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6592|UK

.... motherboards on the market (C2D) that support SLI and Crossfire?  If so, any below the £140/$250 mark.  I've looked, and havent seen, so not expecting a yes here, but, was just curious if there is. 

Failing this, anyone recommend a good mobo for the above price range?  Crossfire or SLI I dont mind

Cheerz

Martyn
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6536|N. Ireland
My fantastic Asus P5W DH Deluxe (Built in Wi-Fi and comes with a Digital IR Remote, fantastic for media - i'm not even a media person, but it really is so great) supports Crossfire. It costs around £120!
maestrium
+13|6527|Arizona
My P5N32-E is C2D (C2Q ready), and supports SLI. I got it for about $180 (£90) on Newegg.
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6403|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
wait, wouldn't a mobo that has 2 PCIE slots be able to have SLI annddd Crossfire?
fitz8402
+10|6653|The Halls of Montezuma
I could just be talking out of my ass here but I believe that the chipset on the motherboard determines what gpu's it supports.  I cant see how you could have one that supported both formats because they are manufactured by rival companies.  I honestly dont know for sure though.  Just my 2 cents
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6522|Somewhere else

ceslayer23 wrote:

wait, wouldn't a mobo that has 2 PCIE slots be able to have SLI annddd Crossfire?
I don't think so... Im pretty sure it has to be designed either or, not both.

I could be wrong but...^
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6240|Winland

Mobos support SLI ORCrossfire.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6624|SE London

If there was, and I'm pretty sure there isn't, ASRock would make it.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6592|UK

ceslayer23 wrote:

That was my question, guess I didnt make it clear enough, late night ftl

Anyway thanks for that guys

Martyn
St.BADSHOT
+6|6289
Two cards running SLI have  to be identical, CrossFire does not. The nvidia chipsets will not run Crossfire, but it will run one ATI card that is CrossFire capable.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6536|N. Ireland

ceslayer23 wrote:

Sorry but it isn't happening. Different chipsets.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-07-06 07:36:39)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6503|UK

St.BADSHOT wrote:

Two cards running SLI have  to be identical, CrossFire does not. The nvidia chipsets will not run Crossfire, but it will run one ATI card that is CrossFire capable.
No way so I could have a crap ATi crossfired with a good ATi card that would be interesting!
Smithereener
+138|6358|California

wah1188 wrote:

St.BADSHOT wrote:

No way so I could have a crap ATi crossfired with a good ATi card that would be interesting!
But wouldn't that sort of bottleneck the good card if it's paired up with a crap one? *Thinks about 3legged races*
JaMrulezass
+47|6507|Hong Kong
I think I've heard of a mobo use the nForce 4 chipset to support both Crossfire and SLI. I think it was from Abit or DFI, not very sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard