DeltaForce
Flawless Cowboy
+3|6247|On your screen

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

3. They're spec ops, but if you drive away quick enough he wont have time to C4 you up, he'll have his carbine out thinking he can pop you not realising you're getting yourself a new hardend steel ensemble.
Good strategy, but have you encountered the rare breed of spec-ops who sticks c4's onto their tanks? That's what I do. jump out and detonate C4 in case people decide to slap 'em up your tush. it kills them in the process as well
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6768|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
I had a situation as a medic yesterday where I encountered the "less intelligent player." We'd fought a somewhat pitched battle around the power station in Mashtuur and we'd taken the flag back as USMC, but the MEC tank came to defend. I was coming out of the fenced area and was nose-to-nose with the tank. I oriented myself slightly to his left so direct .50 cal fire wouldn't get me and ran TOWARDS the tank, head-on. The tanker was so taken aback that he reversed, both to avoid me and to try and get a working .50 cal shot. He ended up going over the edge of the river bank and wasn't smart enough to extract his tank, so a minute or so later we see the tank, abandon, in the river bed by the mosque...

Oh, and the one bullet I took was easily dispatched with my hand med kit. :-)
Blepo1990
+0|6345|The Netherlands, Gulpen
Yes, if you are fast enough and they only see a glimp of you, there is a chance they panic and
a) try to drive away, destroying their tank most of the time
b) bailing out --> you get tank and kill
c) manage to get on a distance and kill you
d) another APC/tank of they enemy pops up and kills you lol

Like someone else said, don't just pretend to be a spec-ops, THINK you are one and make the other think the same (6)
Emasika
+0|6477
Surprisingly many times even relatively skilled players can be put to panic, when they leave their tanks. Lately I've been able to get enemies' tanks many times to my own team's use, which always give your team the advantage.

Always remember: If you abandon your tank, make sure it will be destroyed!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

Haha, good tactic, and I've seen it work regardless of what kit I am. But it doesn't work on me because I tell the differents of the kits by looking at the hats/helmets. If I saw a helmet instead of a beret, I'd know better

Another fun tactic I've done before is as engineer, pretend to book it out of the tank, but throw a mine underneath the front (if enemy is in the back). I run away, he thinks he's sly, then BOOM! AT Mine kill for me (though I did have to sacrifice the tank; but I only do it if I'm extremely low on armor and don't have time to repair)

Last edited by mtb0minime (2007-05-20 13:13:37)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6363|Twyford, UK
I tried this tonight. The bastard didn't notice me and reversed over me. Scrunch, dead.

So from now on, I revert to spotting it and running like fuck.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6285|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I tried this tonight. The bastard didn't notice me and reversed over me. Scrunch, dead.

So from now on, I revert to spotting it and running like fuck.
Yea, don't stand square behind it, just to the side at the back corner, that's where most Spec-Ops guys put C4 anyway.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

Spec Ops are pretty easy to distinguish from medics.  If I know it's a medic: Forward, stuff the bastard.  If I don't: Get into cupola gunner (.50 cal) and hit him from there.

Emasika wrote:

Surprisingly many times even relatively skilled players can be put to panic, when they leave their tanks. Lately I've been able to get enemies' tanks many times to my own team's use, which always give your team the advantage.

Always remember: If you abandon your tank, make sure it will be destroyed!
I remember Jihad tanking.  Very funny for another Jihadist to come up, only to realise that the C4 wasn't his.  Also works against Spec Ops.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-05-21 05:19:46)

JaggedPanther
+61|6492

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Yawn. I wake up and stretch my arms, sunlight pours through the glassless window of my dark hut. Death isn't so bad it seems, i've only been asleep 15 seconds. I remember watching the seconds tick away helplessly, taking the time to check my stats and select who I want to be re-born as; Medic - sometimes you have to give something back to the world in little brown packages of love. I'll go do my bit and get back in the fight, think I'll turn up in style in the M1A2 no-one is using.
<OUTSIDE>
Wait a minute, a dirty red has taken my tank and is trying to cap the flag, and I'm the only one here! Awww man I new I should have been AT/Spec/Eng, any of those would have been better. Now I'm going to take another 15 second nap from a SABOT shapped sleeping pill, if only there was a way a medic could take on a tank.

<WARNING - this technique only works against the less intelligent player, but hey, arn't there plenty of those around anyway?>

Get in sprint mode and run towards the tank. "TOWARDS" I hear you question in a little girls voice. Yes towards, and make sure you head around his back so he really can't see you. If you make it up to the body of the tank he won't be able to shoot you. So what now? Isn't he just going to drive away? Well if you were spec ops you'd have put some C4 on his armour plated ass, and this guy didn't take the time to work out what unit type you were before you dissapeared from sight. He now has 3 choices:

1. Sit there and be blow up from the C4 that has manifested in his mind
2. drive away from you to get the angle to shoot, however this will only help give you the safe detonation distance for the C4 he's sure you put on him.
3. Get out of the tank and leg it.

Trust me, 80% of the times i've done this the driver has jumped out, better no tank than death he's thinking, well give him both.
All you have to do is get behind him (ever noticed how spec ops always C4 the back of the tank? That's why you're behind, it all adds to the illusion) and press E (or whatever your enter key is) repeatedly until they jump out.

Now all you have to do is drive away and reward his predictability with a SABOT enema.

The only risks you run are:
1. Them realising your a medic and thus no threat and not getting out (it does happen, but hey, you were going to die anyway)
2. They are an ATer in which case they'll probably put a frustrated rocket up your tush before you paint the floor with them, big deal.
3. They're spec ops, but if you drive away quick enough he wont have time to C4 you up, he'll have his carbine out thinking he can pop you not realising you're getting yourself a new hardend steel ensemble.

Trust me, it not only works, it's funny.

-- The psyche of your enemy --
???heh  you made a long story of something that has been happening in almost every 4th game or so since the game came out??? What you detailed occurs often.

It doesn't have to be medic, it can be any class (execept mabye sniper) just face the back of the tank, so to lessen the chance they figure out what class you are in those short few seconds, the fact you are going beside the tank makes anyone uneasy.

Alot of ppl have always been charging tanks as infantry no matter what class as you are never too sure or picking up someother class's dead kit. But cheers if it bought a smile to your face and decided to dedicate a thread to an age old tactic.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-06-09 20:08:34)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6673

Just now on Highway Tampa some guy tried that on me. I was like WTF??? Especially since when the packs are in the air you can see the red and white cross icon.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6529|Gold Coast
Meh. I do that sometimes, but most times I just stand there and let em kill me, depending if I can jump anywhere to get cover.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Graper0127
+1|6161|The Dirty Dozen
I'm always a medic and if I come to an enemy tank I just jump on top of it and make sure the driver knows I'm there and ride around until the tank driver gets so annoyed with not being able to get me off , jumps out well of course I jump in and kill his ass! Man that is a way to annoy people.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6465|Chicago, IL

DeltaForce wrote:

Ninja_Kid2002 wrote:

Good strategy, but have you encountered the rare breed of spec-ops who sticks c4's onto their tanks? That's what I do. jump out and detonate C4 in case people decide to slap 'em up your tush. it kills them in the process as well
i do that, beat them at their own game.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6409

Last week I got into a tank, gunned down someone heading for an APC, then took a hit from an AT.  I then reversed away from the ATer, and in the process ran over the SpecOps, who had been putting down C4 when I wasn't looking.   Afterwards I hopped out of the burning tank, snuck up behind the AT and blew him away with an Eryx.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard