Bratwurstschnecke
+77|6708|respawn screen
Hitbox-Enlargement
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6260|NSW, Australia

no its not for refuelling in air, if this plane is capable of doing that, it its a hole somewhere on the plane, usually on the top i think? and the hose or whatever goes in it
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6609|Columbus, OH

genius_man16 wrote:

slightly off topic but...anyone else think the F-35 in Live Free or Die Hard was pretty fucking cool?

i wish you could do that maneuvering in BF2...
Transformer the Movie the F-35's were pretty sweet too!
fitz8402
+10|6641|The Halls of Montezuma

taffy1979 wrote:

Nappy wrote:

does this plane have a shimmy damper? it doesn't look like it, but its bolted down.

god i love that word
WTF is a shimmy dampener, i ask cos i am an aircraft technician.
It does 2 things.  1.) It keeps the nose strut from "shimmying" during takeoff, taxi and landing.  2.)  Once the nose strut leaves the ground it positions the nose wheel so it is parallel with the center-line of the aircraft so it does not prevent the nose wheel from being retracted.
fitz8402

genius_man16 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

slightly off topic but...anyone else think the F-35 in Live Free or Die Hard was pretty fucking cool?

Haha watched it today thats possible in real life right? I was gutted it died by a little piece of poo poo falling into its hole though .
i think it's possible...

but then again, it's a movie and mostly computer generated, so who knows?

and i feel your pain, it's lame how it died b/c that box thing fell into it's.... man, i don't want to call it a hole, lol
As cool as it was its not even close to possible.  Sorry to bust your bubble.  To take it a step farther I will really play reality police.  The STOVL F-35 does not even have an internal gun.  If the mission requires one a pod can be mounted under the wing but would never be fired while in a hover.  In the movie it shows the muzzle flash coming from somewhere in the bottom of the engine inlet.  An aircraft designer would never even consider doing this because of the corrosive gasses that would be pulled through the engine.  Not to mention the risk of debris destroying the engine.  Just one more example of the game developers and hollywierd not doing there homework.

Last edited by fitz8402 (2007-07-05 09:06:51)

FlamingPhenix
I'm in ya base, drinking ya booze
+44|6587|Behind you, with a knife
It's used like and harpoon. That way you can catch whales

Last edited by FlamingPhenix (2007-07-05 07:37:56)

pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6436|Earth

loubot wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

I thought they were F-22's? Oh well, I only saw the preview once.
Signature
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6436|Earth
And another thing that has caught my attention as being odd. The F35B is not the carrier variant of the jet. The carrier based variant would be the F35C.
Signature
fitz8402

pyscofrawg wrote:

And another thing that has caught my attention as being odd. The F35B is not the carrier variant of the jet. The carrier based variant would be the F35C.
Actually it is the proper version.  The carrier in the game is a helicopter carrier.
mafropetee
+18|6175|Altamonte Springs, FL

pyscofrawg wrote:

that would be correct, if the game was based on the navy. dont forget, the USMC uses carriers as well, being basically a section of the navy. the F-35B is the marines variant. so really, it is the correct varaint.
mafropetee

pyscofrawg wrote:

loubot wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

im not sure which one is in the movie (im seeing it today), but both jets do look similar. ive always explained the appearance of the JSF to those who dont know it as an F-22 with only one engine.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6436|Earth

mafropetee wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

loubot wrote:

im not sure which one is in the movie (im seeing it today), but both jets do look similar. ive always explained the appearance of the JSF to those who dont know it as an F-22 with only one engine.
Not quite. The F-22 is not as tall as the F-35, but is much larger. The F-22's wingspan and length are more than 10 ft. longer/wider than that of F-35. In all, the F-22 is ten times the plane the F-35.
Signature
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6321|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

pyscofrawg wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

Not quite. The F-22 is not as tall as the F-35, but is much larger. The F-22's wingspan and length are more than 10 ft. longer/wider than that of F-35. In all, the F-22 is ten times the plane the F-35.
The F-35B is in the movie. Even in the trailer, you can see a scene where the plane hovers.

F-22 = No hover.
F-35B = Hover.

Therefore, Bruce Willis wins with a tractor trailer.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
mafropetee

pyscofrawg wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

yes, but at quick glance, i can see how one could confuse them.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6608|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Your all wrong! Its there to impale infantry! I think its pretty obvious!
mafropetee

cowami wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

mafropetee wrote:

The F-35B is in the movie. Even in the trailer, you can see a scene where the plane hovers.

F-22 = No hover.
F-35B = Hover.

hes talking about transformers. not live free die hard.
mafropetee

Roger Lesboules wrote:

lol nice but i think that particular conversation is long gone in this thread. and similar answers such as yours have been said multiple times.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6477|Amsterdam‫

mafropetee wrote:

cowami wrote:

pyscofrawg wrote:

F-22 = No hover.
F-35B = Hover.

hes talking about transformers. not live free die hard.
in transformer it is an F-22
the differences
https://img.verycd.com/posts/0608/post-332432-1156295251.jpg
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
san4
The Mas
+311|6719|NYC, a place to live

Roger Lesboules wrote:

That would involve some serious trick flying, but I'm sure there are people who can do it. I'd like to see a vid.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6320|Pacific NW, USA

Adams_BJ wrote:

san4 wrote:

Dude, learn to spell. It's pilot, with an l.
No, it's a pitot, learn to... not be such a poo poo head.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitot_tube
Check your facts before lowering your hand of wrath upon others.
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/IntegraVSR/Nerd%20Stuff/bike-fail.gif
PapaTango69
+1|6821|NoneYA
Its just a few extra pixels that make no difference what so ever......hehehe!
Brasso
+1,549|6661

PigPopTart wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

san4 wrote:

Dude, learn to spell. It's pilot, with an l.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/ … e-fail.gif
I don't understand how the bike in that picture depicts "FAIL" though...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6684

haffeysucks wrote:

PigPopTart wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b120/ … e-fail.gif
I don't understand how the bike in that picture depicts "FAIL" though...
wow, MONSTERFAIL
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6770|Comber, Northern Ireland
who knows but im wondering why it says "RESCUE" down the side of the jet...
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6521|Gogledd Cymru

how about the chain and the fact you could just lift it haffey

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard